• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

1266861015_ShazamFamilywithProducers.thumb.jpg.a30e9591b01b6ab8c579dd00a6a7402c.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like DC Films President Walter Hamada and Shazam! Producer Peter Safran with The Shazam! Family cast.

Tuesday was Mary Marvel Grace Fulton's Birthday and they're together at Warner Bros. Studio to celebrate.  Very much hoping we'll see the cast at SDCC18. :smile:

Mary_Marvel_Tiny_Titans.png.5eee1f4772c4f456055771bd7ba974ac.png455654055_GraceFultonBirthday.png.77d18f96dc54abaf4910b01f613eabe5.png

Edited by Mr.TawkyTawny

1 minute ago, media_junkie said:

Yeah, that made me not want to see the movie.

I know Shazam is a little more on the fun side, but I’ve read reprints of some of the older issues and he didn’t act like a doofus. The S stands for the wisdom of Solomon and it appears the producers forgot this so they can make a superhero version of the movie Big.

13 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I know Shazam is a little more on the fun side, but I’ve read reprints of some of the older issues and he didn’t act like a doofus. The S stands for the wisdom of Solomon and it appears the producers forgot this so they can make a superhero version of the movie Big.

I'm sure that's EXACTLY what they're going for. They don't really care about the characters, they care about the money. 

Looks like fun but the humor and dopey-ness of the main character (Shazam) worries me. Feels like he would have been better as the Tick.

I'll watch it, I just hope it gets more serious. 

Ok, just saw the trailer...

- At no point did I say "wow" or "hahahaha"

- It has the Peter Parker and fat asian dude vibe

- A bit cringe worthy

Having said that, I understand that DC is trying to go in a different direction.  That should be given credit.  So I'm not going to poo poo all over it until I see the movie (which I still intend to).