• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deadpool test footage

1,341 posts in this topic

Gina didn't look like that before or I must have not kept up with her but she looked as big as colossus.

Mabybe. Last time I saw her I think was in Fast 6 where I thought she looked plain/butch when standing next to Wonder Woman :cloud9:

I thought that was the gear she had on. Maybe I'm still thinking of her from Haywire

giphy.gif

Her face is much fatter in Fast than that gif you posted. Also, I think she shared a lot of scenes The Rock, which might have made her look smaller because that dude is a giant.

I thought that was the gear she had on. Maybe I'm still thinking of her from Haywire

giphy.gif

Her face is much fatter in Fast than that gif you posted. Also, I think she shared a lot of scenes The Rock, which might have made her look smaller because that dude is a giant.

Gina. :luhv:

Here's a giant non-spoiler:

DON"T TAKE YOUR KIDS LESS THAN, AT LEAST, 14 TO THIS MOVIE. I couldn't believe the young kids I saw in this movie. I knew going in it would be a hard R movie and didn't even think about taking any children.

Oh somebody please think of the children!

I loved the movie but could no way in conscience let my kids see it. Too much sex...

If they want to watch it, they are going to have download a torrent.... :sorry:

Saw this Saturday night. I enjoyed it, but I think it was overhyped just for the fact that it was Deadpool. The jokes were hit and miss, and I feel like I was the only one in the theater laughing at the good ones. (Ex. The "Are you there God? It's me Margaret" line).

I also feel like the quality of the movie just slowly kept getting lower and lower. I mean the first ~20 minutes were great, but by the end it seemed like they had run out of ideas for the action scenes. Too generic of a villain that was underdeveloped. Also, the revenge plot was pretty basic which I guess you could expect from Deadpool.

The majority of the times that the fourth wall was broken was great.

Overall, I'd give it about an 8 out of 10. While it was good, it didn't meet my expectations.

IMO, Guardians of the Galaxy was a MUCH funnier movie than Deadpool, but this ended up being a hit for Fox and just may change the comic movie dynamics.

Marvel's Joe Quesada Congratulates Fox On Deadpool's Success

"Congrats to Fox and everyone involved especially Deadpool’s daddies, Fabian Nicieza and Rob Liefeld as well as all the great creators like Joe Kelly and Ed McGuinness who have made him the man or whatever he is today," wrote Quesada in a post on his Tumblr. "And a special shout out to Director Tim Miller who’s [sic] love for comics is truly resonating with movie goers."

There's been a lot of talk about the sometimes-taxed relationship between Marvel and their partners at Fox, but with the massive success of Deadpool and a line of X-Men toys shown off at Toy Fair in New York last weekend, it seems things are cozier than they've been in a while.

Marvel/Disney would be nuts to blow off any merchandising opportunity from this movie. It sounds like at least the action figures are happening.

Our work on Deadpool from X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE has generated the most responses of dissatisfaction among you X-Men fans. We hear you. But let's all take a minute to hear what it takes to get characters on screen. In the end you may still not love this version of Deadpool, but you'll see how it came to be.

That's from Studio ADI, who provided the creature effects, so at the end of the day it wasn't really their fault that the Merc With a Mouth ended up...well, mouth-less. But they took some time out to explain how they came to it in the video you can see above.

Saying that it's more than just the producers or the filmmakers -- it's also Marvel, licensors and many others who play a role in crafting a movie like X-Men Origins, the video (originally released in 2013, but circulating again now) admits openly "this is not that character," and said it was the studio setting up Deadpool for later.

Based on the post-credits scene...

Ryan Reynolds' Merc with a Mouth revealed that the popular X-Men/X-Force character Nathan Summers a.k.a. Cable, son of Scott Summers & Madelyne Pryor, would be making his big-screen debut in the now highly-anticipated sequel. He even offered a few suggestions on who could play the part with Mel Gibson & Dolph Lundgren being the first two names out of his mouth, but then he really brought the house down with his third suggestion - Keira Knightley.

CbJjVSFUYAA8yN5.jpg

1 - Gina Carano looked a little butchy (hefty) didn't she?

Yes, she had quite a bit of weight on her. You could see it through her entire face, body, boobs. They probably asked her to do that...it was already unbelievable enough that someone of relatively normal proportions could face off against a metal giant like Colossus.

Based on the post-credits scene...

Ryan Reynolds' Merc with a Mouth revealed that the popular X-Men/X-Force character Nathan Summers a.k.a. Cable, son of Scott Summers & Madelyne Pryor, would be making his big-screen debut in the now highly-anticipated sequel. He even offered a few suggestions on who could play the part with Mel Gibson & Dolph Lundgren being the first two names out of his mouth, but then he really brought the house down with his third suggestion - Keira Knightley.

CbJjVSFUYAA8yN5.jpg

I would _love_ this.

Also, it'd be funny watching the fanboys flip-out. You thought a black Johnny Storm was bad? Hahaha...

I'm never mad on any occasion Keira Knightley showing up. I'm a big Cable fan, but I have zero hangups that a lot of people do when it comes to mixing it up, be it sex or race.

My only questions on race/sex changes are "are core aspects of the character altered significantly by changing this?" and "does this change create an unnecessary narrative issue that you have to waste story-time on explaining?". If the answer is "no", then go for it. If the answer is "yes", then maybe don't make that change. And I don't think a Keira Knightley Cable would answer "yes" to either of those questions. So go for it.

1 - Gina Carano looked a little butchy (hefty) didn't she?

Yes, she had quite a bit of weight on her. You could see it through her entire face, body, boobs. They probably asked her to do that...it was already unbelievable enough that someone of relatively normal proportions could face off against a metal giant like Colossus.

When she was fighting in the octagon she always struggled with making weight.

I'm never mad on any occasion Keira Knightley showing up. I'm a big Cable fan, but I have zero hangups that a lot of people do when it comes to mixing it up, be it sex or race.

My only questions on race/sex changes are "are core aspects of the character altered significantly by changing this?" and "does this change create an unnecessary narrative issue that you have to waste story-time on explaining?". If the answer is "no", then go for it. If the answer is "yes", then maybe don't make that change. And I don't think a Keira Knightley Cable would answer "yes" to either of those questions. So go for it.

I definitely agree with the logic and would understand if they made that call, but I would still be disappointed. I have a vision in my head of how Cable would be onscreen and that is as a guy, but that's just a personal hangup and I'm sure a good female actor would pull it off excellently if they go that route. (thumbs u