• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool test footage

1,341 posts in this topic

So how R rated is it....a lot of sex or just language and violence

Wade Wilson riding Vanessa every which way they can, where at one point you see her riding him naked. Also, a few nude scenes of Ryan Reynolds (some women cheered out loud with these). And loads of cursing throughout, along with hardcore kill scenes (e.g. bullets through heads like seen in the trailers).

Any parent who takes a child to this movie is taking their child to a larger-than-life digital quality full nudity strip club. The strip club scene has more nudity than the Wade and Vanessa scenes.

12-14 year olds are really wanting to see this movie...it's all the kids at my sons middle school are talking about....I guess there's normal R and then there's Deadpool which will make it beyond their reach. I guess if they had made it tamer to get a younger audience then it wouldn't be the success it seems to be.

My 19 year old niece too her 11 year old brother and 9 year old sister - they all love it and texting me about where Deadpool came from.

9 to 11 year old kids inside a strip club... not sure it happens legally except when they get someone to let them watch Deadpool. :facepalm:

The youngest's favorite tv show is Game of Thrones lol.

Google invited Ryan Reynolds to come share with its employees the experience of developing Deadpool.

It turns out to be a very interesting session. It sounds like the person that was holding Deadpool back from being developed may have been Channing Tatum's cheerleader (Lauren Shuler Donner).

Saw it with my 15 year old tonight. We both enjoyed it.

I would take anyone younger then 14 and that would be pushing it.

I didn't think Stan would be in this one, but there he was.

While it wasn't a home run, I enjoyed it for what it was.

Most honest reviewers say the same. Its not trying to recreate any movie theme just tell a fun story. The beginning credits are hilarious as well as the ending.

One of the things that I thought was cool and original is the small detail of the eyes...

The white "comic book" styled eyes through a mask really worked with both DP and Colossus. I liked how the eyes were kind of like CGI and would widen with the way a normal would.

It was a cool effect that added another dimension to the style to me.

:applause:

Mrs Hado and I both really enjoyed it.

I was surprised there was a woman who had to be almost 60 sitting behind us, laughing her off at every raunchy joke. Her laugh was contagious, and eventually the whole theatre was pretty loose and there was a rather large applause at the end.

Just saw it. Really liked it. Thought it would be Van Wilder Plays Deadpool but was pleasantly surprised. RR sold it for me.

Two thoughts:

Fox really hit a homerun with this one so I don't think they will be selling back or partnering with Disney anytime soon but...

that blue liquid that is supposed to help activate any latent mutant genes looks and sounds an awful lot like the alien blood and blue crystals used by the inhumans on Marvel's agents of shield. I'm not holding my breath, just sayin...

Awesome.

Full theatre, with queues for the next showing!

Very, very funny, Reynolds Tackle, Morena topless, smack and splatt - priceless.

Loads of Easter Eggs.

When Stan pimped onto the screen, widespread applause broke out.

I hope there is an extra naughty DVD release - got to be some funny stuff they DIDN'T get past the censors.

9/10

Go see it - leave the kids at home (unlike the couple 3 rows in front with their 7 yr old daughter... :facepalm: )

"Hey Agent Smith, there's a school 500 yrds away. You might have to go out the back"

With the success of a R rated Superhero movie, maybe there's a chance of the Miracleman story being made now that Marvel has all the rights?

I always wanted to see a full on true to source material Wolverine Weapon X the perfect blend of sci-if horror which would be even work as as a Netflix mini series. After seeing this it appears it could be done but would still

be doubtful.

So what are the best R rated comic movies???

My top ten:

1. Sin City

2. Deadpool

3. The Crow

4. Watchmen

5. Kick-

6. V for Vendetta

7. Darkman

8. Blade

9. 300

10. Punisher - 2004

you had me until you said Watchmen

Really because the Watchmen movie is actually better than the comic. The alien part they completely removed from the movie is absolutely stupid. My friend loves the movie but has had my TPB for 3 years and is only half way done. Also, Moore did nothing to back up the fact that Ozzy needed to live to unite the world in the epilogue which is just lazy.

