• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did Lucy disappoint?

37 posts in this topic

Not sure how this could disappoint

1.jpg

A new Gwen Stacey? :idea:

She's so hot I could watch her do just that for two hours,and be completely happy walking out of the theather. :luhv:

+1

But as for the movie, 1st half great but then it goes downhill. Possibly the worst ending I can recall for a movie :sick:

I just saw the movies yesterday, one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I can suspend my disbelief for a lot a movies and set the proper expectations but this movie had such poor writing , direction and acting at times. Uggghh. It could have been easily so much more.

Not sure how this could disappoint

1.jpg

A new Gwen Stacey? :idea:

She's so hot I could watch her do just that for two hours,and be completely happy walking out of the theather. :luhv:

+1

But as for the movie, 1st half great but then it goes downhill. Possibly the worst ending I can recall for a movie :sick:

Was it worse than the ending of Terminator: Salvation? hm

Wow this was brutal... saw it last night.. wife had a coupon that my daughter got for her birthday... we didnt tell her of course.. lol... think she has another one anyway...

but yea this was a stinker...the ending was so bad ... she just walked around talking like a robot ... I was laughing in the Theatre

my wife and i saw it last night think it was only 1hr 25min or so because it couldn't have fizzled any more at the end 2 stars of 4 for me.....fortunately i had some show tickets that had been given to me...wait till it is up at the cheap shows (figure in about 2 weeks)......

Wow this was brutal... saw it last night.. wife had a coupon that my daughter got for her birthday... we didnt tell her of course.. lol... think she has another one anyway...

but yea this was a stinker...the ending was so bad ... she just walked around talking like a robot ... I was laughing in the Theatre

I think some people have different interpretations of the intention. Generally, as one gets more brilliant, they are often depicted as more calculating, dispassionate, and cold (i.e. less human -- more machine like). I don't think it was bad acting, rather than the intention of the director/writers.

I would be more surprised if she ran around screaming like a banshee; but that's just me.

I really liked it a lot, and guess I'm in the minority here. Guess I'm just a big fan of matrix/sci-fi transcendence like material. The end special effects were worth seeing on the big screen alone, IMO.

I was hoping that when she arrived at the singularity or beginning of earth; she would encounter alien visitors as a prelude to part 2.

The odd thing is lots of people liked three days to kill, while I haven't been a fan of beson's more recent work. I liked the sci-fi bent on this one.

It looks like every futuristic, superhuman cliche from every movie made on the subject was crammed into it, with WAY overused super slo-mo bullet-time CGI with the stereotypical I'm-A-Super-Smart-Scientist-That-Knows-The-Outcome-Before-All-The-Dullards-And-I-Speak-Really-Slow-To-Emphasize-How-Important-The-Situation-Is character spewing out exposition made the trailer to this film practically unwatchable.

This film just looks incredibly bad, which is a surprise given the names attached to it (Luc Besson included). Like 'Catwoman' bad. Great actress, really horribly bad film. If it's getting bad reviews, that's not much of a surprise. It sounds as if the poor folks who went to see it also think it's a stinker.