• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cerebus 1 a more valuable key than Hulk 181? Really Overstreet? Poll on Page 87
3 3

1,571 posts in this topic

What's keeping Crime SuspenStories 22 relevant?

SOTI book, classic cover

Lot's of PCH fans/collectors and this has always been one of the "trophies".

Edited by chrisco37

SOTI book, classic cover

Do you think a Cerebus 1 in 9.2 is more valuable than a 9.2 CSS 22?

SOTI book, classic cover

So, basically, for more reasons than just having a featured character in popular media.

hm

Edited by Ryan.

SOTI book, classic cover

Probably

SOTI book, classic cover

Probably

I typically agree with your posts, but this is a reach. CSS 22 in 9.2 would probably fetch at least $8,000, and that is a conservative number. I think an 8.5 sold for $7k within the last few months. A Cerebus 9.4 or 9.6 would be more comparable. A 9.2 would get annihilated.

SOTI book, classic cover

Probably

I typically agree with your posts, but this is a reach. CSS 22 in 9.2 would probably fetch at least $8,000, and that is a conservative number. I think an 8.5 sold for $7k within the last few months. A Cerebus 9.4 or 9.6 would be more comparable. A 9.2 would get annihilated.

Yeah, I thought it would, but I haven't bought any PCH in quite awhile so I just have no idea what the market for it is.

SOTI book, classic cover

So, basically, for more reasons than just having a featured character in popular media.

hm

I see what you did there. :wink:

Your Username is frickin' awesome. I still remember the first time I read a reprint of AF15 and thought in my 5 year old mind - "What the F is a wheatcake?"

I find the Petey's Wheatcake name annoying. But the reason it's annoying is because I didn't think of it first...

Thank you, bronzejohnny and hippiecop. Such kind words, and you saved them for the 100 Page Super Spectacular!

I think anyone who compliments me displays an aptitude for sound, logical reasoning, an unbiased understanding of all the relevant facts, and an extremely high level of class and sophistication.

Okay, so who is going to start the "What will the Overstreet 2019 Top Ten List Look Like?" thread? I have a feeling that blazincomics has an opinion or two on this.

I find the Petey's Wheatcake name annoying. But the reason it's annoying is because I didn't think of it first...

Thank you, bronzejohnny and hippiecop. Such kind words, and you saved them for the 100 Page Super Spectacular!

I think anyone who compliments me displays an aptitude for sound, logical reasoning, an unbiased understanding of all the relevant facts, and an extremely high level of class and sophistication.

Okay, so who is going to start the "What will the Overstreet 2019 Top Ten List Look Like?" thread? I have a feeling that blazincomics has an opinion or two on this.

lol

I was just about to raise the question about whether Overstreet will place Hulk 181 above Cerebus 1 especially after Jay's fantastic analysis.