• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool test footage

1,341 posts in this topic

So...to be clear:

In its first four days, Deadpool will make more money domestically than X-Men - First Class did in its entire domestic run.

And on 1/3 the budget.

ultimately will best every X-Men movie; will also blow by the Marvel juggernauts: Thor 1 & 2, every Hulk movie, Cap 1 & 2 and Sony's ASM 1 & 2. even a terrible multiple of first weekend will get it close to both IM 1 & 2.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres/chart/?id=superhero.htm

While the budget for the movie was low, it was BY FAR the best marketed of all the X-Men movies. It can be somewhat of an illusion... where the marketing was this good... and it makes you think the marketing budget was huge. In fact it might have been on par with First Class and Days of Future Past, but it was so memorable you noticed it more.

While the budget for the movie was low, it was BY FAR the best marketed of all the X-Men movies. It can be somewhat of an illusion... where the marketing was this good... and it makes you think the marketing budget was huge. In fact it might have been on par with First Class and Days of Future Past, but it was so memorable you noticed it more.

Best marketed X-Men movie? How about THE most creative and engaging comic book marketing ever?

Like has been mentioned by Ryan Reynolds, the marketing is actually an extensive of the movie. Like mini prequels building you up to a final movie with all those crazy spots. It was incredible!

yFW8lDd.png

QAigVUn.png

A superhero movie far exceeding profitability within its first weekend is amazingly impressive. And sure, this movie had a low budget. But it also had much lower opening expectations.

What a success story!

:applause:

Best marketed X-Men movie? How about THE most creative and engaging comic book marketing ever?

Like has been mentioned by Ryan Reynolds, the marketing is actually an extensive of the movie. Like mini prequels building you up to a final movie with all those crazy spots. It was incredible!

Believe me...I loved every minute of the marketing efforts. But I'm looking at this from the prospective of someone with a lot of years in marketing (sports, though, not movies).... and what they did here wouldn't have worked for anything else, you know? They did it 100% right, for Deadpool. But while it wasn't as flashy? The marketing job for Guardians of the Galaxy... which you may or may not have remember or noticed.. was phenomenal. I mean selling that movie was a magic trick.

So yeah, this is one of the best ever. No doubt. What makes it unique is you can tell just how star driven it was. I mean, this is Ryan Reynolds. This isn't the studio. That's what made it fun. I hope the BR has all the marketing shorts

Never read a Deadpool comic but I'm interested in seeing this. My young kids want to see it too. I've never restricted them too much growing up with R rated movies unless it's gratuitous sex.

Hmm... Sex is definitely a huge element of several scenes. Full nudity at parts, and LOTS of sex talk. hm

Fox should rerelease the movie after its initial run under a pg-13 rating and remove the sex scenes

No, no they shouldn't.

Deadpool works as it is. No change should be considered.

The kids will have to wait (or torrent it like 95% of them will)

Next one to be R rated as well please!

Fox should rerelease the movie after its initial run under a pg-13 rating and remove the sex scenes

No, no they shouldn't.

Deadpool works as it is. No change should be considered.

The kids will have to wait (or torrent it like 95% of them will)

Next one to be R rated as well please!

Can't make money on the torrent, can't make if people buy tickets to other shows and sneak in.

Mrs. Jive and I caught the movie at an IMAX with another couple. All of us thought it was excellent, well-written, and had no significant gripes whatsoever. The fact it was made with what is a shoe-string budget for the genre is a real testament to Reynolds, Miller, and everyone else who poured their heart into the project, because it really showed. I guess they probably feel a little well deserved vindication this morning.

The scene with Deadpool assaulting Colossus was hilarious, and probably one of the funniest things I've scene in a movie...like...ever.

Very enjoyable movie all around, and definitely one that rivals Iron Man and Cap: Winter Soldier as one of the best in the genre.

yFW8lDd.png

QAigVUn.png

A superhero movie far exceeding profitability within its first weekend is amazingly impressive. And sure, this movie had a low budget. But it also had much lower opening expectations.

What a success story!

:applause:

This chart is insane!

I know the low budget has a lot to do with it, but for Deadpool to have a better revenue ratio in one weekend than all the other "X" movies over their entire release schedule blows me away.

I wouldn't be surprised if they re-release it for a couple weeks before it's Blu Ray release in a "tamer" edition, like they used to with movies like "Saturday Night Fever" (Granted they didn't soften T2 in '91 though or Scream in '96). Comic Book movies are the hottest properties for teens right now and the filmmakers literally shut out that potential audience.

This chart is insane!

I know the low budget has a lot to do with it, but for Deadpool to have a better revenue ratio in one weekend than all the other "X" movies over their entire release schedule blows me away.

I checked my data a few times to make sure I had it right. With that extremely low budget, such massive results force it to jump out rather easy.

When I sort by Revenue Ration across all 45 Marvel-based movies from 1986 to 2016, Deadpool ends up in the Top 7 already. The next movie above it is Guardians of the Galaxy, which by next week it will probably bump out of the #6 spot.

yFDbYuQ.png

Even more amazing, Deadpool is the only Fox superhero property that places in the Top 10 based on Revenue Ratio.

:o

Anyone get this to work on Facebook?

Deadpool 360 degree marketing gift

Here's their latest offering, a cool 360-degree video with multiple Deadpools in a pub. Pan in any direction to see all of them acting goofy: one is cutting fruit garnishes with a sword, one is scratching his butt and preparing to relieve himself, one is dancing on the bartop, one is shooting pool, one is passed-out drunk, and... you can have fun spotting the rest.

If this Fox Marketing team doesn't win an award or three, there is no justice!

By next weekend?

Try by Wednesday. Deadpool only needs $13 million more worldwide to best Guardians' final revenue multiple.

I was trying to break it lightly to those that will swear this movie in no way financially could surpass Guardians.

:sorry:

Saw it yesterday and thought it was good but not great - solid B- grade. I'm not a big fan of the comic book so it suffered from the same stuff that turns me off in the books - over the top jokes that get old quick. I laughed a bunch in the beginning but by the time the blind old lady came into the picture I was secretly wanting to check my cell phone. I've seen Guardians of the Galaxy 3 times and will probably see it again but Deadpool was definitely a once and done kind of flick. I'd put this movie in line with the 2nd Iron Man movie.