• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone collect Original TMNT Playmates Action Figures/Toys?

18 posts in this topic

Note to the 'mods' this is comic book related, please kindly keep this in comics general as a result. I would like to know how many of my fellow comic book collectors also collect Ninja Turtle toys.

Hello All,

Anyone else here collect the original Playmates TMNT action figure and toy line? I collect them and have noticed prices rising steady for this stuff especially AFA graded.

Are there any forums devoted to these toys? Any online checklists?

Check the Technodrome forum for more of a dedicated TMNT collector base.

I'm not much of an action figure collector, per se, but I do have all 4 turtles, Shredder and Usagi Yojimbo originals still in their packaging (or "MOC" as the kids say).

Part of me wants a set but there's so many toys I'd like if I were to get started I think before I knew it I'd have a giant wall of toys, and that just wouldn't fit with my decor so I don't start. No point in buying them if you're going to hide them away IMO. I have eight NECA Turtles and that's all the toys I'm likely to own.

Check the Technodrome forum for more of a dedicated TMNT collector base.

I'm not much of an action figure collector, per se, but I do have all 4 turtles, Shredder and Usagi Yojimbo originals still in their packaging (or "MOC" as the kids say).

Usagi was one of my favorites, so I have multiples that one, but I have a few of the originals. My lcs had some great big playsets in, techno was one.

I used to have nearly 60 or 70 MOC original Turtles figures. Now I'm down to just 9 of the original 10 (minus Donatello) with fan club flyers and soft heads. I sold a good portion of them a couple of years ago and put the money towards a TMNT #1, 1st printing, which was a grail of mine for a very long time.

One of my biggest blunders ever was selling my MOC "Scratch" for $250 six years ago..a figure which regularly now goes for over $1k.

They are very fun to collect but you're right, the prices are rising now. I don't think I'll get back into it any time soon, at least not the MOC ones (nowhere to display them anyway).

I have a ton in a box that I've been meaning to unload. Only one MOC and it's from ~2003 or so, but I have a lot of the old ones. I picked them up whenever I found them in the toy bins at Goodwill. Got all 4 of the mutating turtles, a couple of the pizza tossing, etc.

Me and all of my buddies LOVED the heroes in half shells growing up...we had TMNT everything!! I was born in 83'

When I was younger those and a few comics were the only presents I ever asked for and my folks spoiled us with em :) I had every single turtle and other mutated creature/thing you could think of including the blimp/pizza thrower/technodrome!! from Krangs Android body to MutagenMan I had em' all and Loved em'...I think for at least 4 years they were really cool then they started making crazy spin-offs of all the guys like movie star Mike and Leo the Wolfman and you couldn't keep up so I would just get the guys that had some originality to them...I believe Antrax (I think) was one of the last ones I got but he was pretty darn cool...

Anyways when I got older I had 2 huge boxes of these guys and one day my Mom asked me if she could give them away to one of her friends sons and I said go ahead in hopes he would find as much joy in them as I did...no regrets but it would be pretty nostalgic to go through those boxes just once even if just to see if that pie tosser could still wing those little plastic pizzas all over the room lol that thing was sweet!!

I have the entire fist set with the club cards in them. They were the first toys I ever bought and didn't open. I hung them on my wall though and the cards have some fading. The April us the early first edition with out the blue stripe.

Part of me wants a set but there's so many toys I'd like if I were to get started I think before I knew it I'd have a giant wall of toys, and that just wouldn't fit with my decor so I don't start. No point in buying them if you're going to hide them away IMO. I have eight NECA Turtles and that's all the toys I'm likely to own.

+1

Recently I have been eye-balling a Slash and Metalhead MOC.

I'd like to have those along with the turtles, shredder, splinter, beebop & rocksteady.

But then what? When will it end? Where would I display?

I really dont have room or the funds to start another hobby...

Note to the 'mods' this is comic book related, please kindly keep this in comics general as a result. I would like to know how many of my fellow comic book collectors also collect Ninja Turtle toys.

Hello All,

Anyone else here collect the original Playmates TMNT action figure and toy line? I collect them and have noticed prices rising steady for this stuff especially AFA graded.

Are there any forums devoted to these toys? Any online checklists?

They seem to be in demand like the Star Wars 12 backs.