• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sunfire & Big Hero 6

315 posts in this topic

Diva,

Please explain what I am missing with your eBay listing that doesn't imply it is the first appearance of bh6.

Sincerely,

Me

(Listing title and description both clearly claim that it is their 1st appearance-tell me what I'm missing in your listing that you say isn't misleading and I'll be happy to call myself sense) (thumbs u

Alpha Flight 16 is obviously the first appearance.

You are joking. I checked that out last week - one panel (tiny, unrecognizable, lemongirl (only) saying, check my new team out next month . . . ) ;)

But it has the big hero 6 logo...

I honestly think both can be considered first appearances BH6 #1 and AF #17 - I don't think a seller listing one for sale with the "first appearance" designation is fraud or doing something "uncool" - more a difference of opinion.

That logo could be considered a first appearance. Sure, its not, but don't pretend an argument couldn't be made :)

Here you go:

IALu6O.jpgVhhQ54.jpg

First appearance Logo first appearance Honey Lemon first appearance idea of big hero 5 - therefore first appearance of Big Hero 6 - see? an argument can be made lol

This Big Hero 6 #1 over Alpha Flight V2 #17 thing is dumb.

One does not trump the other 2c

:insane:

:whistle:

...and there's the dinner bell. Now I know it's time to put mine up there.

Whoever sold this is misleading the buyer into thinking this is their 1st appearance in order to make a sale. To me, not a very cool move as a seller. 2c

Now if that info hadn't been on the listing (or had it been stated as an 'early appearance') I'd be applauding the sale.

My, you are dense. Read the listing again. lol

I'd say that Sensei Ryan's criticism is "accurate as to the facts."

(thumbs u

:insane:

:whistle:

...and there's the dinner bell. Now I know it's time to put mine up there.

Whoever sold this is misleading the buyer into thinking this is their 1st appearance in order to make a sale. To me, not a very cool move as a seller. 2c

Now if that info hadn't been on the listing (or had it been stated as an 'early appearance') I'd be applauding the sale.

My, you are dense. Read the listing again. lol

Ah…we resort to name calling on a listing we clearly misled the buyer on. Glad I know your eBay ID now! (thumbs u

What is it I'm supposed to be missing with your listing? You clearly state that it is the 1st appearance of BH6. :makepoint:

Also avoid any eBay seller with the name "grime" (Divad has multiple accounts, so he can avoid limits for free listings)

Diva,

Please explain what I am missing with your eBay listing that doesn't imply it is the first appearance of bh6.

Sincerely,

Me

(Listing title and description both clearly claim that it is their 1st appearance-tell me what I'm missing in your listing that you say isn't misleading and I'll be happy to call myself sense) (thumbs u

What he's trying to defend is that it's not deceptive because it's the first publication with a story that's by the creators of those characters. Of course, the paragraph break and the change in formatting suggests a new idea is being presented. You're not meant to read the listing as a description of "first appearance by their creators" because that's not as significant as a first appearance overall. But he's designed it so he can defend it that way.

You are joking. I checked that out last week - one panel (tiny, unrecognizable, lemongirl (only) saying, check my new team out next month . . . ) ;)

I honestly think both can be considered first appearances BH6 #1 and AF #17 - I don't think a seller listing one for sale with the "first appearance" designation is fraud or doing something "uncool" - more a difference of opinion.

That logo could be considered a first appearance. Sure, its not, but don't pretend an argument couldn't be made :)

Here you go:

IALu6O.jpgVhhQ54.jpg

First appearance Logo first appearance Honey Lemon first appearance idea of big hero 5 - therefore first appearance of Big Hero 6 - see? an argument can be made lol

Not to understate the importance of AF16 or 17 (because I was a fan of the series), but saying that it's dumb to think that one trumps the other in the argument of 'which one is the actual first appearance,' is comparable to saying that it doesn't matter that September comes before November or December. 2c

Diva,

Sincerely,

Me

What he's trying to defend is that it's not deceptive because it's the first publication with a story that's by the creators of those characters. Of course, the paragraph break and the change in formatting suggests a new idea is being presented. You're not meant to read the listing as a description of "first appearance by their creators" because that's not as significant as a first appearance overall. But he's designed it so he can defend it that way.

Gotcha. That explanation makes sense but it just makes it sound even more deceptive as he obviously put some thought into how he would market the sale of the book to appear as it if were indeed their first appearance. The title of the auction, however, is where the real misleading information comes from, IMO.

Clearly the market likes the AF17 issue, though, so that is clearly a key book in the BH6 mythos but had info that not been stated in the title I would have thought the listing to be much more ethical.

So what is the first app? The Sunfire book or what?

I am pizzed that I didn't pick up a stack of the 2008 or whatever #1s. I remember my LCS had a ton of them unsold in the 3 for $2 overstock box, but I passed because it looked like more Manga I didn't want.

I don't know print runs, but at least part of the price difference is due to availability.

First appearance comments aside, the Sunfire issue did hit stores first.

So if you are an LCS owner, do you buy a lot of copies of a new series featuring people you've never heard of? Probably not. Especially if it's not ongoing and only has 3 issues.

I'm suspecting there weren't (aren't) a ton of Alpha Flight fans, but at least it was a series people knew and would pull.

Another deceptive Diva D ebay listing. Not a surprise. A seller to avoid on there with his 7 different names.

It's not deceptive in any way, and I stand by all of my auctions. And way better than the stuff you sell or own. lol

150449.jpg.c89c010174e9dfc7308a9548f738cb37.jpg

Diva,

Sincerely,

Me

Another "reading-challenged" person. :acclaim:

Here you go:

IALu6O.jpgVhhQ54.jpg

(thumbs u

Diva,

Sincerely,

Me

Gotcha. That explanation makes sense but it just makes it sound even more deceptive as he obviously put some thought into how he would market the sale of the book to appear as it if were indeed their first appearance. The title of the auction, however, is where the real misleading information comes from, IMO.

Clearly the market likes the AF17 issue, though, so that is clearly a key book in the BH6 mythos but had info that not been stated in the title I would have thought the listing to be much more ethical.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, :eyeroll: even if the market disagrees with you: Clearly the market likes the AF17 issue :acclaim: