• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your CGC Boards Origin Story
5 5

432 posts in this topic

I was once a shy, withdrawn internet denizen. Other people would make fun of my lack of message board participation. Then, I was bitten by a radioactive private message, and developed the ability to post thousands of words in a short span of time.

The rest is history.

my first posts were in the please grade my thread. don't remember how i discovered the boards.

You were the first person to tell me I did not know what I was doing. :cloud9:lol

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=76949&Number=1405459#Post1405459

Looks like you took it well. lol

my first posts were in the please grade my thread. don't remember how i discovered the boards.

No doubt, you stumbled upon it when you first got wi-fi in your double-wide . . . :baiting:

:kidaround:

Started buying on eBay late '99 -early 2000; raw books, OA, and soon slabs came along.

Probably found these boards researching slabs. Don't remember when. Lurked anonymously for quite a while before joining and posting.

Am I the only one who wishes they found these boards before buying on eBay? :eek:

It would have saved me a lot of money and aggravation.

Started buying on eBay late '99 -early 2000; raw books, OA, and soon slabs came along.

Probably found these boards researching slabs. Don't remember when. Lurked anonymously for quite a while before joining and posting.

Am I the only one who wishes they found these boards before buying on eBay? :eek:

It would have saved me a lot of money and aggravation.

Never been to eBay, is it that bad? Heard stories.

One night, my parents and I went to see a screening of Batman Begins. As we were walking home after the movie, an internet bully stepped out of the shadows and demanded to have access to all of our private messages. We had no idea what a "private message" was, so the internet bully began hurling passive/aggressive taunts at us.

My parents, being innocent of the ways of sarcastic rejoinders, could not figure out if the bully was being serious or not, and died there on the street, the victims of massive confusion.

Right then, I vowed to bring internet bullies to justice. I would become as they were, but instead use my abilities for good, rather than evil. I trained for hours, and developed the ability to post walls of text and slightly funny memes to foil the cutting jibes of these unfinished basement dwellers.

After several days of grueling internet searches and "How To Combat Message Board Bullies With Wit and Charm" videos on YouTube, I was finally fully prepared to tackle message board villainly, but I was missing one key component: where would I find the most villainous, most wretched hive of scum and villainy that existed? I would have to bring the battle to them.

I Googled "most wretched hive of scum and villainy message board"...

...and the rest is history.

One night, my parents and I went to see a screening of Batman Begins. As we were walking home after the movie, an internet bully stepped out of the shadows and demanded to have access to all of our private messages. We had no idea what a "private message" was, so the internet bully began hurling passive/aggressive taunts at us.

My parents, being innocent of the ways of sarcastic rejoinders, could not figure out if the bully was being serious or not, and died there on the street, the victims of massive confusion.

Right then, I vowed to bring internet bullies to justice. I would become as they were, but instead use my abilities for good, rather than evil. I trained for hours, and developed the ability to post walls of text and slightly funny memes to foil the cutting jibes of these unfinished basement dwellers.

After several days of grueling internet searches and "How To Combat Message Board Bullies With Wit and Charm" videos on YouTube, I was finally fully prepared to tackle message board villainly, but I was missing one key component: where would I find the most villainous, most wretched hive of scum and villainy that existed? I would have to bring the battle to them.

lol

lol

lollol

Kept seeing slabbed books and thought they looked great. I really like good covers and a slab is great for me. I'd rather read a hardcover with several issues myself, but I like the individual covers. Found the CGC site and the Forums just in an effort to learn about the "process."

Kept seeing slabbed books and thought they looked great. I really like good covers and a slab is great for me. I'd rather read a hardcover with several issues myself, but I like the individual covers. Found the CGC site and the Forums just in an effort to learn about the "process."

Welcome to the boards. :applause:

Much like Groot or Ant-Man, I appeared on the scene in a 1 shot deal (to get my comics graded by CGC of course) several years back, only to be reinvented & then reappear in costume (with comics to sell) much later! It's like an adventure with every new post & I'm helping to save the world 1 comic (purchase/sale) at a time. We're all Super Heroes here, aren't we? :whee:

Edited by chezmtghut

I stumbled across CGC and the message boards. I was very excited thinking that the message boards would be full of respectable POLITE comic enthusiasts......I then woke up in a bathtub full of ice and a wicked scar with a laptop nearby logged into this place...

So if we're doing origin stories can we do a 'death of' when someone gets banned?

I think i have the rare "First Appearance" of kav?"

My first appearance was poof but that's the first existent appearance-very collectible

So if we're doing origin stories can we do a 'death of' when someone gets banned?

I think i have the rare "First Appearance" of kav?"

My first appearance was poof but that's the first existent appearance-very collectible

You were a what now??