• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your CGC Boards Origin Story
5 5

432 posts in this topic

Calamerica was threatening to get Stu banned from eBay (this was on the eBay chatboard) so I came here to ...chastise talk to Cal (this is before Stu was banned)...I had enough keeping up with one board and I didn't know anyone here (and Cal was here;) so I left...then GACollectibles (who I knew from the eBay boards) kept sending me links to BangZoom's GA Collection thread...once I looked at one of the links I was totally hooked and I've been around here ever since;)

So,it's totally Andrew's fault, and I blame him;)

This is the kind of 'partial" disclosure that has kept the War alive without the deserved clear-cut winner. There is one who is right, and another who is just plain-out wrong.

Sky, can you further elaborate from YOUR post:

1) why was CAL trying to get Stu banned on eBay?

2) who do YOU think is right or wrong and WHY: either CAL or Stu and be honest?

3) Why was this post originated? Really.

It was about me, Jack, not you, lol. From my point of view why I came here...how I got here. It was a long time ago and just what I remembered that made me cross over to this site.

Now if you would like to post why YOU came to this site, that would be your story.

I will gladly read it as something nostalgic.

I started on eBay March 2000. Started learning about what eBay does, how it worked, etc. Buying the comics back in the day led me to the eBay Comics Chat. With the HUGE numbers of Anti-CGCers/anti-encapsulators there, it was a no-brainer that I would not last too long there.

A member of the Comics Chat told me about this CGC site, and recommended Steve Borock to me. I came here in EARLY 2002, was member # 098.

I essentially quit the eBay Comics Chat as I THOUGHT I had found a better, more suitable home to be directly involved with the business of comic books. How wrong I turned out to be; Stu followed me here and trolled me so much I quit not once, but TWICE. The 3rd time I came back, I decided to stay until CAL decides when it is over. That day is actually sooner than everyone here thinks.

Stu won his War because the huge number of "converts" and Stu defenders obviously outnumbers any allies I have. Stu was quite successful in his cyberstalking of me the last 15 years. The same Anti-CGCers that occupied the eBay Comics Chat are now here, although most of them are smart enough to have toned down, at least on the Boards, about the "evils" of encapsulating, and the "beat-but-complete" comic collecting, and the "evils" of making money by flipping pulp papers.

Even though I CORRECTLY predicted the demise of the now-defunct eBay Comics Chat, I was somehow blamed right SKY? for that demise. I had left that cesspool of a Board a few years before that closing of said Board, and left with my characteristic "tsk*tsk*tsk*" whenever I would see them gang up and flame another newbie or not give anyone a fair chance. That irked them so much so, that the "pinks" emailed me and told me of the impending demise of that Board, and they were not totally blind, either. They knew WHO was the crux of the problems. And, don't pout, it was not CAL.

So I tried my best to be informative, called out those who needed to be called out, and have no real regrets. Deeply disappointed in the MANY CGCers who felt that I had no right to defend myself right ROY??? despite the obvious cyberstalking by a certain "cult status" deranged individual. Maybe they think it was some sort of a "fair fight"; Stu versus the Big Shot Dealer who is a top eBayer to boot, albeit a very part-time one-man Crusader which CAL is.

However, since Borock has left, this place HAS gone straight to Hades and I have no qualms with anything I post here. Why change now?

I have gotten some killer deals on the Seller's Forums, and actually made a few sales back-in-the-day. Gave CGC Forumites generous discounts ( yes, a few complained about that too) and other freebies, etc. Once I got my senses back, it was just business.

So SKY I am reading this right, but are you giving CAL credit for you being here?

That newbie who posts about the lack of drama until CAL shows up? How long you been here?? Where is that Meme " STFU NOOB!" when you need it???

CAL who stated his reasons for WHY he's on the CGC Forums but has gotta go...

Cal I can't imagine the weight on your shoulders by all the grudges you hold up.

Oakman-Who thinks Cal should remove the weight of the world from his shoulders.

Go through what I had to put up with and then we can talk.

CAL who knows the score...

Cal I can't imagine the weight on your shoulders by all the grudges you hold up.

They're chat boards.

I don't have to put up with anything.

I'm free to join in or leave whenever I want to. (shrug)

What I experience on chat boards is a product of my own volition.

They're chat boards.

Exactly. :applause:

They're chat boards.

Caltopia draws nigh!

