• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC & Marvel movie road ahead - 2015 to 2020
1 1

548 posts in this topic

Rumors On Possible Teen Titans Movie

JoBlo claims that a Teen Titans film is being considered by WB and instead of making a Cyborg (will be portrayed by Ray Fisher) solo film, which is scheduled for a 2020 release, the studio would combine the two into one film. Not sure if this make a lot of sense since a Teen Titans live-action television series is still in development at TNT.

Let the speculation on the casting of Starfire begin...

:popcorn:

James Cameron Gives 'Avatar' Sequel Update

Cameron confirmed that "Avatar 2", "Avatar 3", and "Avatar 4" are in active development as the prolific director is overseeing -script duties for each film saying:

"I'm in the process of doing another pass through all three scripts right now. Just refining. That's in parallel with the design process. The design processors very mature at this point. We've been designing for about a year and a half. All the characters, settings and creatures are all pretty much [set]."

On the expectations of the new sequels from the audience, Cameron said:

"Obviously, expectations are going to be very high on these films, especially on Avatar 2, to make sure it wasn't just some big fluke the first time. So we've got to deliver. I've created a nice rod for my own back so they say."

I just rewatched this recently, and have to say I enjoyed the film. Although I kept thinking of Stephen Lang in another role.

lang%20as%20cable.jpg

Check out a cool Red-Band trailer for what can only be described as the supernatural version of Marvel's Punisher.

Henry Rollins stars in He Never Died, which hits select theaters and VOD on December 18th.

:o

Check out a cool Red-Band trailer for what can only be described as the supernatural version of Marvel's Punisher.

Henry Rollins stars in He Never Died, which hits select theaters and VOD on December 18th.

:o

That looks awesome!

Go Hank :banana:

Mark Ruffalo Explains What's Holding Up a Standalone Hulk Movie

"I think they've been working on it," Ruffalo said, referencing Marvel Studios and Universal Pictures. The latter studio still owns the production rights to Hulk standalone films, despite Marvel owning the character rights for other films (and distribution rights for a solo movie). It's a cluster of confusion that's enough to turn anyone green and giant.

"Marvel and Universal famously don't get along very well, and so that's working against us, definitely," the actor continued. "But I know for a fact that everyone is holding out hope that one day we can do it. But the nature of the relationship right now, it's a little prohibitive. And I hope that changes; that changes with regimes, it changes over the course of time. But right now, it doesn't look particularly promising," he cautioned.

At least they are being up front about the dual rights situation, and that Marvel/Disney and Universal are working through it together.

Should be an interesting year for movies.

• February 5, 2016 - Hail, Caesar! (Coen Brothers comedy)
  • February 5, 2016 - Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
  • February 12, 2016 - Deadpool (Fox)
  • February 26, 2016 - Gods of Egypt
  • March 4, 2016 – Zootopia (Disney)
  • March 25, 2016 – Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
  • April 15, 2016 – The Jungle Book
  • May 6, 2016 – Captain America: Civil War
  • May 27, 2016 – X-Men: Apocalypse
  • May 27, 2016 – Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass
  • June 3, 2016 – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
  • June 10, 2016 – Warcraft
  • June 17, 2016 - How To Train Your Dragon 3
  • June 24, 2016 – Independence Day: Resurgence
  • July 1, 2016 – The Legend of Tarzan
  • July 15, 2016 – Ghostbusters
  • July 22, 2016 – Star Trek Beyond
  • August 5, 2016 – Suicide Squad (directed by David Ayers)
  • August 12, 2016 – Ben-Hur (2016)
  • September 23, 2016 – The Magnificent Seven
  • October 7, 2016 – Gambit (Fox)
  • October 21, 2016 – Underworld 5
  • October 21, 2016 – Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
  • November 4, 2016 – Doctor Strange
  • November 11, 2016 – Sinister Six
  • November 23, 2016 – Moana (Disney)
  • December 16, 2016 – Star Wars: Rogue One
  • December 21, 2016 – Assassin's Creed
  • December 25, 2016 – Jumanji

For now, Sony states the 'Sinister Six' movie is still a possibility, along with 'Venom'.

Are Sony still committed to making the Sinister Six and Venom spinoff movies?

Now this was stated in February. However there are no more rumors that the plan has been cancelled. In fact, plans are still going ahead but obviously the SS will not be coming out in November 2016 as first planed. As a Sony representative said..

"Sony will no longer release its Spider-Man villain movie ‘The Sinister Six’ in November of 2016 as previously planned. The studio will rethink its approach to the film, which remains in development, in light of the new agreement with Marvel."

