• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool test footage

1,341 posts in this topic

Deadpool Hits $47.5 Million Opening Day Box Office, Projected For $130 Million Plus Holiday Weekend

Deadpool brought in a $12.7 million during a Thursday night preview showing, setting a new record for both a R-Rated film and a February release. On Friday, Deadpool added to those numbers, bringing its opening day box office to a staggering $47.5 million.

Friday's haul set a new opening day box office record for an R-rated film and for February, and the odds are good that it will break the same records for opening weekend. To do that, it beat the $30 million Fridays for both Fifty Shades of Grey and American Sniper, obviously by a substantial margin.

With the better than predicted opening day, opening weekend projections for Deadpool are being revised way up. Early industry projections had Deadpool pegged at a $65 million to $70 million opening weekend. The idea of a R-Rated film breaking $100 million on opening weekend was inconceivable to many box office analysts.

Now, projections have Deadpool possibly exceeding $115 million during the 3-day weekend and hitting around $130 million over the 4-day holiday weekend.

:whee:

I wonder what this will go for.

First Deadpool Preliminary Cover Art Up For Auction

s-l1600-169595.jpg

It's a prelim sketch of the cover of New Mutants #98, Deadpool's first appearance. It's signed at the bottom of the page by Deadpool co-creator Rob Liefeld and dated from 1991.

It's currently listed for over $18,000 with no bids, but several people watching. Liefeld even tweeted out that he wanted to buy it back early Friday morning.

New Mutants 98 1st Deadpool Original Preliminary Cover Art OOAK Rob Liefeld ($18.3K BUY NOW)

It caught Rob Liefeld's attention.

Xl5Ig8N.png

So how R rated is it....a lot of sex or just language and violence

Wade Wilson riding Vanessa every which way they can, where at one point you see her riding him naked. Also, a few nude scenes of Ryan Reynolds (some women cheered out loud with these). And loads of cursing throughout, along with hardcore kill scenes (e.g. bullets through heads like seen in the trailers).

Any parent who takes a child to this movie is taking their child to a larger-than-life digital quality full nudity strip club. The strip club scene has more nudity than the Wade and Vanessa scenes.

Box Office: Ryan Reynolds' 'Deadpool' on Fire Friday, Now Headed for $100M-Plus Debut

Deadpool is proving an even bigger victory than expected for Reynolds and Fox. Tracking had suggested the irreverent superhero movie — one of the rare Marvel comic book movies to be rated R — would open to $65 million or $70 million over the long holiday weekend. Throughout Friday, projections kept being revised upwards as grosses came pouring in.

Fox is remaining conservative, putting the movie's three-day weekend in the vicinity of Guardians of the Galaxy ($94.3 million) and Captain America: The Winter Soldier ($95 million). Rival studios, however, are predicting that Deadpool will cross $100 million for the three-days alone, becoming only the 11th comic book movie to achieve that feat. And it's likely to score the top three-day R-rated opening of all time.

Ahead of Marvel's Ant-Man with half the budget!

:o

Not surprising. Deadpool has a much better lead actor and Ant-Man is a lame character to begin with.

So what are the best R rated comic movies???

My top ten:

1. Sin City

2. Deadpool

3. The Crow

4. Watchmen

5. Kick-

6. V for Vendetta

7. Darkman

8. Blade

9. 300

10. Punisher - 2004

History of Violence, Blue Is the Warmest Color (which might be more than R actually), From Hell, and The Road to Perdition.

Deadpool is the funnest sit for me. I like SIn CIty but that movie, I've found, is not one I go back to.

Wade Wilson riding Vanessa every which way they can, where at one point you see her riding him naked. Also, a few nude scenes of Ryan Reynolds (some women cheered out loud with these). And loads of cursing throughout, along with hardcore kill scenes (e.g. bullets through heads like seen in the trailers).

Any parent who takes a child to this movie is taking their child to a larger-than-life digital quality full nudity strip club. The strip club scene has more nudity than the Wade and Vanessa scenes.

12-14 year olds are really wanting to see this movie...it's all the kids at my sons middle school are talking about....I guess there's normal R and then there's Deadpool which will make it beyond their reach. I guess if they had made it tamer to get a younger audience then it wouldn't be the success it seems to be.

1) Deadpool had a better opening day than any X-Men movie.

2) Favorite R-rated comic book movies?

1) Old Boy (the original)

2) Blade 2

3) History of Violence

oh yeah, Old Boy might be the top.

If including Anime, I'd put forth Akira.

12-14 year olds are really wanting to see this movie...it's all the kids at my sons middle school are talking about....I guess there's normal R and then there's Deadpool which will make it beyond their reach. I guess if they had made it tamer to get a younger audience then it wouldn't be the success it seems to be.

My 19 year old niece too her 11 year old brother and 9 year old sister - they all love it and texting me about where Deadpool came from.

So what are the best R rated comic movies???

My top ten:

1. Sin City

2. Deadpool

3. The Crow

4. Watchmen

5. Kick-

6. V for Vendetta

7. Darkman

8. Blade

9. 300

10. Punisher - 2004

you had me until you said Watchmen

My 19 year old niece too her 11 year old brother and 9 year old sister - they all love it and texting me about where Deadpool came from.

9 to 11 year old kids inside a strip club... not sure it happens legally except when they get someone to let them watch Deadpool. :facepalm: