• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard Kiel - "Jaws" in James Bond movies - dies at age 74

25 posts in this topic

Loved Jaws in the Bond movies. Sad to hear of his passing

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/sep/11/richard-kiel-jaws-actor-from-james-bond-dead-at-74-reports

Maybe this belongs in the Water Cooler area? IDK. There are comic magazine type publications of the two movies - Spy Who Loved me and Moonraker

RIP to my birthday buddy.

Great career. Just saw him in the Twilight Zone re-run 'To Serve Man.'

And here's a tidbit from IMDB:

Original choice to play the title character in the television series The Incredible Hulk (1978). After 2 days of filming it was decided that he was not "bulky" enough for the role. He was paid for the two movies of the week and replaced by Lou Ferrigno. He was happy this happened because he only had sight in one eye and the full contact lenses were bothering him.

He was the nicest celebritiy I've ever met. He took lots of time to talk with me and my wife as well as suggest we take pictures with him. So friendly and warm. I'm sad. For those who don't haunt the signature room, I recently had this done:

msc005_zps55fbe6e7.jpg

Got the pleasure to work with him and his lovely wife at CCE last year. One of the nicest people & celebrities I had ever met. Dearly missed.

My memories:

D75D5AF7-29E1-4F39-B283-90EF989300FF-257-00000040C2BFDF2B_zps53e59669.jpg

D8F6722F-B1F8-4A42-BA24-C812C0EF1BA0-257-00000040E69FA21B_zps18b953d1.jpg

Great memories!!

I met him at a con also. Just look at those hands engulfing your head!! I've got huge hands myself and his just swallowed mine........... anyone remember the movie Eeegah?