Spider-Man Spinoff ‘Sinister Six’ Is on Ice, Says Director Drew Goddard

Was. Were. “Why do you keep referring to Sinister in the past tense?” I ask him.

“The truth is, things change, and Sony got hacked. mess happens, man,” he replies with a shrug. “But as a fan, I’m thrilled because I’m excited to see Spider-Man show up in the Marvel universe. That’s what I’ve always wanted. So I sort of step aside and say, ‘Great, if that’s what led to this then it’s fantastic.’”

“Here’s what we know: Sinister is not happening anytime soon,” he says, adding he’s trying to remain “optimistic” about it.

USA TODAY: 2016 brings Batman, Superman and the 'Dawn' of a new superhero universe

The new DC movies are all about introducing new characters, and Snyder is especially excited about unleashing Wonder Woman, who has a small role in Dawn of Justice but a bigger part to play in the larger universe. “She’s a powerful female superhero, which is a thing we haven’t had for a while,” Snyder says. “She’s a piece of IP that basically exists in pop culture in a way where every kid’s got a Wonder Woman T-shirt and they don’t really know why. I want to give the why back to that.”

Then there’s Suicide Squad, which offers arguably the most colorful group of villains ever seen in a movie. And Ayer loved every minute with them. “We all need good guys and everything — yay, good guys — but at the end of the day, they’re kinda boring,” the Fury director says. “They’re always going to do the right thing. When you’re dealing with the baddies, it’s easy to get ahead of the audience and invert expectations.”

Snyder, who’s also a producer on Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman, also believes these films will differentiate themselves from the superhero pack by embracing Warner Bros' “pedigree of epicness” from franchises such as Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings. “It’s our belief and our goal to honor the legacy of the studio with a batch of films that speaks to that world.”

Quite a decent article on how Warner Bros./DC is getting its act together with all the movie and TV productions.

The superhero streaming service?

The CW is Considering a Stand-Alone Streaming Service

With their Netflix and Hulu deals on the cusp of expiration, The CW is reportedly mulling launching their own, stand-alone streaming service rather than re-upping with more established brands.

The network is flush with series that would bring dedicated fans to a potential service: not only four DC Entertainment shows -- plus the online-only Vixen on CW Seed -- but also ratings-challenged cult favorites like Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.

The CW is currently in the final year of a four-year deal inked in 2011 with Netflix, while they signed a five-year deal with Hulu that same year. Some CW favorites -- like Veronica Mars, which streamed free on Amazon Prime when the Kickstarter-funded movie was on the way -- have special deals in place independent of the larger network.

:wishluck:

Over the span of a little over 2 months we basically get a JLA movie, an Avengers movie, and an X-Men movie.

Sinfully delicious.

Good. We have had a drought. That`s why I never got why some say people will get sick of super hero movies.

If you look at it there really are not many superhero movies made during the year.

For now, Sony states the 'Sinister Six' movie is still a possibility, along with 'Venom'.

Are Sony still committed to making the Sinister Six and Venom spinoff movies?

Now this was stated in February. However there are no more rumors that the plan has been cancelled. In fact, plans are still going ahead but obviously the SS will not be coming out in November 2016 as first planed. As a Sony representative said..

"Sony will no longer release its Spider-Man villain movie ‘The Sinister Six’ in November of 2016 as previously planned. The studio will rethink its approach to the film, which remains in development, in light of the new agreement with Marvel."

Spider-Man Spinoff ‘Sinister Six’ Is on Ice, Says Director Drew Goddard

Was. Were. “Why do you keep referring to Sinister in the past tense?” I ask him.

“The truth is, things change, and Sony got hacked. mess happens, man,” he replies with a shrug. “But as a fan, I’m thrilled because I’m excited to see Spider-Man show up in the Marvel universe. That’s what I’ve always wanted. So I sort of step aside and say, ‘Great, if that’s what led to this then it’s fantastic.’”

“Here’s what we know: Sinister is not happening anytime soon,” he says, adding he’s trying to remain “optimistic” about it.

I can live with that,as long as they still have plans for the Venom/Carnage trilogy.

:wishluck:

Marvel Has Secret Sauce Says TV VP Jeph Loeb

Jeph Loeb was interviewed by ComicBook and talked about why on earth a comedy series would work in the Marvel universe, and even shed a little light on Marvel's secret sauce (not to be confused with McDonald's secret sauce).

