• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC & Marvel movie road ahead - 2015 to 2020
1 1

548 posts in this topic

This weekend is so slow, it's a $10 MM drop from the previous weekend on overall box office results.

But this upcoming weekend...

• September 18, 2015 – Black Mass
  • September 18, 2015 – Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials
  • September 25, 2015 – Hotel Transylvania 2
  • October 2, 2015 – The Martian (Fox)
  • October 9, 2015 – The Jungle Book (Disney)
  • October 16, 2015 – Bridge of Spies (DreamWorks/Disney)
  • October 16, 2015 – Goosebumps
  • November 6, 2015 – Spectre (Bond 24)
  • November 6, 2015 – The Peanuts Movie
  • November 13, 2015 – Friday the 13th (2015)
  • November 20, 2015 – The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 2
  • November 25, 2015 – Creed
  • November 25, 2015 – The Good Dinosaur (Pixar)
  • November 25, 2015 – Victor Frankenstein (2015)
  • December 18, 2015 – Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Lucasfilm/Disney)
  • December 25, 2015 – Point Break (2015)
  • December 25, 2015 – Snowden

What's The Deal With The Standalone 'Superman' Sequel

What I am hearing? George Miller simply hasn't decided yet what to do next, but if he wants the Man Of Steel sequel it's his. Get this, Warner brass also put Dark Universe on the table now that Guillermo Del Toro has left the project. There are those who feel DC's band of misfits that make up Justice League Dark is right up George Miller's alley. My two cents? I rather see George Miller take on Superman than Swamp Thing.

Next, when could we expect to see Superman in a standalone film?

With both Justice League movies gearing up to shoot over the next few years, Superman at the earliest would get his sequel around either 2019 or 2020 from what I am being told. The studio not only has to figure out when to slate Superman but the upcoming Batman film that Ben Affleck is supposed to direct. More on Batman in a later article.

Last but not least what bad guy could we see go up against Superman in the standalone film? That is being worked out as well but from what I am being told, it would be the cinematic introduction of Brainiac.

Remember, Zack Snyder has already gone on the record about Brainiac and teased the super villain in a future film. He told Entertainment Weekly in the Comic Con issue:

“I remember talking about, ‘What’s the next villain?’” said Snyder. “‘We can’t do another alien invasion.’ Brainiac was definitely down the road.”

Terrence Howard Still Holds A Grudge Toward Robert Downey Jr. For IRON MAN

As you know, Terrance Howard was replaced by Don Cheadle in the second film in the Iron Man franchise (Iron Man 2). A few years ago, Howard revealed that he was fired due to a contract dispute. It turns out the money that he wanted, he never got, and it eventually all went to Robert Downey Jr.. Whether this was the case or not, Terrance Howard revealed some new details in his latest interview with the Rolling Stone magazine.

According to the man himself, it turns out that his agent said “F**k you”, and hung up on him. Shortly after that, Don Cheadle (as seen in the image to the right) was hired to take over as James Rhodes/ War Machine. That’s just the beginning though, Howard then goes in depth and reveals how Robert Downey Jr. “screwed” him. "I called Robby and was like, 'Look, man . . .' Leaving messages with his assistants, called him at least 17 times that day and 21 the next and finally left a message saying, 'Look, man, I need the help that I gave you.' Never heard from him.” After this, Howard says that RDJ wound up getting all the money he could have had. “And guess who got the millions I was supposed to get? He got the whole franchise, so I've actually given him $100 million, which ends up being a $100 million loss for me from me trying to look after somebody, but, you know, to this day I would do the same thing. It's just my nature."

ZE2PJKF.gif

What a difference a week makes.

BOXOFFICEMOJO: Depp's Gangster Tale, a Young Adult 'Maze' and a Trip to 'Everest'

Forecast for this weekend:

• Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (3,791 theaters) - $36 million
  • Black Mass (3,188 theaters) - $35 million
  • The Perfect Guy (2,228 theaters) - $9.8 million
  • The Visit (3,148 theaters) - $9.75 million
  • Everest (546 theaters) - $8.7 million
  • Captive (806 theaters) - $6.4 million
  • War Room (1,945 theaters) - $5.8 million
  • A Walk in the Woods (2,139 theaters) - $2.46 million
  • Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (2,202 theaters) - $2.54 million
  • Straight Outta Compton (1,931 theaters) - $1.9 million

BOXOFFICE: Weekend Estimates - 'Black Mass' #2 with Solid $23.4M

Warner's Black Mass debuted in second place with an estimated $23.4 million. While the Johnny Depp led crime drama didn't nearly reach the heights that its strong online pre-sales had suggested, the film was still off to a solid start and opened in line with earlier expectations. The film's debut was arguably Depp's strongest since the launch of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides back in 2011. Black Mass opened nearly on par with the $23.81 million start of 2010's The Town, but whether it can duplicate that film's holding power remains to be seen.

Black Mass started with $8.82 million on Friday (which included an estimated $1.4 million from Thursday night shows), was unchanged on Saturday with $8.82 million and is estimated to decline 35 percent on Sunday to gross $5.73 million. That gives the film an estimated opening weekend to Friday ratio of 2.65 to 1, which isn't the greatest initial sign for the film. The film received a B rating on CinemaScore, which while respectable, doesn't suggest that the film will hold up especially well going forward.

HBO To Air Rocky Horror Picture Show For 40th Anniversary

Indiewire reports HBO will air The Rocky Horror Picture Show this Saturday at midnight in celebration of the film’s 40th Anniversary year.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show airs at midnight on HBO on September 26th, on HBO’s streaming services HBO Go and HBO Now.

Well that works out nice since there is only one big movie this weekend that is new. But quite a few ahead.

:whee:

HBO To Air Rocky Horror Picture Show For 40th Anniversary

Indiewire reports HBO will air The Rocky Horror Picture Show this Saturday at midnight in celebration of the film’s 40th Anniversary year.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show airs at midnight on HBO on September 26th, on HBO’s streaming services HBO Go and HBO Now.

Well that works out nice since there is only one big movie this weekend that is new. But quite a few ahead.

:whee:

December 25, 2015 - Hateful Eight :banana:

I was just thinking about these yesterday when I saw the Age of Ultron Blu-Ray for sale, and noticed there was no accompanying Marvel One-Shot.

The future of Marvel's One-Shots, according to Kevin Feige

Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige spoke with Screen Rant and addressed the future of Marvel's One-Shots:

"We talk about that a lot actually, because when you have tables like that (lots of potential storylines, most unexplored in the finished film), and we go, What are we going to do with Howard [the Duck]? What are we going to do with Cosmo? We should do a one shot with Michael Pena. I mean, the universe is big. We’re moving up to three movies a year and I’m not sure how much beyond that we can go so the one shots are great for: ‘oh we have this great idea, wouldn’t it be fun to see…’ We talk about it a lot. We’re a relatively small team. We’re comfortable doing three movies a year so it’s just about finding the time and the place. But we have a backlog of ideas."