• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so many young collectors are being mislead

596 posts in this topic

I'm just hoping it turns to football derailments in the next month.

Wait until I start up Celebrity Death Pool.

I've got Courtney Love for the drug overdose. :wishluck:

I have a really good Courtney Love story to tell you one day (not writing the specifics down) that involves her being so messed up she grabbed my buddies' fingers and started sucking on them.

Ugh, that's kind of gross.

Your poor buddy had no idea where that mouth had been. :insane:

I'm just hoping it turns to football derailments in the next month.

Wait until I start up Celebrity Death Pool.

I've got Courtney Love for the drug overdose. :wishluck:

I have a really good Courtney Love story to tell you one day (not writing the specifics down) that involves her being so messed up she grabbed my buddies' fingers and started sucking on them.

Ugh, that's kind of gross.

Your poor buddy had no idea where that mouth had been. :insane:

I have an idea

Paging DGarthwaite

Micheal Bay - esplosion

Don't laugh kiddies... Celebrity Death Pool will happen.

(Or it will be banished to the Water Cooler)

There are those that are going to point a finger and say that this is in poor taste so participation is not for the thin skinned.

(shrug)

Poor taste, around here? zzz

Basically here is how it works. Traditionally this starts on Halloween or New Years. Each participant selects a celebrity or notable public individual. You keep that person on your roster. Usual rosters are between 5-10 individuals depending on the number of participants. You are allowed add-drops and trades. Scoring is figured out over the course of a six month or year long cycle with "pernts" being awarded per individual's age (x) subtracted from 100.

Example:

Lindsay Lohan is 28. If she passes then she is worth 72 points (100-28)

Tony Bennett is 88. If he passes he is only worth 12 points. (100-88)

If you have a person on your death list and they die, you do not have a vacant spot on your roster. You are allowed to pick someone up out of the available pool.

I am really touched by this thread. I feel awful for those being mislead and I am going to do something about it this instant!

I will pay cover plus slabbing fees for all of your WD1s, Spawn B&Ws, Saga RRPs, Spider Man Platinums, and so on and so forth.

Problem solved.

Truthfully, I don't think the majority of comic book collectors are in it for the money. I feel most collect what they like for the sake of collecting, or for the stories or characters, and really aren't concerned about turning a profit. (Aside from those who do it as a profession). Whenever I sell a book, I am happy to get what I paid, I am not concerned with profiting off my fellow collectors.

You guys are soo funny and smart with suggestions on how other people should spend/throw away their hard earned money (misleading) and I will bow out gracefully and not give any more sound advice on drek, I was just trying to be helpful the same way I would help someone with their 401K

I'm gonna score big if Beiber goes down

That's if you even get him. Beiber, Lohan, Byrnes, Rihanna and other Hot Messes are usually stud players in this game and go in the first round.

I am really touched by this thread. I feel awful for those being mislead and I am going to do something about it this instant!

I will pay cover plus slabbing fees for all of your WD1s, Spawn B&Ws, Saga RRPs, Spider Man Platinums, and so on and so forth.

Problem solved.

Truthfully, I don't think the majority of comic book collectors are in it for the money. I feel most collect what they like for the sake of collecting, or for the stories or characters, and really aren't concerned about turning a profit. (Aside from those who do it as a profession). Whenever I sell a book, I am happy to get what I paid, I am not concerned with profiting off my fellow collectors.

You guys are soo funny and smart with suggestions on how other people should spend/throw away their hard earned money (misleading) and I will bow out gracefully and not give any more sound advice on drek, I was just trying to be helpful the same way I would help someone with their 401K

Well the guy with 120 longboxes spent about $110,000 on them off the stands and sold for $200

If he had just bought some high grade AF 15's....well

Problem solved.

Thank you Susan Orman.

Thank you Jim Kramer.

Thank you Mr. Minor.

That's if you even get him. Beiber, Lohan, Byrnes, Rihanna and other Hot Messes are usually stud players in this game and go in the first round.

Wait-what? I don't get to pick Beiber?

Problem solved.

Thank you oh wonderful wise one for the meaningful words of wisdom you bestow upon us. (worship)

Drafting works by a lottery round robin run like with Fantasy Football.

Can we pick board members or is that frowned upon?

:taptaptap:

But you are doing the exact same thing only thinking your sitting on a higher horse. :whistle:

You want to waste a draft pick by picking someone prominent in the comics field that stands no chance of shuffling on that is up to you. The participants in the pool determine if the person qualifies with celebrity status. Kav is not a celebrity.

I was just trying to be helpful the same way I would help someone with their 401K

I wouldn't want advice about my 401k from a guy who collects 50's war comics. :sick: