• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"All things Inhuman"

593 posts in this topic

Half of the point with Pedigree Collections, especially with Pedigrees with great stories like the Green River Collection, is that you get to own a piece of its history. A time capsule of the book as it was when the collection was being put together by the original owner. When you have someone sign the cover in 2014 it just cheapens the book and its history. This is a real shame imo.

When I was collecting FF this was literally my grail book. The Green River FF #45. :cloud9: So maybe I'm being too harsh...

....don't give up hope..... I think there's 3 other Copies of FF 45 from the Green River collection..... I was perpetually broke when Hauser released them in CBM .... but I managed to talk him into time payments (thumbs u on JIM 93 and X-Men 6..... $ 325 for the pair......I miss the early 90's..... you could be working a Gas Station and still collect..... now you have to OWN the Gas Station. I tried to talk Brad into his GR copy of FF 45......It's a dream GR for me also..... even then it was starting to become hard to win at auction 10 years ago.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Okay... here's another GR book discussed a few weeks back.

Someone mentioned "chutzpah" in an earlier post. Well the resubmitter of this Green River copy was overflowing with it. Unfortunately for the flipper, the book didn't retain the same grade.

Frankly speaking, I much prefer the old label 9.4 as those damn signatures -- however cool geeks might find them to be -- are such a freakin' eyesore!

FF-45_9-4_9-2_SS_compare.jpg

Totally agree.

Stan's signature is really getting abysmal...

Someone mentioned "chutzpah" in an earlier post. Well the resubmitter of this Green River copy was overflowing with it. Unfortunately for the flipper, the book didn't retain the same grade.

Frankly speaking, I much prefer the old label 9.4 as those damn signatures -- however cool geeks might find them to be -- are such a freakin' eyesore!

Totally agree.

What a beauty; the the old label with the stamp

Totally agree.

Well, it was...

I'm a pro-sig guy, and also very pro "do what you want with your own property", but I hate to see stuff like this.

Totally agree.

Well, it was...

I'm a pro-sig guy, and also very pro "do what you want with your own property", but I hate to see stuff like this.

Sinnott saw the title and wanted to "further hide the Inhumans!" :insane:

Totally agree.

Well, it was...

lol

Totally agree.

Well, it was...

lol

I'm with you, I'm a sig fan and I'd never tell anyone what to do with their property, but I'd prefer high grade, especially pedigree copies, to be left as is. I've got a signed ped, but I bought it that way. lol

While we are on the subject - what's the story behind the Green River pedigree? Is there a good write-up on this anywhere...?

Here ya go...

The Story of the Green River Collection

Thanks!

I wish there was more explanation as to why he was a key suspect in the murders. There wasn't much between "jailed for stealing police equipment and walked off a prison work crew", and "prime suspect in murders". Lots missing there.

While we are on the subject - what's the story behind the Green River pedigree? Is there a good write-up on this anywhere...?

Here ya go...

The Story of the Green River Collection

Thanks!

I wish there was more explanation as to why he was a key suspect in the murders. There wasn't much between "jailed for stealing police equipment and walked off a prison work crew", and "prime suspect in murders". Lots missing there.

This article might provide the color you're looking for...

Did Serial Killer Trick Police?

The copy locked away in Barton's collection is the nicest I've ever seen (by scan), but this one is not that far behind. Only the tiny bit of writing in pen in the title detracts from the super sweet eye appeal. And being unpressed, the pages don't poke beyond the cover. It was a great pick-up for Greg, but a hard book to let go.

The copy locked away in Barton's collection is the nicest I've ever seen, but this one is not that far behind. Only the tiny bit of writing in pen in the title detracts from the super sweet eye appeal. And being unpressed, the pages don't poke beyond the cover. It was a great pick-up, but a hard book to let go.

I didn't even notice the writing at first.

I'd take a tiny bit of writing over pokey pages any day.

Beautiful book!!!!!

I am back in

ff45Scan-150223-0002_zps8b53069a.jpg

The copy locked away in Barton's collection is the nicest I've ever seen (by scan), but this one is not that far behind. Only the tiny bit of writing in pen in the title detracts from the super sweet eye appeal. And being unpressed, the pages don't poke beyond the cover. It was a great pick-up for Greg, but a hard book to let go.

That is an incredible specimen. Beautiful in all regards -- structurally and aesthetically.

And to think that book survived the ravages of time WITHOUT manipulation to restore its 50-year-old appearance is AMAZING!

You, my friend, have a winner.

That book is something to cherish and exhibit as very special. (thumbs u