"Look, without addressing whether or not we actually have anything in development, because Marvel security has surrounded the building, and I plan on trying to get home tonight. When you look at any Marvel property, our secret sauce has always been not so secret in that we believe that humor is part of it. It doesn't really matter how dark we get, and certainly people felt that 'Daredevil' and 'Jessica Jones' were darker than they had expected Marvel properties to go, there's still a great deal of humor in those shows. There are moments of levity that are in life that you need to bring to the table, or else it just becomes overwhelmingly oppressive."

"We're bringing that a man can get bitten by a radioactive spider and then go out and swing across the skyscrapers of Manhattan, or that a blind superhero can actually, somehow, use his heightened senses in order to take down those that are opposed to abiding by the law. If you're going to have that as part of it, it's always a good idea to make sure that the audience is aware that, yeah, it's funny. It helps along the way in telling the story."

:news:UPDATE: Jumanji, Spider-Man live movie, Star Wars VIII, and Pirates of the Caribbean 5 release date changes. :news:

'Jumanji' Release Date Pushed, 'Spider-Man' Shifts Up

Rian Johnson's STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII Pushed Back To December 2017

• February 5, 2016 - Hail, Caesar! (Coen Brothers comedy)
  • February 5, 2016 - Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
  • February 12, 2016 - Deadpool (Fox)
  • February 26, 2016 - Gods of Egypt
  • March 4, 2016 – Zootopia (Disney)
  • March 25, 2016 – Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice
  • April 15, 2016 – The Jungle Book
  • May 6, 2016 – Captain America: Civil War
  • May 27, 2016 – X-Men: Apocalypse
  • May 27, 2016 – Alice in Wonderland: Through the Looking Glass
  • June 3, 2016 – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
  • June 10, 2016 – Warcraft
  • June 17, 2016 - How To Train Your Dragon 3
  • June 24, 2016 – Independence Day: Resurgence
  • July 1, 2016 – The Legend of Tarzan
  • July 15, 2016 – Ghostbusters
  • July 22, 2016 – Star Trek Beyond
  • August 5, 2016 – Suicide Squad (directed by David Ayers)
  • August 12, 2016 – Ben-Hur (2016)
  • September 23, 2016 – The Magnificent Seven
  • October 21, 2016 – Underworld 5
  • October 21, 2016 – Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
  • November 4, 2016 – Doctor Strange
  • November 23, 2016 – Moana (Disney)
  • December 16, 2016 – Star Wars: Rogue One
  • December 21, 2016 – Assassin's Creed

• 2017 – Bloodshot
  • 2017 – Gambit (Fox)
  • January 13, 2017 – The Dark Tower
  • January 27, 2017 – Resident Evil 6
  • February 10, 2017 – The LEGO Batman Movie
  • March 3, 2017 – Wolverine 3 (Untitled)
  • March 10, 2017 – Kong: Skull Island
  • March 24, 2017 - The Mummy
  • May 5, 2017 – Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  • May 26, 2017 – Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
  • June 9, 2017 – Fantastic Four 2
  • June 23, 2017 – Wonder Woman
  • July 7, 2017 – Spectacular Spider-Man (Marvel/Sony)
  • July 17, 2017 – Planet of the Apes 3
  • July 28, 2017 – Jumanji
  • August 4th, 2017 - Pacific Rim 2
  • November 3, 2017 - Thor: Ragnarok!
  • November 17, 2017 - Justice League, Part One
  • December 15, 2017 – Star Wars: Episode VIII

• March 23, 2018 – The Flash (starring Ezra Miller)
  • March 30, 2018 – 'Universal Monster Franchise Film'
  • May 4, 2018 - Avengers: Infinity War, Part 1
  • May 18, 2018 – The LEGO Movie 2
  • June 29, 2018 - Terminator 3
  • July 6, 2018 - Black Panther
  • July 13, 2018 – Unannounced X-Men Movie (X-men & Fantastic Four?)
  • July 20, 2018 – Animated Spider-Man (Sony)
  • July 27, 2018 – Aquaman (starring Jason Mamoa)
  • November 2, 2018 - Captain Marvel (Marvel)

• April 5, 2019 – Shazam (starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson)
  • May 3, 2019 - Avengers: Infinity War, Part 2
  • June 14, 2019 – Justice League, Part Two
  • July 12, 2019 - The Inhumans (Marvel)

• April 3, 2020 – Cyborg (starring Ray Fisher)
  • June 19, 2020 – Green Lantern Corps

Edited by Bosco685