• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics #1 Club
14 14

1,547 posts in this topic

There is a 2.0 on ebay people. Money talks ;)

Money isn't the issue, the big piece out of the front cover is, for me anyway. If that piece was out of the back cover I'd be much more interested.

But, otherwise, it is a nice looking copy.

I'd be fine with a restored copy as well.

Money isn't the issue, the big piece out of the front cover is, for me anyway. If that piece was out of the back cover I'd be much more interested.

So the ComicLink copy shouldn't be a problem then.

+1

+1

SDCC is right around the corner, and I hope to find one there. Or another book of equal stature :wishluck:

I guess I've been in a coma. He's asking $52,500 for a 3.5 and he's turned down $43,000? :o

Hard to believe this book can hold these kinds of values, but what do I know?

I guess I've been in a coma. He's asking $52,500 for a 3.5 and he's turned down $43,000? :o

A 2.5 with tape along the entire spine, with the cover re-attached with an extra staple sold for $39,000 -- considering this is a 3.5, and an well presenting 3.5 -- I don't think $43,000 is going to cut it with today's FMV.

Members of the Captain America Comics #1 Club as of 7/5/14:

1 CGC Universal copy, 2 CGC Restored copies and 2 raw copes.

CGC Universal:

5.0 (OW); Ihcomics (1)

CGC Restored:

7.0 (CRM/OW)--Extensive (P); AnkurJ (1)

0.5 (SB); Wayne-Tec (1)

Raw Copies:

buttock (1)

gadzukes (3)

A 2.5 with tape along the entire spine, with the cover re-attached with an extra staple sold for $39,000 -- considering this is a 3.5, and an well presenting 3.5 (possible 4.0 on resub) -- I don't think $43,000 is going to cut it with today's FMV.

(thumbs u

A 2.5 with tape along the entire spine, with the cover re-attached with an extra staple sold for $39,000 -- considering this is a 3.5, and an well presenting 3.5 -- I don't think $43,000 is going to cut it with today's FMV.

No doubt, but that book has really had a run up in fairly short period of time.

No doubt, but that book has really had a run up in fairly short period of time.

undervalued :sumo: first Batman App, first Sup, first Cap Edited by Junkdrawer

It is around $20k over a semi-recent sale of a similar copy. So, the price is a bit optimistic

It is around $20k over a semi-recent sale of a similar copy. So, the price is a bit optimistic

FMV is about $45k, so $43k was a fair offer...but minus the clink cut, they are left with $39k