• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so many young collectors are being mislead

596 posts in this topic

Adam Ant has never been "glam rock".

I’d also be curious to hear why Buzz considers Morrissey "glam rock" – I don’t get it.

I don't. I was making mention that Morrissey has always been a fan of glam rock, covering several of his favorite songs such as 'Trash' by the New York Dolls, 'Drive in Saturday' by Bowie and 'Satellite of Love' by Reed/Velvet Underground.

Ok I just finished reading every damned post in here from start to finish and the most valuable part were the musical references. But now I'm just depresed at not having been born early enough to see all those awesomebands live.

Don't slab all moderns, tell me something I don't already know. I slabbed moderns that are in demand that'll sell for more than the fees, everything else goes into mylar. Is your 401k advice to diversify, invest in no load funds with low fees, invest at least up to your company match, or pair down your equity holdings as you age, duh!

As for post 1994 metal bands there are a few but I think this is clearly an indictment of the mainstream Internet taking off shedding its DARPA roots and stifling creativity in those areas.

Here are my picks for great metal bands post 1994:

Nine inch nails

Tool

Disturbed

Godsmack

Slipknot

rage against the machine

Muse

Mudvayne

Chevelle and silversun pickups are debatable hard rock.

There's probably others and I'm not saying these in anyway hold a candle to the metal gods of yore but they do a pretty good job filling the void.

Ok I just finished reading every damned post in here from start to finish and the most valuable part were the musical references. But now I'm just depresed at not having been born early enough to see all those awesomebands live.

Don't slab all moderns, tell me something I don't already know. I slabbed moderns that are in demand that'll sell for more than the fees, everything else goes into mylar. Is your 401k advice to diversify, invest in no load funds with low fees, invest at least up to your company match, or pair down your equity holdings as you age, duh!

As for post 1994 metal bands there are a few but I think this is clearly an indictment of the mainstream Internet taking off shedding its DARPA roots and stifling creativity in those areas.

Nine inch nails

Tool

Disturbed

Godsmack

Slipknot

rage against the machine

Muse

Mudvayne

There's probably others and I'm not saying these in anyway hold a candle to the metal gods of yore but they do a pretty good job filling the void.

I don't even consider those bands metal, it's hard rock. Except slip knot and mudvayne. But they're still terrible.

Nine inch nails

Tool

Disturbed

Godsmack

Slipknot

rage against the machine

Muse

Mudvayne

I don't even consider those bands metal, it's hard rock. Except slip knot and mudvayne. But they're still terrible.

Ok so now this thread has gone from what I collect rocks and what you collect sucks to what I listen to rocks and what you listen to sucks. Got it. (thumbs u

Next topic: beer, what I drink rocks, what you drink sux

Sabbath -symptom of the universe (especially the ending)

Foghat-take it or leave it (remarkable singing at the end)

Styx-crystal ball, lorelie

Grand Funk-aimless lady, politician

Nugent-hibernation

Seger 2+2 is on my mind

Rush 2112

America three roses

TRUST ME THEY ARE GOOD SONGS

Sabbath -symptom of the universe (especially the ending)

Foghat-take it or leave it (remarkable singing at the end)

Styx-crystal ball, lorelie

Grand Funk-aimless lady, politician

Nugent-hibernation

Seger 2+2 is on my mind

Rush 2112

America three roses

TRUST ME THEY ARE GOOD SONGS

Grand Funk Railroad :cloud9: ....... no love for Kansas ? GOD BLESS.....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

This really comes across as someone who wishes that what they collected was deemed more important by others than what they actually perceive it to be.

I would still rather have a copy of WD 1 over a Tell it to the Marines 1 and I don't own a single WD comic.

+1

to each his/her own.

I realize so many failing 90s books were so bad that they even created a word for it "drek". However, there is a reason why the comic industry is booming thankfully due to the many number of moderns in production that people are now collecting (even if its just for the art/variants/hooplah,etc). If I had to choose for reading pleasure (which ultimately all collectors should place priority over), the art, availability, and pricepoint is no surprise: moderns.

these 'young' readers aren't going to be able to afford the high price points of GA or SA, but will certainly grow up to remember what they held most valuable at the time of their childhood which will inevitably be the same things the much older generations held valuable in their times.