• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"All things Inhuman"

593 posts in this topic

I don't root for people to lose money but it does appear he overpaid on the front end. He should probably be happy to break even after costs. In an odd way I admire the seller's chutzpah.

I was thinking the same thing. It takes huge balls to buy a 3k pedigree book and set a new high and hope to regrade and make even more. In one year this guy is probably looking at a $10k book.

and the movie is only 4 years away :ohnoez:

There is also a 9.0 Green River pedigree on GPA that sold back in 2003. Possible there are two Green River copies, and this is the other one...?

The other green River copy of FF #45 was (is?) a 9.4. I got out bidded on the same book two years straight (2007-2008). It went for almost 4k back in 2007. In 2008 once it hit 5k I gave up trying to get it :cry:

Based on those photos I don't see any spine manip... I think it's just a case of a light background vs. a dark background making the pages stand out more. If the spine had been manipulated, the artwork on the left edge would cut off differently, but it doesn't seem to do so.

Based on those photos I don't see any spine manip... I think it's just a case of a light background vs. a dark background making the pages stand out more. If the spine had been manipulated, the artwork on the left edge would cut off differently, but it doesn't seem to do so.

He didn't state the spine had been manipulated...he implied the book appeared to be squished (another more common form of manipulation)...or I believe pressed is the operative term around here...thus shoving the pages, or folios, to the right. Sheez. :makepoint:

There is also a 9.0 Green River pedigree on GPA that sold back in 2003. Possible there are two Green River copies, and this is the other one...?

The other green River copy of FF #45 was (is?) a 9.4. I got out bidded on the same book two years straight (2007-2008). It went for almost 4k back in 2007. In 2008 once it hit 5k I gave up trying to get it :cry:

Six copies of FF#45 have been identified thus far as being from the Green River collection.

Five were listed on the original Hauser & Haack GR collection manifest. (H&H founded the collection).

And the sixth copy was sold by Craig Beles in 2003. Mr. Beles was the attorney who represented William J. Stevens, the accused serial killer, during the Green River investigation.

He didn't state the spine had been manipulated...he implied the book appeared to be squished (another more common form of manipulation)...or I believe pressed is the operative term around here...thus shoving the pages, or folios, to the right. Sheez. :makepoint:

Thanks for the clarification, trmoore. Much appreciated. (thumbs u

Okay... here's another GR book discussed a few weeks back.

Someone mentioned "chutzpah" in an earlier post. Well the resubmitter of this Green River copy was overflowing with it. Unfortunately for the flipper, the book didn't retain the same grade.

Frankly speaking, I much prefer the old label 9.4 as those damn signatures -- however cool geeks might find them to be -- are such a freakin' eyesore!

FF-45_9-4_9-2_SS_compare.jpg

Someone mentioned "chutzpah" in an earlier post. Well the resubmitter of this Green River copy was overflowing with it. Unfortunately for the flipper, the book didn't retain the same grade.

Frankly speaking, I much prefer the old label 9.4 as those damn signatures -- however cool geeks might find them to be -- are such a freakin' eyesore!

Totally agree.

Totally agree.

....they certainly didn't mind amping the scan up to Times Square levels to make up for it. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

..... I don't go for sigs on the cover either..... although I've seen some well placed ones on AF 15 and FF 1 that I find oddly appealing, despite myself.

Totally agree.

Another tragic transformation of an iconic cover/comic! :tonofbricks::screwy:

Totally agree.

Another tragic transformation of an iconic cover/comic! :tonofbricks::screwy:

I can't believe someone had the Green River copy of this book signed all over the front cover. That is so disappointing. I've always had a thing for Green River FFs.

Half of the point with Pedigree Collections, especially with Pedigrees with great stories like the Green River Collection, is that you get to own a piece of its history. A time capsule of the book as it was when the collection was being put together by the original owner. When you have someone sign the cover in 2014 it just cheapens the book and its history. This is a real shame imo.

When I was collecting FF this was literally my grail book. The Green River FF #45. :cloud9: So maybe I'm being too harsh...

No, it is perfectly understandable: as much as I don’t care for Pedigrees (mostly) I care about the story of specific books, so this is a gratuitious damage, and has nothing to do with the love one might have for the creators.

Stan and (especially) Joe Sinnott are legends to me, but I would never ask them to sign on a FF cover, let alone on a Pedigree copy. :shrug: