• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Picks for Most Underrated Horror Movies

536 posts in this topic

Trick r Treat

The Return of the Living Dead

+1

Very underrated, and ROTLD introduced zombies eating brains AND the fast zombies. I'm always surprised this movie is so overlooked by a large portion of the zombie crowd. For me, it's one of the foundations of the zombie culture.

Plus...TARMAN.

Tarman? Who's that? lol

2da5a3748b955cce4ccbe7acf8ef911f_zps4b91e72b.jpg[/img]

AWESOME!

(worship)

hell yeah ROTLD gets my vote!

(worship)

Under rated nature gone wild movies:

Food of the Gods

Dogs

Kingdom of the Spiders

Squirm

Food of the Gods freaked me out as a kid. Those giant wasps gave me nightmares.

That guys face that got stung, got me as a kid too.

Have you ever seen Food of the Gods II, the really cheap Canadian sequel that only had giant rats? I grew up in a town right on Lake Ontario and we'd get Canadian television and it was on a lot on late Friday nights.

Under rated nature gone wild movies:

Food of the Gods

Dogs

Kingdom of the Spiders

Squirm

Food of the Gods freaked me out as a kid. Those giant wasps gave me nightmares.

That guys face that got stung, got me as a kid too.

Have you ever seen Food of the Gods II, the really cheap Canadian sequel that only had giant rats? I grew up in a town right on Lake Ontario and we'd get Canadian television and it was on a lot on late Friday nights.

Haven't, will have to check it out

As far as John Carpenter goes, I have a very soft spot for Big Trouble in Little China, which I watched on a constant loop with Ghostbusters as a little kid. When I got older, I was always partial to his film, Prince of Darkness. Scared the heck out of me back then.

Session 9 is awesome. One of the best horror films of the 2000's. The setting and sound design of that film get under my skin in big ways.
Shame Danvers State Hosptal is gone, always thought it would be incredible to go check it out.

There's a lot of underrated Horror films. Phantasm II definitely leaps to mind. The first is a classic and gets mentioned a fair amount, but people are usually quiet about the second one which I think is a shame because to me it's easily the best of the series. I can't wait for the fifth one.

If they ever make Phantasm 5. I have been hearing rumors over the last few years and still nothing. People will at least know what username means now lol