• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Shazam' movie official thread (because he deserves one too)
3 3

1,885 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

In celebration of Superman's 80th birthday...

DC Films is very fortunate with their casting of Zachary Levi as Captain Marvel.  Tony Award nominee and self-professed nerd, Zach is intelligent, eloquent, witty and extremely generous with his personal time connecting with his fandom.  He's the right spokesman at the right time DC needs. :smile:

5ad918f25a530_Zachandfriends.jpg.993f7897a752d93565d75305ff34a7e3.jpg  

On 4/22/2018 at 1:34 AM, Bosco685 said:

Is he a really bad actor?

I'm sure Brody is a fine actor but his casting is unnecessary and not require to move the story forward as they already have Jack Dylan Grazer with his acting chops down to do exactly that.

Over the past five months there has been every indication that Safran and Sandberg have managed to capture lighting in a bottle the same way Heyman and Columbus achieved 18 years ago.  I also had confidence that Henry Gayden and Darren Lemke would stay on point with a faithful adaptation of The Marvel/Shazam Family characters to weave a Fantasy Film screenplay that a theater audience will enjoy watching more than once like re-reading a good book a few times.

The comic book character Captain Marvel Jr. is "The World's Mightiest Boy" and not an aberrant 38 year old guy traipsing around insipidly.  No one is wanting to pay money to see that.:boo:

Replacing both Grace Fulton and Jack Grazer with other actors, cutting the screen time of 2 of the film's 4 biggest stars down to half or a third of total runtime to 20 measly minutes or less?  That is putting nipples on a bat suit.  :screwy:

Edited by Mr.TawkyTawny

7 hours ago, Mr.TawkyTawny said:

I'm sure Brody is a fine actor but his casting is unnecessary and not require to move the story forward as they already have Jack Dylan Grazer with his acting chops down to do exactly that.

Over the past five months there has been every indication that Safran and Sandberg have managed to capture lighting in a bottle the same way Heyman and Columbus achieved 18 years ago.  I also had confidence that Henry Gayden and Darren Lemke would stay on point with a faithful adaptation of The Marvel/Shazam Family characters to weave a Fantasy Film screenplay that a theater audience will enjoy watching more than once like re-reading a good book a few times.

The comic book character Captain Marvel Jr. is "The World's Mightiest Boy" and not an aberrant 38 year old guy traipsing around insipidly.  No one is wanting to pay money to see that.:boo:

Replacing both Grace Fulton and Jack Grazer with other actors, cutting the screen time of 2 of the film's 4 biggest stars down to half or a third of total runtime to 20 measly minutes or less?  That is putting nipples on a bat suit:screwy:

lol

Thank you for the details. I'm really trying to trust in Sandberg's commitment to the old Captain Marvel. So hopefully this doesn't lead to disappointment.

But nipples.... hm

CinemaCon Day 2 Recap - Warner Bros. SHAZAM

Warner Bros. opened their presentation with a DC Films sizzle reel, previewing their upcoming slate, which is apparently only focusing on three films at the moment. One of the films was David F. Sandberg's Shazam!, which only recently began filming.

There wasn't much to show as far as footage goes, but we did see behind-the-scenes footage of Zachary Levi in costume, which actually looked pretty great on the big screen. Levi also seems to be having a blast  in the role and we see him perform a variety of stunts. We also get to see him recreate the piano sequence from Big, which was a treat, although it's unclear whether that scene will be apart of the final movie or if it was just Levi goofing around on set.

They also gave us a very quick look at Mark Strong as the villain of the piece, Doctor Sivana, and he looked pretty cool decked out in an all-black leather costume. The Shazam! portion of the reel cuts out after we see Billy Batson (Asher Angel) yell the magic words that give him his superpowers.

"OMG you're real."  "I'm Real."

Last time I observed star power, and more importantly staying power, like this was with Tom Selleck in his early 80's Magnum, P.I. days interacting with his adoring fans.

WB and DC Films accountants are going "Cha-Ching!"

Edited by Mr.TawkyTawny

Star Zachary Levi may be teasing the appearance of a major part of the Shazam mythology in the upcoming Shazam movie. Levi posted to Instagram an infographic comparing the Seven Deadly Sins of Judeo-Christian theology to various social media apps. Tinder is lust, Twitter is wrath, Instagram is pride, Facebook is envy, Linkedin is greed, and Netflix is sloth.

Levi posted with the status update reading, “You’re so vain, you probably think this post is about you…”

zachary-levi-seven-deadly-sins-1107310.j