• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The "NEW" Official This Score Needs Fixing Thread (July 2014)

97 posts in this topic

Strange Tales 1-100 and Strange Tales 101-188 both contain

annuals 1 and 2. Annual #1 is pre-hero and annual #2 is hero.

Please remove annual #2 from Strange Tales 1-100.

Please remove annual #1 from Strange Tales 101-188.

Thanks,

Rosland

This needs correcting please:

Adventures of Superman 440 1145202008 9.6 0 Shop eBay

As you can see, my score (Adventures of Superman) for issue 440 9.6 SS is "zero."

Thanks!

Score on this issue is still "0".

• Administrator

Fixed!

If there are any other score errors (not updates) or sets that are really messed up please feel free to post here or PM me as I'm trying to clean things up a bit...

Hi Nicole,

Re: Superman/Batman set.

The Qualified scores for issues #1-10 appear to be much higher than they should be. If no one has any objections (supported with a valid reason), would it be possible to reduce these scores in line with the universal scores, please?

Thank you.

BW

Hi Gemma,

Please would you look into this score amendment? There have been no objections and I'm sure it's just an error. Having said that, I could always crack open one of my 9.8s, write on the front cover and send it in for +500 points... ;)

Thank you.

BW

Fixed!

If there are any other score errors (not updates) or sets that are really messed up please feel free to post here or PM me as I'm trying to clean things up a bit...

Does this mean you are back to being responsible for maintaining the registry?

• Administrator
Hi Nicole,

The Qualified scores for issues #1-10 appear to be much higher than they should be. If no one has any objections (supported with a valid reason), would it be possible to reduce these scores in line with the universal scores, please?

Thank you.

BW

Hi Gemma,

Please would you look into this score amendment? There have been no objections and I'm sure it's just an error. Having said that, I could always crack open one of my 9.8s, write on the front cover and send it in for +500 points... ;)

Thank you.

BW

I updated the ones I noticed, please let me know if I missed any or if your specific score did not update.

• Administrator
Fixed!

For the time being, when I can fit it in with grading. That being said, I have re-listed your pre-code horror books on my internal list for reconsideration of points per your messages above. (when I get a chance).

Fixed!

For the time being, when I can fit it in with grading. That being said, I have re-listed your pre-code horror books on my internal list for reconsideration of points per your messages above. (when I get a chance).

This is good news. I appreciate having you back.

This is probably as good a place as any to mention it, I have had trouble with the autobuild function for a few months. On larger sets, like Ultimate Spider-man or Thunderbolts, it does not work and I get an error message saying it was unable to complete the task.

Hi Nicole,

Thank you.

BW

Hi Gemma,

Thank you.

BW

I updated the ones I noticed, please let me know if I missed any or if your specific score did not update.

Hi Gemma,

Many thanks!

BW

Harveyfanatic

Collector

Just a quick change needed as the 1st Issue of Richie Rich & His Girlfriends appears in 3 set all giving the book 128pts except it is given 130pts in the set Richie Rich 1st Isuues. In the sets Richie Rich & His Girlfriends it's 128pts as well in the set Harvey Comics 1st Issues. All three I would assume should have the 128pt total. Thanks

Regarding the points currently on the Brave and the Bold 28, they probably need an upward adjustment of at least 3X- 4X.

Examples are across the Board.....

8.5 Last sale 45,504 Registry points 10,720

8.0 19,200 6,720

7.5 14,200 4,000

6.5 7,170 2,400

Thanks for listening.

from the mentioned list that will be reviewed, pre-Robin tecs in all grades and conditions (blue, purple and green ) should receive at least a 5X point increase based on their importance as well as their scarcity, availability and desirability. And that's not even to mention the astronomical prices they sell for in any grade and condition (blue, green or purple)

the current points attributed in all grades and conditions are simply not realistic.

examples:

tec 35 6.5 blue will sell for close to 60k. it has 6000 points attributed.

tec 35 6.5 ® purple went for 13k. it has 1260 points attributed.

tec 35 5.5 ® purple went for 8k. it 1008 points attributed.

tec 37 7.0 blue sold for 17k. a tec 37 8.5 blue sold privately for 25k

tec 37 7.5 ® purple for 4k

tec 34 3.5 blue just sold for 3.1k

the list is endless.

