• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your CGC Boards Origin Story
5 5

432 posts in this topic

I lurked for a long time in the bronze horror thread and would read all of the posts there; in particular, Sterling's. I wanted to post real badly, but couldn't find my internet provider email (and they wouldn't accept yahoo mail) ... so, I contacted awe4one and sent a synthetic comic photo of dracula. He posted... dialogue ensued... and I contacted my ISP for the details to finally officially join.

Joining the boards added a whole new perspective on what horror issues to seek out and lust after. :eek:

My original thread I posted in got deleted for some strange reason

..... a weed must be removed by the root :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

That's like... deep man... real deep.

Can I buy some of this from you?

I took a long break from buying/ collecting comics from 1990 - 2004. I got back into the hobby and started collecting books I used to own. I was on Ebay and was looking at a CGC 9.2 Iron Man #1 Western Penn pedigree and decided to look into CGC and found these forums. I joined and bought the book. My very first post was about the book.

great place!

Can I buy some of this from you?

..... I gave that stuff up. I couldn't remember where I lived. GOD BLESS...

Every single one of you are fibbers!!!

You were all sitting in front of your computers googling "bondage" when an image like this popped up:

wonder-woman-bondage.JPG

It wasn't exactly what you were searching for, but it intrigued you enough to stick around! Or was that just me? :whistle:

I started collecting raw comics a couple years ago from ebay and then joined CGC so i can work on some graded sets and maybe the boardies will sell some comics i need someday, when i first started posting on these boards i had some advice for beginners as i have been an eclectic collector for many years, but i found out my advice was not welcome, the regular chat boards members do not want new members giving out any helpful advice to beginners only their opinion counts i have learned.

Joined in preparation of slabbing a Hulk 181 I bought off eBay.....turns out I was being scammed by someone know to these boards.

I was able to get my money back and have owed the boards a debt since then. :foryou:

I was drunker than Cooter Brown, and Borock kept babbling on about this

new gambit that couldn't miss. He had a bunch of kids working for peanuts,,

and it didn't interest Chuckie, so it had to be good.

I took a long break from buying/ collecting comics from 1990 - 2004. I got back into the hobby and started collecting books I used to own. I was on Ebay and was looking at a CGC 9.2 Iron Man #1 Western Penn pedigree and decided to look into CGC and found these forums. I joined and bought the book. My very first post was about the book.

great place!

:applause:

Quit collecting cold turkey back around 1993 thought the stories and art were mostly and after getting married and having kids just couldn't afford it any more. Then about a year and a half ago came across the Billy Wright story and it got me thinking about my collection which I hadn't looked at since I quit. I got on the internet and started to do some research on my comics and came across CGC and now I'm hooked again and the rest is history.

Edited by Azkaban

I wish I could find the strength to care enough to remember. It was so, so long ago. I assume it had something to do with getting back into the hobby and looking for information about same