• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wolverine #1 Campbell Deadpool Variant appreciation thread...
3 3

601 posts in this topic

Here's one FS

And another

:popcorn:

Jerome

$2,700 for a 9.6? :o

Thats just the asking price. I'll go out on a limb and say it'll never sell for that much in a 9.6 before the year....2020???

Jerome

In terms of ceiling for this book, I don't think this particular book will reach beyond 4k. IMO. Speaking for 9.8 blues...

There are too many copies in 9.8 for 9.6s to go for $2600.

I feel the same way about the siege 3 cover.

Time will tell.

I hope I am wrong ( I have a 9.8) But compared to all the big JSC books out there. This book has the highest graded copies.

Here are the counts I posted in the JSC appreciation thread for his "big" books (books that sell for over 1k)

9.8 count and total overall graded for that particular book. Census numbers are not the end all for sure. As long as supply exceeds demand, it will command big $.

Wolverine #1

Graded 9.8 : 55 copies

Total Graded:144

Siege #3

Graded 9.8: 64 copies

Total Graded:110

Uncanny Xmen 510 Partial Sketch

Graded 9.8 : 10 copies

Total Graded: 18

Black Panther Partial Sketch

Graded 9.8 : 6 copies

Total Graded: 10

Black Cat #1

Graded 9.8 : 52 copies

Total Graded: 64

Time will tell.

I hope I am wrong ( I have a 9.8) But compared to all the big JSC books out there. This book has the highest graded copies.

Here are the counts I posted in the JSC appreciation thread for his "big" books (books that sell for over 1k)

9.8 count and total overall graded for that particular book. Census numbers are not the end all for sure. As long as supply exceeds demand, it will command big $.

Wolverine #1

Siege #3

Black Cat #1

You forgot ASM 688. :baiting:

-J.

Time will tell.

Wolverine #1

Siege #3

Black Cat #1

You forgot ASM 688. :baiting:

-J.

ASM #688

Graded 9.8 : 23 copies

Total Graded: 72

Wolvie #1 has the 2nd lowest 9.8 rate of those books at 38%. ASM #688 is #1 @ 31% 9.8 rate.

It's tough looking at the census numbers sometimes. With the subbing of comic covers to get one makes it tough to find. So I think going in, everyone knew to sub this rare, excellently drawn, all black, two popular character mash-up right away. The 9.8 rate is what I think will keep the value up for those with a 9.8.

Conversely, that also means there's a lot of copies to go around. The value shows not an over-supply, but thats why I only buy 9.8s; they are the tip of the sword and usually see the greater returns to offset high census numbers at times (shrug)

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

2 hours ago, freecharlie said:

That former raw I had bought is now a blue label 9.4. 

Did you press it or would that have bumped it even more you think? I love this cover. Thinking about putting it on my hit list for my next big purchase, but I dont know. I might just have to settle for the Mexico version and live vicariously through you guys. ;)