This set needs a minor fix:

Thanos Quest set:

These 2 different comic entries are in fact the same exact comic, but they are listed under 2 different slots in the set:

Thanos Quest 1 (2012)

and

Thanos Quest One Shot #nn.

They should be listed as only 1 entry in the set, 'Thanos Quest 1 One Shot #nn (2012)'.

Can this be fixed?

Thanks

There is an issue with the Saga registry (complete/no variants). It is letting me add Saga #1 retailer variant when this should not be allowed since this set is only supposed to be first prints.

For example, if you look at my registry, i have 65 points allocated for my 9.8 copy. A 9.8 copy should only be worth 32 points for a universal and 35 for a yellow label. please fix this.

Also, I think the Image First should not be included with this particular saga registry set since it is essentially a reprint of issue #1.

Gemma,

I think that a few of the Walking Dead issues need score increases. The issues that I'm referring to for consideration are:

Walking Dead #53 (1st Abraham, Eugene, & Rosita)

Walking Dead #61 (1st Father Gabriel)

Walking Dead #100 (Hero Initiative Edition)

Here is my rationale for each issue.

For Walking Dead #53, the past sales on eBay (since the character appearances on the show) have made this issue skyrocket in value (comparable almost to the prices that the 1st Governor - Issue 27 - sells for). This went from a $150 on average issue (blue label 9.8) to a now $250-$300 on average 9.8 sale (SS books go for $300-$400 on average. Here are some of the following completed sales prices from eBay:

Complete eBay sales of The Walking Dead #53

In my opinion, these issues should have point values earning somewhere around 180 to 200 points for a 9.8 universal copy

For Walking Dead #61, sales prices have risen drastically since the speculation (and confirmation) of Father Gabriel appearing on the upcoming season. Average sales prices range from $175 to $250. See the past sales prices below:

Walking Dead #61 CGC 9.8 recent sales

In my opinion, these issues should earn somewhere around 140 to 160 points for a 9.8 universal copy

For the Walking Dead #100 Hero Initiative Edition - well, let's just say that prices are through the roof (comparable in many cases to the sales of the #1 issues). The original sales prices can be found here:

Original Hero Initiative Auction Sales Prices

Those prices - depending on the cover artist - were crazy and all over the place (regardless of the grade of the book in many cases). Since then, I've seen sales on eBay go for $1100 to $2500 (and higher in some cases) for 9.8's. These issues should be, by far, the most valuable of the #100 covers (and currently they tie in points with the Lucille edition but are less than the Red Foil edition). In my opinion, these issues should have point values higher than both the Lucille and Red Foil edition issues, earning somewhere around 800 to 1000 points for a 9.8 universal copy (a little less than the #1 but definitely close to the point range that the #1 commands). There isn't much in the range of past sales (at least on eBay) from recent months but if you have access to the past sales over the course of the year you can see the rationale for increasing the point value for this issue (point of reference - I'm not taking into account the 'leaked' unsigned graded copies of this issue - I'm only considering the legitimately graded CGC sales for this issue in my rationale).

Walking Dead #100 Hero Initiative Edition recent sales

For what it's worth there are other Walking Dead issues that should command more points than they currently do but in my opinion it is these three issues that need the most important revisions to their point values.

Thank you for the consideration - I hope that my rationale provides the necessary information for the possibility of their increases. I appreciate all your help with the registry and making this fun for us Walking Dead fans! :applause:

Ryan

This set needs a minor fix:

Thanos Quest set:

These 2 different comic entries are in fact the same exact comic, but they are listed under 2 different slots in the set:

Thanos Quest 1 (2012)

and

Thanos Quest One Shot #nn.

They should be listed as only 1 entry in the set, 'Thanos Quest 1 One Shot #nn (2012)'.

Can this be fixed?

Thanks

So why the different notation from CGC? One is 9/12 the other 11/12. 2nd printing perhaps? (shrug)

Gemma-

Thanks for the Thanos Quest set fix-

Was looking at the top 5 members collections of that set, and it seems that in the slots for #1, #1 (second print), #2, #2 (second print), of some members have different scores for the same grade, and some do not match the score listed in the Set Score Detail. Not sure if this type of issue is in other sets as well. Can this be fixed?

Thanks

Mad Titan-

Cool picture. I checked out Thanos Quest (2012 reprint), and it seems that was printed 11/2012.