• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so many young collectors are being mislead

596 posts in this topic

Tell me about Phish, the Smiths, Jimmy Buffett and Billy Joel

I've seen Phish several times in concert. They're all very talented musicians. The Smiths I never cared for...too much "Look at me!" vapor. Buffett is disposable "turn your brain off and drink" good vibes. Billy Joel I really enjoy, both to listen and to play...sooo much talent.

Anyone else as long as we're thread-derailing? :)

Peace,

Chip

Ok derailing, first concerts? Mine was the Cal Jam, Black Sabbath (RJD version), Journey, the Tubes, and the Babys played

The Babys actually reformed after a 32 year hiatus. Released an album a few weeks ago (June 24th) called "I'll Have Some Of That." It's really good. They just left the stage at a festival in Montana (Rockin' The Rivers), with Queensryche (not the Geoff Tate one), Lita Ford, April Wine, and many others.

Great band. Wally Stocker is my cousin, so I happen to be intimately involved, but I've been a fan since the first album.

They opened for Rush (my favorite band) on a number of gigs, and so did Marillion (who I saw mentioned earlier in this thread).

My first concert was Blue Oyster Cult on the Mirrors tour, Ian Hunter Band (with Mick Ronson) opening, at the Hollywood Sportatorium (RIP), Hollywood, Florida.

My second concert was Black Sabbath with RJD on the Heaven and Hell tour.

Freaking killer bands :headbang:

I've seen Rush 3 times and I could see them 300 more. The tops in progressive creativity imo. I've seen Dio too. My bro still has a Vivian Campbell pick ( along with another 50 or so from other shows) lol

I thought Heaven and Hell was slightly better than the Mob Rules album and that says it all. Lucky you. :applause:

agreed. but heaven and hell by a mile over mob rules. i'm at 42 rush concerts and counting, starting with moving pictures at the old omni in atlanta. i wanted to go to The Tour Of The Hemispheres and Permanent Waves tour, but my mom wouldn't let me :|

Neil Peart is still one of the greatest of all time.

+infinity

Tell me about Phish, the Smiths, Jimmy Buffett and Billy Joel

I've seen Phish several times in concert. They're all very talented musicians. The Smiths I never cared for...too much "Look at me!" vapor. Buffett is disposable "turn your brain off and drink" good vibes. Billy Joel I really enjoy, both to listen and to play...sooo much talent.

Anyone else as long as we're thread-derailing? :)

Peace,

Chip

Ok derailing, first concerts? Mine was the Cal Jam, Black Sabbath (RJD version), Journey, the Tubes, and the Babys played

The Babys actually reformed after a 32 year hiatus. Released an album a few weeks ago (June 24th) called "I'll Have Some Of That." It's really good. They just left the stage at a festival in Montana (Rockin' The Rivers), with Queensryche (not the Geoff Tate one), Lita Ford, April Wine, and many others.

Great band. Wally Stocker is my cousin, so I happen to be intimately involved, but I've been a fan since the first album.

They opened for Rush (my favorite band) on a number of gigs, and so did Marillion (who I saw mentioned earlier in this thread).

My first concert was Blue Oyster Cult on the Mirrors tour, Ian Hunter Band (with Mick Ronson) opening, at the Hollywood Sportatorium (RIP), Hollywood, Florida.

My second concert was Black Sabbath with RJD on the Heaven and Hell tour.

Freaking killer bands :headbang:

I've seen Rush 3 times and I could see them 300 more. The tops in progressive creativity imo. I've seen Dio too. My bro still has a Vivian Campbell pick ( along with another 50 or so from other shows) lol

I thought Heaven and Hell was slightly better than the Mob Rules album and that says it all. Lucky you. :applause:

agreed. but heaven and hell by a mile over mob rules. i'm at 42 rush concerts and counting, starting with moving pictures at the old omni in atlanta. i wanted to go to The Tour Of The Hemispheres and Permanent Waves tour, but my mom wouldn't let me :|

Neil Peart is still one of the greatest of all time.