What a difference Fox is experiencing with its superhero franchise between last year and now.

BOX OFFICE MOJO: Deadpool set to break movie records

Deadpool brought in an estimated $47.5 million on Friday and an "A" CinemaScore. That's the largest Friday ever in February, besting Fifty Shades of Grey's $30.2 million Friday last year by a whopping $17.3 million. Projections now have the film opening with $110-116 million for the three-day weekend and possibly as much as $130 million for the four-day, both of which would obviously be records. Here's another look at the records Deadpool is looking to break:

• Largest February Opening Weekend: $85.1 MM (Fifty Shades of Grey)
  • Largest 4-Day President's Day Weekend: $93 MM (Fifty Shades of Grey)
  • Largest R-Rated Opening Weekend: $91.7 MM (The Matrix Reloaded)
  • Largest R-Rated Comic Adaptation Opening Weekend: $70.8 MM (300)
  • Largest Winter Season Opening Weekend: $89.2 MM (American Sniper)
  • Largest Opening Ever for 20th Century Fox: $108.4 MM (Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith)

Box Office: Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool' Earns Record $47.5M Friday for Massive $130M Debut

Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool earned a record $47.5 million on Friday, putting in course for an estimated three-day gross of $117 million and a stunning four-day haul of $130 million over the long Valentine's Day/Presidents Day weekend — among the top 10 comic book openings of all time and the biggest ever for an R-rated title. (Only 10 superhero movies have crossed $100 million in any given three-day weekend.)

In terms of comic book openings, Deadpool looks to share rarefied air and place No. 8 behind the two The Avengers movies, Iron Man 3, the last two Dark Knight films, Spider-Man 3 and Iron Man 2. Those it stands to beat include Man of Steel, Spider-Man, X-Men: The Last Stand, Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

Blade and Punisher were the first R-rated Marvel branded films.

Just saw it. Really liked it. Thought it would be Van Wilder Plays Deadpool but was pleasantly surprised. RR sold it for me.

Two thoughts:

Fox really hit a homerun with this one so I don't think they will be selling back or partnering with Disney anytime soon but...

that blue liquid that is supposed to help activate any latent mutant genes looks and sounds an awful lot like the alien blood and blue crystals used by the inhumans on Marvel's agents of shield. I'm not holding my breath, just sayin...

While i'd never say never, the likelihood of even a small Sony/Spider-Man /Civil War like agreement is very distant. Fox and Disney have a very strained relationship.

While i'd never say never, the likelihood of even a small Sony/Spider-Man /Civil War like agreement is very distant. Fox and Disney have a very strained relationship.

Feige has had positive things to say about Fox when it comes to its X-Men franchise.

What Did Marvel's Kevin Feige Think of Fox's X-Men Days of Future Past?

Feige spoke to Empire Magazine and revealed he has been thinking quite a bit about Bryan Singer's movie. "I've been thinking about Days of Future Past a lot, which I had nothing to do with, in terms of the resurrection of a franchise. I think they did a very good job with that."

Where there may have been hard feelings previously due to the Daredevil/Galactus/Silver Surfer situation back in 2012-2013, Fox may feel differently in working with Kevin Feige now that he has a new reporting structure into the Disney CEO. Anything could happen now.

Kevin Feige on Multi-Studio Marvel Crossover: 'Never Say Never'

"I would say, not anytime soon would we be in a position to team up with other studios who [have] a few of our characters, because we have so many characters ourselves," Feige continued, before adding "I would never say never."

:wishluck:

This movie was amazing...

Also, the directer has stated there will not be a director's cut.

http://comicbook.com/2016/02/13/deadpool-will-not-get-a-directors-cut/

I saw the video where Tim Miller made this statement. He said there will not be a director's cut because you are seeing exactly what he wanted it to be.