• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your CGC Boards Origin Story
5 5

432 posts in this topic

It is not necessary, or appropriate, to post negative things about others, even in your "explanation" of how you got here.

The explanation can be made without mentioning others negatively. It is unnecessary provocation.

Cal is correct in that regard.

Someone hit "notify moderator" on this post.

This post, saying that it's not necessary to post negative things about others.

How far down the rabbit hole will we go?

Madness.

:facepalm:

That is completely ridiculous..

First off - "Yo Gaz, how ya doing?" (thumbs u

Secondly, I discovered the CGC just after getting into the hobby in 2005, found a CGCd book on Ebay & was like, what the hell's this? looked up CGC, bought my first book and joined the CS, but it was another 9-12 months before I ventured onto the boards.

I have never said very much, still don't ( as you can see by my post count) but like others I have read these boards every day since I joined (see date on left!)

I like it here because I feel a part of something larger and it keeps me up to date with current comic events (literally & figuratively)

One post every 4 days? You make me feel positively loquacious.

:gossip: I'll read your response on the first.

Yeah, with my timetable - the first of never..

It is not necessary, or appropriate, to post negative things about others, even in your "explanation" of how you got here.

The explanation can be made without mentioning others negatively. It is unnecessary provocation.

Madness.

Huh? That makes no sense.

Madness.

Wouldn't it be nice if the mods would institute a strike or wrist slap for hitting the notify moderator button when it wasn't warranted?

It would make people think twice before doing so, and possibly cut down on nuisance mod reporting.

Madness.

Wouldn't it be nice if the mods would institute a strike or wrist slap for hitting the notify moderator button when it wasn't warranted?

It would make people think twice before doing so, and possibly cut down on nuisance mod reporting.

I'm in full favor of this. The increase in butthurt alone would bump the entertainment value quite a bit.

I sold a high grade bronze age iron man slab on Ebay and arranged with the buyer for a local pick up of the book since he was close by. During our exchange he asked if I had checked out the CGC forums yet, as there was a lot of great discussions and great selling threads there as well.

That was a number of years ago, and my wallet has been suffering ever since. Glad I am here though.

Jason

I have been off these boards for a few years and like a previous poster said, I also found this site by googling "Robojo" who I had purchased a book from (I know, you're supposed to do it the other way around). Anyways, I found this little community of addicts, and joined to get some feedback and advice. I have been catching up on a lot of the threads today and came across this one which seemed a good place to re-introduce myself and get re-acquainted

By the way, the book I bought from Danny (Perry?) came back with a blue label, just over graded by him. I ended up selling it on Comiclink last year and broke even. Wish I had the same luck with a few other books I bought from other infamous sellers.

I've been trolling since i got back into collecting for a few months, then I found an ASM 3 i fell in love with and purchased last week. At that point, i figured i had to join. Then i started reading the boards. Come for the comics, and stay for the hilarity. I have plenty of popcorn handy. Cheers!

Btw, i need a cool sig like you all - or something i think is cool, and you guys can mock. : )

I arrived here when I restarted getting involved and interested in comic books, in the process of properly discovering the Golden Age for the first time.

I thought good and fair to troll a bit the acquired aristocratic manners of GA collectors and my first post was in that vein – boardie tabcom nicely welcomed me and in a while I was a big friend of everyone. Or maybe not… lol

A friend of my grandmother (who I don't remember meeting) bought me many issues from August (http://marvel.wikia.com/Category:1985,_August) and September (http://marvel.wikia.com/Category:1985,_September) 1985 and gave them to me for Christmas.

I took one look at them and put them aside to rush to open the Transformers that I knew were under the tree as well.

Fast forward to 1990 when a buddy of mine was showing me his comics and I recalled that I had a stash as well. I went back to check to see what I had (a bunch of drek) and read every issue like 10 times. Okay, well maybe not Power Pack but all the others.

From there I went on to collect anything and everything related to Secret Wars including toys and books. I built a decent little collection that I lugged around with me through the early parts of my career life. I must have moved about 15 times (no exaggeration) and those damn boxes are heavy moving up and down stairs!

I quit in the early 90's pretty much when everyone else did, then got back into it again around when Bendis was writing Secret Invasion. Planet Hulk is what got me back into it. A different buddy lent me his TPB. I read it, and went into massive horde mode and started buying collections left and right!