• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"All things Inhuman"

593 posts in this topic

36 is definitely on the rise, wouldn't call it a sleeper at this point though, still think 44 and 47 are bigger sleeper issues at this point, strictly speaking from a price perspective. I'm curious as to how involved w/ the Inhumans Gorgon will be...could impact 44 a ton.

44 will never get to the point of the other appearances (36, 46 and 46). And do we know why??

B/c 44 is a warehouse find and there are a TON of high grade copies out there.....

I don't buy that, not even a little. Unless you can back that up with print run numbers showing it being higher than 45, 46, 48 etc, the logic just doesn't follow. Chances are it had a lower print run than 45, 46, 48, etc. Not long ago 46 was pretty damn easy to find in warehouses on the cheap. Hell, I found a cheap 36 recently in some long boxes. So, sure, it's available on the cheap right now, but if those copies heat up they'll get bought up... and what happens if there's still demand after that? High dollar book.

A warehouse find has nothing to do with print run. For all we know, each issue had similar print runs from the 30s through FF 50. I do not know of a source that has actual print runs.

What I was saying is that due to the fact that FF 44 is a warehouse find, it'll never reach the price point of 36, 45 and 46 due to the fact that there are MANY more high grade copies available.

Granted it may heat up and generate some buzz if Gorgon shows up in a film..but if you have 5 HG copies compared to 50+ HG copies..which do you think appreciates faster??

Its a supply and demand issue....not print run.

Okay, fair enough, I think I see what you're saying now. You're saying there's a higher percentage of HG copies of it.

Good call. I could get on board with that, that's absolutely true. I just don't think it's unreasonable for it to creep way up around FF48 value. There's a solid chance Gorgon will be involved heavily and it begins the Inhuman storyline that ran in FF44 through FF47. I never said it would catch up with 45 or 46, just that it's a sleeper and it will definitely spike in value at some point

gorgon, a character no one has given a rat's azz about for 50 years vs aruguably two of lee/kirby's greatest creations: galactus/silver surfer??? because the character is going to be in a movie? another sign of the apocalypse.

After all of the books heating up from movie hype, why is it so hard to imagine that it COULD have substantial growth? It's not just Gorgon, it's the beginning of the FF run-in with the Inhumans as a race/group. The Inhumans are bigger than just Blackbolt and Medusa, after all. Just look at how Marvel is already utilizing them in the SHIELD tv show, 4 whole years before the movie is slated to be released. Marvel is planning big things for the Inhumans, so I don't think I'm way off base when I say FF44 has a chance for major growth

up to #48 levels is what you wrote. that's roughly 6x from where they're priced now. it's no longer comic book collecting, it's VC investing.

Well, take a step back for a second, I never said it was likely ;) I just think it's feasible that it could climb up around those levels over the next 4-5 years. If the Inhumans prove to be as big of a deal as I think they will be, then the currently hot Inhuman books will climb even higher in price, climbing out of more and more people's price range. At that point lesser keys (44, 47, maybe Thor 146?) will go up as their demand goes up.

Crazier things have happened.

Re-reading issues 51-60 right now in my Marvel Masterworks Volume 6 copy I received from Dr. X for 2nd place in his Coin Amount Contest. Just a FANTASTIC read...and don't forget the introduction of KLAW in issue 53!

Awesome story arc! :headbang:

:gossip: ...... prices on the entire Lee/Kirby run are due for a surge ...... it's "The World's Greatest Comic Magazine" ..... and as they say, quality always sells. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

:wishluck:

:gossip: ...... prices on the entire Lee/Kirby run are due for a surge ...... it's "The World's Greatest Comic Magazine" ..... and as they say, quality always sells. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

:wishluck:

(thumbs u

But… Give me a minute to amass some more… lol

Re-reading issues 51-60 right now in my Marvel Masterworks Volume 6 copy I received from Dr. X for 2nd place in his Coin Amount Contest. Just a FANTASTIC read...and don't forget the introduction of KLAW in issue 53!

Yo FF fans...check this out...I was showing my son the MM 51-60 issues and explaining the story arc to him and got to the 3rd to the last caption of issue 53 and notice that KLAW's sound-converter device that encapsulates his right (damaged) hand is nowhere to be seen as he gets ready to enter his sound transformer machine (that will ultimately transform him) and he is showing a good right hand sans sound-converter device. Methinks an art error here that I never noticed before.

Yo FF fans...check this out...I was showing my son the MM 51-60 issues and explaining the story arc to him and got to the 3rd to the last caption of issue 53 and notice that KLAW's sound-converter device that encapsulates his right (damaged) hand is nowhere to be seen as he gets ready to enter his sound transformer machine (that will ultimately transform him) and he is showing a good right hand sans sound-converter device. Methinks an art error here that I never noticed before.

Maybe you'll get a board no-prize lol

That's it! Kirby sucks! :ohnoez:

I wish I had a copy of 53, I wanna check that out

Agreed. Comic books do not get any better than Fantastic Four 44 thru 67.

Yeah...pretty much agree with this.

I'm reading the Inhumans origins trade now and it's covering a lot of this run (I've read this whole run before).

The only thing I hate is Johnny and his constant "Oh, I'll never see Crystal again" whining. Every other panel is him crying about it....I just want to slap him!!

That's right! Who's in charge of no-prizes around here??!! :sumo:

That's right! Who's in charge of no-prizes around here??!! :sumo:

Did anyone get a chance to check this out and arrive at the same conclusion? hm

It's absolutely true; that right hand is unmistakably undamaged before he goes in.

However, it's takes a bit more to earn a no-prize! Had you explained how such a thing could've happened, a no-prize would be on it's way to your door!

Well... that didn't take long.

We discussed this book a few weeks back.

Some felt the eBay auction was shilled. As the facts now reveal, that wasn't the case.

Sold December 14, 2004, for $3050. Resubmitted and recertified a notch higher on January 14, 2015.

Was it manipulated?

I'm not sure... but there appears to be amplified visibility of folios along the right edge.

So, to this Green River collector, I'm not interested in this apparent molested copy. Here's hoping the flipper takes a bath. :mad:

FF-45_compare_1x1.jpg

FF-45_compare_2x1.jpg

FF-45_EBAY_1x1.jpg

FF-45_EBAY_2x1.jpg

FF-45_COMICLINK_1x1.jpg

FF-45_COMICLINK_2x1.jpg

I don't root for people to lose money but it does appear he overpaid on the front end. He should probably be happy to break even after costs. In an odd way I admire the seller's chutzpah.

I was thinking the same thing. It takes huge balls to buy a 3k pedigree book and set a new high and hope to regrade and make even more. In one year this guy is probably looking at a $10k book.