The comics hobby is dominated by nerds, on both sides of the sales counter. I like what Oak put, why not just let the past go. If you let what nerds on the internet say genuinely get to you or effect what you do, you are in the wrong hobby. Know it alls are going to know, trolls are going to troll, just ignore it.

They're chat boards.

Caltopia draws nigh!

Can I get a whoa Caltopia?

Whoooaaa Caltopiaaaaaaaa!

Forget all that stuff.

I just saw something that really, really bugged me.

This man kicked and yanked a friend's puppy in that elevator.

I would rather spend my energy getting justice for the puppy… I am posting this in the Water Cooler…

CAL the animal lover...

It is not necessary, or appropriate, to post negative things about others, even in your "explanation" of how you got here.

The explanation can be made without mentioning others negatively. It is unnecessary provocation.

Cal is correct in that regard.

It is not necessary, or appropriate, to post negative things about others, even in your "explanation" of how you got here.

The explanation can be made without mentioning others negatively. It is unnecessary provocation.

OMG!

A voice of reason!

I better run and get out of here fast…

CAL takin' them as fast as he can get 'em...

OMG!

A voice of reason!

I better run and get out of here fast

CAL takin' them as fast as he can get 'em...

THAT'S what it takes...??

hm

I may have stumbled onto a goldmine!

I did not see the last sentence before I fired that off….

fortunately I deleted the post

I am allowed to correct my mistakes…

CAL who has a more worthy cause to sink the shark's teeth into at the moment...

I started on eBay March 2000. Started learning about what eBay does, how it worked, etc. Buying the comics back in the day led me to the eBay Comics Chat. With the HUGE numbers of Anti-CGCers/anti-encapsulators there, it was a no-brainer that I would not last too long there.

A member of the Comics Chat told me about this CGC site, and recommended Steve Borock to me. I came here in EARLY 2002, was member # 098.

I essentially quit the eBay Comics Chat as I THOUGHT I had found a better, more suitable home to be directly involved with the business of comic books. How wrong I turned out to be; Stu followed me here and trolled me so much I quit not once, but TWICE. The 3rd time I came back, I decided to stay until CAL decides when it is over. That day is actually sooner than everyone here thinks.

Stu won his War because the huge number of "converts" and Stu defenders obviously outnumbers any allies I have. Stu was quite successful in his cyberstalking of me the last 15 years. The same Anti-CGCers that occupied the eBay Comics Chat are now here, although most of them are smart enough to have toned down, at least on the Boards, about the "evils" of encapsulating, and the "beat-but-complete" comic collecting, and the "evils" of making money by flipping pulp papers.

Even though I CORRECTLY predicted the demise of the now-defunct eBay Comics Chat, I was somehow blamed right SKY? for that demise. I had left that cesspool of a Board a few years before that closing of said Board, and left with my characteristic "tsk*tsk*tsk*" whenever I would see them gang up and flame another newbie or not give anyone a fair chance. That irked them so much so, that the "pinks" emailed me and told me of the impending demise of that Board, and they were not totally blind, either. They knew WHO was the crux of the problems. And, don't pout, it was not CAL.

So I tried my best to be informative, called out those who needed to be called out, and have no real regrets. Deeply disappointed in the MANY CGCers who felt that I had no right to defend myself right ROY??? despite the obvious cyberstalking by a certain "cult status" deranged individual. Maybe they think it was some sort of a "fair fight"; Stu versus the Big Shot Dealer who is a top eBayer to boot, albeit a very part-time one-man Crusader which CAL is.

However, since Borock has left, this place HAS gone straight to Hades and I have no qualms with anything I post here. Why change now?

I have gotten some killer deals on the Seller's Forums, and actually made a few sales back-in-the-day. Gave CGC Forumites generous discounts ( yes, a few complained about that too) and other freebies, etc. Once I got my senses back, it was just business.

So SKY I am reading this right, but are you giving CAL credit for you being here?

That newbie who posts about the lack of drama until CAL shows up? How long you been here?? Where is that Meme " STFU NOOB!" when you need it???

CAL who stated his reasons for WHY he's on the CGC Forums but has gotta go...

Dissertation....?

hm

I did not see the last sentence before I fired that off.

fortunately I deleted the post

I am allowed to correct my mistakes

CAL who has a more worthy cause to sink the shark's teeth into at the moment...

Just remember that the next time you accuse me of being your enemy just because I see Stu differently than you do.

;)