• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frazetta, Wrightson, Jones, Smith, Adams, Ploog and more - Portfolio Madness

294 posts in this topic

I posted my other set of BWS's Fantastic Islands earlier. This is another set but this is what I call a proof set. It is signed differently as you can see on the first plate and is stamped with the Gorblimey embossed stamp on each plate. It also includes one additional plate. To be honest, I have no idea how many of these proof sets were released. It is pretty special to me.

BarrySmithFantasticIslandsProofSetEnvelope.jpg

Wow! :o

And this is the extra plate that is contained in the proof set.

BarrySmithFantasticIslandsProofSetProofPlate.jpg

JeffJonesWorldWithoutEndPlate4.jpg

Not sure the wife would appreciate having this piece framed and hung on the wall closest to the head end of the bed hm

Again, thanks for posting this great art - looking forward to more! (thumbs u

Not sure the wife would appreciate having this piece framed and hung on the wall closest to the head end of the bed hm

Again, thanks for posting this great art - looking forward to more! (thumbs u

Just my theory and I have not read it anywhere that I remember but I think Jones

painted the nude female figure as throughout her life she knew she should have been born as a female. Her transition late in life was extremely courageous as with any individual who is transgendered and transitions.

Her painting/artistic skills are incredible regardless of the subject though.