• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Life with Archie 36 is backorder at Diamond.

179 posts in this topic

I hit three LCSs today during lunch (2 hours after they opened)

LCS #1 had two left on the shelf, limiting 1 per customer. I landed a Hughes cover. Their other larger store called while I was there asking for some as they were sold out.

LCS #2 had plenty of regular covers on the shelf and had marked up the variants to $9.95 (Fracavilla and Hughes) and $14.95 (Allred). They were shorted on the Staples and had sold out. I snagged 3 Perez covers from them.

LCS #3 had 5 left at a limit of one per person and was pissed that he did not receive the Staples and Allred covers he ordered. He was not happy that he had pre-ordered X amount of each variant and gotten shorted - as he said, it is not like a 3D cover where they would have difficulty printing them. I snagged a Hughes variant.

I do have two sets of each cover waiting for me at my file LCS and ordered a couple more online from another LCS.

It's sad Larry got a strike. I would have liked to hear how his shop was doing on this book.

Yea amazing he got a strike, he's such a nice guy with nothing but love for the people of the CGC boards. Completely unexpected. I'm still crying as I know he would be telling us we are a bunch of individual_without_enough_empathys and he sold 5 pallets of life with archie

(shrug)

I went to the local shop at lunch. The shop was quiet and they had tons of this book with all of the variants. 15+ copies of all of them except the Staples which had 6 or so. I picked up one of the Staples copies, but there was no hubbub about the book in the shop.

(shrug)

I went to the local shop at lunch. The shop was quiet and they had tons of this book with all of the variants. 15+ copies of all of them except the Staples which had 6 or so. I picked up one of the Staples copies, but there was no hubbub about the book in the shop.

go back

I'm very curious what the situation will be at my shop. It's one of the biggest shops in New England, always busy, tons of subscribers. Yet, based on conversations I've had with workers there when I was placing orders for previous Archie variants, I believe I am the only one of their customers that has had Life with Archie on my pull list. I may be the only person with Archie on my pull list, period. I'm wondering if that will translate into a lot of copies being available, since there doesn't seem to be much interest in the title in my area. We'll see in a couple hours.

I'm very curious what the situation will be at my shop. It's one of the biggest shops in New England, always busy, tons of subscribers. Yet, based on conversations I've had with workers there when I was placing orders for previous Archie variants, I believe I am the only one of their customers that has had Life with Archie on my pull list. I may be the only person with Archie on my pull list, period. I'm wondering if that will translate into a lot of copies being available, since there doesn't seem to be much interest in the title in my area. We'll see in a couple hours.
if the store also ebays books and they are aware of what they are fetching on eBay, you could be very disappointed when you get there. No doubt there are those that are hitting up all the stores and cleaning them out.

LCS #2 had plenty of regular covers on the shelf and had marked up the variants to $9.95 (Fracavilla and Hughes) and $14.95 (Allred). They were shorted on the Staples and had sold out. I snagged 3 Perez covers from them.

Don't get the love for Allred, guess it's more how long he has been in the game.

Don't get the love for Allred, guess it's more how long he has been in the game.

I like him on his own characters and thats about it. His art has a flat cartoony look to it which fits a limited amount of material imo.

Was at the LCS when they opened, they had all of the covers except for the Staples variant, so looks they got shorted.

Picked up a couple Perez and Francavilla ones when visions of "Death Of Ultimate Spider-Man"and JLA Superman / Wonder Woman kissing cover, and the media attention surrounding those books, danced in my head.

Put 'em back on the shelf and didn't look back

I like him on his own characters and thats about it. His art has a flat cartoony look to it which fits a limited amount of material imo.

I love Allred's art. But I am not a big fan of this particular cover.

I love Allred's art. But I am not a big fan of this particular cover.

I actually liked his Madman books and his X-force 116-129 run but I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority. (shrug)

I love Archie, I collect Archie.

If anyone thinks this is a great short term flip, trade them for magic beans now!!

It's only worth the cover price, now and years from now.

The only one making money is Diamond and any other distributor who makes their slim profit margins selling to the comic shops and like who think they will be holding gold.

Not really. The creators are making money, Archie Comics is making money, dealers are making money and so are flippers.

My point is, wanna-be dealers that sell on this forum reading this aren't going to be making money.

Not really. The creators are making money, Archie Comics is making money, dealers are making money and so are flippers.

My point is, wanna-be dealers that sell on this forum reading this aren't going to be making money.

That's not what you said though. At all.

That's not what you said though. At all.

It's implied, and meant for those reading between the lines.

Subtle sarcasm is lost in the written word.

Yes, I was at my one of my LCS earlier this morning and saw tons of the covers by Perez, Francovilla, and Hughes. No copies of the other 2 covers with the owner saying that they would coming in next week. Talked with the owner for over half a hour and saw only 1 customer come in for any of these copies.

Went to another comic shop just after lunch and saw a ton of the same 3 covers again. Saw only 1 Allerd cover and decided to pick that one up. Both stores did not have the Staples cover, so I assume probably next week.

Any idea when the LWA #36 magazine version is supposed to be coming out or is this going to be the toughie to get since it is magazine size? ???