• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink Summer Featured Auction

338 posts in this topic

Yes

Why do some bids take so long to show? Clink/ the seller lost out on potentially $1200.00 more due to the delay.

Could have something to do with their site looking like it's 14 years outdated

I suffered some misconceptions as well during the closings --I was on the main list page though. If you have the full page on the item open do you get more timely bid updates?

A trick I learned is to keep a tab of your email up since you'll get a notification of getting out bid in real time.

Geez, it's a long wait here for the item I really want... :wishluck:
Hope its not what I want? :baiting:

Well, if it is, hope you got it. 0/1 for me tonight.

No I was the underbidder on the last thing I was bidding for, the Samurai Jack lot. Just didn't want to use funds with art con being a week away.

I was the underbidder on all 3 lots I bid on, but got shut out - I guess I'm a consignor's best friend, though! :whistle:

The three lots were:

1. Kirby/Sinnott FF #90 page. Wasn't planning originally on even bidding on this one, but it caught my eye as I was going through the lots again today and I decided to take a shot at it. Incidentally, this piece resold for LESS than it sold for at Heritage in 2008...not often you see a blue chip piece of Marvel art resell for less after 6 years, but people forget that prices went bonkers in the summer of 2008 and the market cooled off dramatically between late 2008 and mid-2009 after that (despite revisionist history to the contrary). :whistle:

2. Miller Wolverine LS #2 page. I was originally planning to go sub-$20K on this one, but decided at the last moment to make a real go of it. While it's possible that my underbid may have crowded out a rival snipe at a lower level that didn't get recorded in the bidding history, I think it's pretty likely that, without my bid, this would have ended up at a more reasonable $18-$20K and change.

3. JRJR UXM #177 splash. Right in the nostalgic kill-zone for me, but just didn't feel like I needed to go to the mat for it having a couple of JRJR covers already. Congrats to whoever won this one.

I'm shocked by the ASM #141 cover result - between the vellum and Spidey's back turned, I would have guessed closer to half of the final price. The ASM #239 at $46,444 also exceeded my expectations by about 10%. The Conan #88 cover at $20,583 shocked me - nice cover, but I thought it would go for something more like $12K. Sienkiewicz Elektra: Assassin cover at $50K went at the high end of what I thought ($40-$50K). FF #40 page at $42K was strong. Fables #48 cover at $7,750 went cheap I thought - it's a B cover, but I think sub-$10K was a great buy for someone. JIM #112 splash was probably a bit rich at $37K.

I predicted earlier in the thread that the Kirby New Gods #4 cover could be one of the most expensive lots in the sale, though I didn't realize that it had a high reserve on it and wasn't surprised to see no one met it. Reserves were tripped by 1 person on both the Kirby Lord of Light piece and the McSpidey DPS - have to wonder when that happens where the underbid would have been. hm

$21.8K for the Greg Land UXM 500 cover is pretty surprising. Thought that the WD #19 page would have gone for more than $3.7K, though. 2c

Geez, it's a long wait here for the item I really want... :wishluck:
Hope its not what I want? :baiting:

Well, if it is, hope you got it. 0/1 for me tonight.

No I was the underbidder on the last thing I was bidding for, the Samurai Jack lot. Just didn't want to use funds with art con being a week away.

Ah, gotcha. I was going after the Stegman Superior Spiderman cover.

Lost out on the two things I was bidding on , but ended up with a piece I didn't even decide to bid on it until 4 minutes before it ended. lol

"I live! Doctor Doom lives! Hear me barbaric scum! Or can you no longer hear? Those word made me just have to get it.RADC85572014819_1397.jpg

Congrats to the winner of the Gen 13 #8 Cover!

Really liked that one!!

It's good to see some of the early works of J. Scott Campbell hit the marketplace. I'm wondering when his "Danger Girl" covers and pages are going to start popping up...

Wow, the Greg Land Uncanny X-Men 500 Wrap around cover is $21,793???

That seems crazy :screwy:

I must say, it's nice to see Greg Land get a little hobby respect by that price. Granted it's a double cover and epic with all of the characters, and it is Issue #500 (although the story was unremarkable and numbering today is meaningless since there's no more ongoing series and things get reset to #1 as often as people change their underwear)