+infinity

i'm partial to those USO bands that played in the 50's

I am really touched by this thread. I feel awful for those being mislead and I am going to do something about it this instant!

I will pay cover plus slabbing fees for all of your WD1s, Spawn B&Ws, Saga RRPs, Spider Man Platinums, and so on and so forth.

Problem solved.

Truthfully, I don't think the majority of comic book collectors are in it for the money. I feel most collect what they like for the sake of collecting, or for the stories or characters, and really aren't concerned about turning a profit. (Aside from those who do it as a profession). Whenever I sell a book, I am happy to get what I paid, I am not concerned with profiting off my fellow collectors.

I am thoroughly enjoying this thread .... How come there's not a section

Like "Classic Threads" so new boardies can read through them and enjoy some old CGC board goodness ....

Link.

I love how these lame azz threads are turning into positive discussions lately.

:foryou: Jimmers

seriously?

Just showin' some love Pat. :foryou:

I am really touched by this thread. I feel awful for those being mislead and I am going to do something about it this instant!

I will pay cover plus slabbing fees for all of your WD1s, Spawn B&Ws, Saga RRPs, Spider Man Platinums, and so on and so forth.

Problem solved.

Truthfully, I don't think the majority of comic book collectors are in it for the money. I feel most collect what they like for the sake of collecting, or for the stories or characters, and really aren't concerned about turning a profit. (Aside from those who do it as a profession). Whenever I sell a book, I am happy to get what I paid, I am not concerned with profiting off my fellow collectors.

:screwy:

:insane:

:foryou:

being mislead by some of the top posters of these chatboard and the copper and modern collectors who try to justify paying $20.00+++ to slab a modern post 1990 comic sure there is a few winners but they say that when these young people get old and have dispensable income they will want to come back and get the comics of their youth HUH?? don't think so.

if they have dispensable income they are going to want the vintage golden age stuff that is actually rare and will have held its value , not some 1990+ drek with census counts in the thousands, of course there is a really good chance that 99.98% of all modern slabbed comics will be in dollar boxes in 25 years and there also will be youtube tutorials on how to safely burn your slabbed drek comic and all without breathing in toxic fumes TRUST ME !

No one knows what will happen in 25 years , so let's just enjoy collecting. Not everyone is in this hobby for monetary gain. I actually enjoy collecting modern comics.

I know I am way late to this thread!

Once comics became collectible, comics printed after that, except for a few exceptions, they weren't worth much. I have plenty of 40 year old comics worth zip.

I know what this is.

This is my punishment for the memes.

That's it.

:cry:

Okay Roy. lol

lol

My favorite part about that post is that you edited a post with a single emoticon, then didn't uncheck the "mark as edited" post.

:cloud9:

You didn't see what I originally wrote then.

I know what this is.

This is my punishment for the memes.

That's it.

:cry:

Okay Roy. lol

lol

My favorite part about that post is that you edited a post with a single emoticon, then didn't uncheck the "mark as edited" post.

:cloud9:

You didn't see what I originally wrote then.

:screwy:

Micheal Bay - esplosion

Don't laugh kiddies... Celebrity Death Pool will happen.

(Or it will be banished to the Water Cooler)

There are those that are going to point a finger and say that this is in poor taste so participation is not for the thin skinned.

Micheal Bay - esplosion

There are those that are going to point a finger and say that this is in poor taste so participation is not for the thin skinned.

I love trying to predict death! I'm going for Maculy Culkin!!

Micheal Bay - esplosion

(shrug)

Poor taste, around here? zzz

I'm just hoping it turns to football derailments in the next month.

Wait until I start up Celebrity Death Pool.

I've got Courtney Love for the drug overdose. :wishluck:

I have a really good Courtney Love story to tell you one day (not writing the specifics down) that involves her being so messed up she grabbed my buddies' fingers and started sucking on them.

Micheal Bay - esplosion

I have thick skin for other people's misery

Micheal Bay - esplosion

(shrug)

Poor taste, around here? zzz

tasty