• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"All things Inhuman"

593 posts in this topic

36 is definitely on the rise, wouldn't call it a sleeper at this point though, still think 44 and 47 are bigger sleeper issues at this point, strictly speaking from a price perspective. I'm curious as to how involved w/ the Inhumans Gorgon will be...could impact 44 a ton.

44 will never get to the point of the other appearances (36, 46 and 46). And do we know why??

B/c 44 is a warehouse find and there are a TON of high grade copies out there.....

36 is definitely on the rise, wouldn't call it a sleeper at this point though, still think 44 and 47 are bigger sleeper issues at this point, strictly speaking from a price perspective. I'm curious as to how involved w/ the Inhumans Gorgon will be...could impact 44 a ton.

44 will never get to the point of the other appearances (36, 46 and 46). And do we know why??

B/c 44 is a warehouse find and there are a TON of high grade copies out there.....

Right, I seemed to recall that. This does not explain why #48, which had also a warehouse find, can’t be found for "cheap"… :(

I don't buy that, not even a little. Unless you can back that up with print run numbers showing it being higher than 45, 46, 48 etc, the logic just doesn't follow. Chances are it had a lower print run than 45, 46, 48, etc. Not long ago 46 was pretty damn easy to find in warehouses on the cheap. Hell, I found a cheap 36 recently in some long boxes. So, sure, it's available on the cheap right now, but if those copies heat up they'll get bought up... and what happens if there's still demand after that? High dollar book.

In my opinion its because of the character class , Medusa and Blackbolt are the main characters

In my opinion its because of the character class , Medusa and Blackbolt are the main characters

Yep, that's an argument I can buy. I never expect it to catch up with 36, 45 or 46, but it's a ton lower than I feel it deserves to be

I don't buy that, not even a little. Unless you can back that up with print run numbers showing it being higher than 45, 46, 48 etc, the logic just doesn't follow.

The CGC census confirms that #44 is relatively common in high grade. Compared to #36 with only 9 copies graded 9.6 or better and #45 with only 8, with #44 there are 42 copies in 9.6 or better. It was indeed a warehouse find, much like ish 48.

From around that time of publication, issues 34 and 37 are the hardest to find in ultra-high grade, with only 2 and 4 copies, respectively, in 9.6 and none in 9.8.

I don't buy that, not even a little. Unless you can back that up with print run numbers showing it being higher than 45, 46, 48 etc, the logic just doesn't follow. Chances are it had a lower print run than 45, 46, 48, etc. Not long ago 46 was pretty damn easy to find in warehouses on the cheap. Hell, I found a cheap 36 recently in some long boxes. So, sure, it's available on the cheap right now, but if those copies heat up they'll get bought up... and what happens if there's still demand after that? High dollar book.

A warehouse find has nothing to do with print run. For all we know, each issue had similar print runs from the 30s through FF 50. I do not know of a source that has actual print runs.

What I was saying is that due to the fact that FF 44 is a warehouse find, it'll never reach the price point of 36, 45 and 46 due to the fact that there are MANY more high grade copies available.

Granted it may heat up and generate some buzz if Gorgon shows up in a film..but if you have 5 HG copies compared to 50+ HG copies..which do you think appreciates faster??

Its a supply and demand issue....not print run.

A warehouse find has nothing to do with print run. For all we know, each issue had similar print runs from the 30s through FF 50. I do not know of a source that has actual print runs.

What I was saying is that due to the fact that FF 44 is a warehouse find, it'll never reach the price point of 36, 45 and 46 due to the fact that there are MANY more high grade copies available.

Granted it may heat up and generate some buzz if Gorgon shows up in a film..but if you have 5 HG copies compared to 50+ HG copies..which do you think appreciates faster??

Okay, fair enough, I think I see what you're saying now. You're saying there's a higher percentage of HG copies of it.

Good call. I could get on board with that, that's absolutely true. I just don't think it's unreasonable for it to creep way up around FF48 value. There's a solid chance Gorgon will be involved heavily and it begins the Inhuman storyline that ran in FF44 through FF47. I never said it would catch up with 45 or 46, just that it's a sleeper and it will definitely spike in value at some point

Okay, fair enough, I think I see what you're saying now. You're saying there's a higher percentage of HG copies of it.

Good call. I could get on board with that, that's absolutely true. I just don't think it's unreasonable for it to creep way up around FF48 value. There's a solid chance Gorgon will be involved heavily and it begins the Inhuman storyline that ran in FF44 through FF47. I never said it would catch up with 45 or 46, just that it's a sleeper and it will definitely spike in value at some point

gorgon, a character no one has given a rat's azz about for 50 years vs aruguably two of lee/kirby's greatest creations: galactus/silver surfer??? because the character is going to be in a movie? another sign of the apocalypse.

gorgon, a character no one has given a rat's azz about for 50 years vs aruguably two of lee/kirby's greatest creations: galactus/silver surfer??? because the character is going to be in a movie? another sign of the apocalypse.

This is drastic, and inaccurate: of course the one with Galactus and Silver Surfer is not an appropriate comparison, but the Inhumans Royal Family as a whole has always been a staple element of the Marvel Age.

As for the warehouse find, I entirely agree with Brock: #36 and #45 have always been more difficult to find in grade, regardless of the print run which should have been more or less the same in that range.

Initial spike on these is likely due to movie madness.

I don't think they will ever "correct" down to pre-spike levels however. Books like 36, 45-47 have been undervalued for a looooooooong time.

I remember someone on the CBJ boards thought I was crazy for purchasing what looked like an 8.0 raw 45 for $285. Times they are a changin'

Initial spike on these is likely due to movie madness.

I don't think they will ever "correct" down to pre-spike levels however. Books like 36, 45-47 have been undervalued for a looooooooong time.

I remember someone on the CBJ boards thought I was crazy for purchasing what looked like an 8.0 raw 45 for $285. Times they are a changin'

:gossip: ...... prices on the entire Lee/Kirby run are due for a surge ...... it's "The World's Greatest Comic Magazine" ..... and as they say, quality always sells. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

After all of the books heating up from movie hype, why is it so hard to imagine that it COULD have substantial growth? It's not just Gorgon, it's the beginning of the FF run-in with the Inhumans as a race/group. The Inhumans are bigger than just Blackbolt and Medusa, after all. Just look at how Marvel is already utilizing them in the SHIELD tv show, 4 whole years before the movie is slated to be released. Marvel is planning big things for the Inhumans, so I don't think I'm way off base when I say FF44 has a chance for major growth

After all of the books heating up from movie hype, why is it so hard to imagine that it COULD have substantial growth? It's not just Gorgon, it's the beginning of the FF run-in with the Inhumans as a race/group. The Inhumans are bigger than just Blackbolt and Medusa, after all. Just look at how Marvel is already utilizing them in the SHIELD tv show, 4 whole years before the movie is slated to be released. Marvel is planning big things for the Inhumans, so I don't think I'm way off base when I say FF44 has a chance for major growth

up to #48 levels is what you wrote. that's roughly 6x from where they're priced now. it's no longer comic book collecting, it's VC investing.