• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your CGC Boards Origin Story
5 5

432 posts in this topic

I started on eBay March 2000. Started learning about what eBay does, how it worked, etc. Buying the comics back in the day led me to the eBay Comics Chat. With the HUGE numbers of Anti-CGCers/anti-encapsulators there, it was a no-brainer that I would not last too long there.

A member of the Comics Chat told me about this CGC site, and recommended Steve Borock to me. I came here in EARLY 2002, was member # 098.

I essentially quit the eBay Comics Chat as I THOUGHT I had found a better, more suitable home to be directly involved with the business of comic books. How wrong I turned out to be; Stu followed me here and trolled me so much I quit not once, but TWICE. The 3rd time I came back, I decided to stay until CAL decides when it is over. That day is actually sooner than everyone here thinks.

Stu won his War because the huge number of "converts" and Stu defenders obviously outnumbers any allies I have. Stu was quite successful in his cyberstalking of me the last 15 years. The same Anti-CGCers that occupied the eBay Comics Chat are now here, although most of them are smart enough to have toned down, at least on the Boards, about the "evils" of encapsulating, and the "beat-but-complete" comic collecting, and the "evils" of making money by flipping pulp papers.

Even though I CORRECTLY predicted the demise of the now-defunct eBay Comics Chat, I was somehow blamed right SKY? for that demise. I had left that cesspool of a Board a few years before that closing of said Board, and left with my characteristic "tsk*tsk*tsk*" whenever I would see them gang up and flame another newbie or not give anyone a fair chance. That irked them so much so, that the "pinks" emailed me and told me of the impending demise of that Board, and they were not totally blind, either. They knew WHO was the crux of the problems. And, don't pout, it was not CAL.

So I tried my best to be informative, called out those who needed to be called out, and have no real regrets. Deeply disappointed in the MANY CGCers who felt that I had no right to defend myself right ROY??? despite the obvious cyberstalking by a certain "cult status" deranged individual. Maybe they think it was some sort of a "fair fight"; Stu versus the Big Shot Dealer who is a top eBayer to boot, albeit a very part-time one-man Crusader which CAL is.

However, since Borock has left, this place HAS gone straight to Hades and I have no qualms with anything I post here. Why change now?

I have gotten some killer deals on the Seller's Forums, and actually made a few sales back-in-the-day. Gave CGC Forumites generous discounts ( yes, a few complained about that too) and other freebies, etc. Once I got my senses back, it was just business.

So SKY I am reading this right, but are you giving CAL credit for you being here?

That newbie who posts about the lack of drama until CAL shows up? How long you been here?? Where is that Meme " STFU NOOB!" when you need it???

CAL who stated his reasons for WHY he's on the CGC Forums but has gotta go...

Dissertation....?

hm

That's it!!! You're on the list!!!!

I started on eBay March 2000. Started learning about what eBay does, how it worked, etc. Buying the comics back in the day led me to the eBay Comics Chat. With the HUGE numbers of Anti-CGCers/anti-encapsulators there, it was a no-brainer that I would not last too long there.

A member of the Comics Chat told me about this CGC site, and recommended Steve Borock to me. I came here in EARLY 2002, was member # 098.

I essentially quit the eBay Comics Chat as I THOUGHT I had found a better, more suitable home to be directly involved with the business of comic books. How wrong I turned out to be; Stu followed me here and trolled me so much I quit not once, but TWICE. The 3rd time I came back, I decided to stay until CAL decides when it is over. That day is actually sooner than everyone here thinks.

Stu won his War because the huge number of "converts" and Stu defenders obviously outnumbers any allies I have. Stu was quite successful in his cyberstalking of me the last 15 years. The same Anti-CGCers that occupied the eBay Comics Chat are now here, although most of them are smart enough to have toned down, at least on the Boards, about the "evils" of encapsulating, and the "beat-but-complete" comic collecting, and the "evils" of making money by flipping pulp papers.

Even though I CORRECTLY predicted the demise of the now-defunct eBay Comics Chat, I was somehow blamed right SKY? for that demise. I had left that cesspool of a Board a few years before that closing of said Board, and left with my characteristic "tsk*tsk*tsk*" whenever I would see them gang up and flame another newbie or not give anyone a fair chance. That irked them so much so, that the "pinks" emailed me and told me of the impending demise of that Board, and they were not totally blind, either. They knew WHO was the crux of the problems. And, don't pout, it was not CAL.

So I tried my best to be informative, called out those who needed to be called out, and have no real regrets. Deeply disappointed in the MANY CGCers who felt that I had no right to defend myself right ROY??? despite the obvious cyberstalking by a certain "cult status" deranged individual. Maybe they think it was some sort of a "fair fight"; Stu versus the Big Shot Dealer who is a top eBayer to boot, albeit a very part-time one-man Crusader which CAL is.

However, since Borock has left, this place HAS gone straight to Hades and I have no qualms with anything I post here. Why change now?

I have gotten some killer deals on the Seller's Forums, and actually made a few sales back-in-the-day. Gave CGC Forumites generous discounts ( yes, a few complained about that too) and other freebies, etc. Once I got my senses back, it was just business.

So SKY I am reading this right, but are you giving CAL credit for you being here?

That newbie who posts about the lack of drama until CAL shows up? How long you been here?? Where is that Meme " STFU NOOB!" when you need it???

Dissertation....?

hm

lol

I was a charter member of "the list"...

:acclaim:

Dissertation....?

hm

lol

I meant mine. :sumo:

Dissertation....?

hm

lol

I meant mine. :sumo:

:eek:

Oh well. I'm on a lot of lists around here anyways...

lol

No Jack, I said I blamed Andrew;) I'll stick by that lol. I visited briefly because of Stu and you, but I stayed for Bangzoom...and anyone who has not read the Golden Age Collection thread is missing a gem.

Waaaaaaaay too many Andrew's on this board. By Andrew I will clarify to the n00bz that we are not referencing Thirdgreenham, Beige nor myself.

No Jack, I said I blamed Andrew;) I'll stick by that lol. I visited briefly because of Stu and you, but I stayed for Bangzoom...and anyone who has not read the Golden Age Collection thread is missing a gem.

Waaaaaaaay too many Andrew's on this board. By Andrew I will clarify to the n00bz that we are not referencing Thirdgreenham, Beige nor myself.

In that case it must be Andrew, Andrew, Andrew, Andy, Andy, Drew or Drew. hm

First off - "Yo Gaz, how ya doing?" (thumbs u

Secondly, I discovered the CGC just after getting into the hobby in 2005, found a CGCd book on Ebay & was like, what the hell's this? looked up CGC, bought my first book and joined the CS, but it was another 9-12 months before I ventured onto the boards.

I have never said very much, still don't ( as you can see by my post count) but like others I have read these boards every day since I joined (see date on left!)

I like it here because I feel a part of something larger and it keeps me up to date with current comic events (literally & figuratively)

I don't know how I ended up here. I often find myself in strange places when I'm black out drunk.

With 2001 posts? Man, that's a lot of blacked out nights of drinkin'

Secondly, I discovered the CGC just after getting into the hobby in 2005, found a CGCd book on Ebay & was like, what the hell's this? looked up CGC, bought my first book and joined the CS, but it was another 9-12 months before I ventured onto the boards.

I have never said very much, still don't ( as you can see by my post count) but like others I have read these boards every day since I joined (see date on left!)

I like it here because I feel a part of something larger and it keeps me up to date with current comic events (literally & figuratively)

One post every 4 days? You make me feel positively loquacious.

:gossip: I'll read your response on the first.

Edited by thunsicker

Hey Phil, good to see you're still around. :hi:

You gonna make it to LSCC so we can finally meet, next year?

I said GACollectibles in the first paragraph that was quoted;) but there are lots of nice Andrews.

We could just refer to each person's user name....

hm

Too easy?

hm

One post every 4 days? You make me feel positively loquacious.

:gossip: I'll read your response on the first.

That's a word that doesn't get used enough around here.

I am so going to use it when I find out what it means......... :acclaim:

We could just refer to each person's user name....

hm

Too easy?

hm

Two stones. One bird. Done.

It is not necessary, or appropriate, to post negative things about others, even in your "explanation" of how you got here.

The explanation can be made without mentioning others negatively. It is unnecessary provocation.

Cal is correct in that regard.

Someone hit "notify moderator" on this post.

This post, saying that it's not necessary to post negative things about others.

How far down the rabbit hole will we go?

Madness.

:facepalm: