• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

lol It's always funny when clueless people try to pass off the Onion (or sites like it) news for real articles.
except i never did that.

:gossip: I think he is referencing the sites that reported this as news. Before you tell him to try harder.

the post mentioned he's been accused. him being accused is a fact.

Okay.

i honestly wonder if the reason Leto's Joker scenes were cut is because one of his cast mates complained about the BS he sent them. instead of going public with their disgust, they might have kept it under wraps as long as his scenes were cut. not saying this is a fact, just wouldn't be surprised if later this came to be true.

You know, after Comicbookscalping noted Leto's rape accusations, I went and looked that up. That led to articles where they quoted some reference about Will Smith saying how he didn't like Jared Leto. I had never heard that until now. So I dug a tiny bit deeper.

Turns out the quote where Will Smith stated "I hate Jared Leto" because of the things he sent people - including the pig sent to Smith - is a gag site that some 'news reporting sites' then took for real news. So they started quoting that information.

THEABOVEAVERAGE: Will Smith On Jared Leto’s Joker: “I Don’t Like Jared Leto”

It was referenced a few times until one of the sites realized theaboveaverage is like theonion.com, and that Will Smith’s PR spokesperson (Frank DuChaunt) quoted doesn't even exist.

But hey. If you want to reference that, you have that right. Along with the rape accusations where one girl noted her sex with Jared Leto was like rape - but really good.

:foryou:

i didn't reference that at all, nor had i ever heard of that, which is why i wondered about it. if i had heard of it, i would have stated that. I simply wondered if it MIGHT be true. maybe they cut his scenes because it didn't fit the movie, etc etc, but what i said was i wouldn't be surprised if it came out later that someone complained. jeez people....c'mon, do better

The most logical decision would have been excessive Joker scenes would have detracted from the Suicide Squad movie - limit him to the necessary scenes. If you watch Batman: Assault On Arkham even that film used just enough Joker to show how much he was in Harley's head. Otherwise, it would have been a story distraction.

Sorry, but what you hinted at seemed to align too closely with the story that was floating around for days that then one of the sites ridiculed its peers for referencing a gag site. Odd timing, I guess.

With Monday's total. And this week Germany and Austria will start to post results.

qrt4Hks.png

0FEEV3G.png

Remaining box office releases:

Germany: 18 August 2016

Austria: 19 August 2016

Greece: 25 August 2016

Japan: 10 September 2016

$700MM w/in reach :boo:

With Monday's total. And this week Germany and Austria will start to post results.

qrt4Hks.png

0FEEV3G.png

Not necessarily I don't think those 4 remaining countries added more than $50MM to BvS combined.

I'm still putting this at $600MM max.

-J.

qrt4Hks.png

0FEEV3G.png

I'd consider 500 mil a success for that movie

lol It's always funny when clueless people try to pass off the Onion (or sites like it) news for real articles.
except i never did that.

:gossip: I think he is referencing the sites that reported this as news. Before you tell him to try harder.

(thumbs u

I can't vouch for the source because it's 3rd hand, but trending on my Facebook feed right now is the headline "Jared Leto reportedly feels he was tricked into doing Suicide Squad," which he had been led to believe was to be more of an "artistic" production.

All the articles point back to Tumblr, where a fan purportedly summarized what he said to fans at his concert last night.

Think it's the same ultimate source as the previously-discussed "F--k em" comment.

Even if it's all bunk, that it's been picked up by multiple legit news sources & is trending on Facebook is significant.

At a certain point, perception Trumps (haha!) reality.

I also personally think that Leto cares so little about Hollywood and his standing as an actor that he'd actually say stuff like this if that's how he feels.

I can't vouch for the source because it's 3rd hand, but trending on my Facebook feed right now is the headline "Jared Leto reportedly feels he was tricked into doing Suicide Squad," which he had been led to believe was to be more of an "artistic" production.

All the articles point back to Tumblr, where a fan purportedly summarized what he said to fans at his concert last night.

Think it's the same ultimate source as the previously-discussed "F--k em" comment.

Even if it's all bunk, that it's been picked up by multiple legit news sources & is trending on Facebook is significant.

At a certain point, perception Trumps (haha!) reality.

I also personally think that Leto cares so little about Hollywood and his standing as an actor that he'd actually say stuff like this if that's how he feels.

One page back. It turns out a comic book movie news site misquoted the girl attending a Jared Leto event.

No, Jared Leto Did Not Say "F**k 'Em!" To WB Regarding SUICIDE SQUAD Or Playing The Joker Again

The original reports first surfaced on the popular genre website, Batman-News.com before spreading to other outlets. However, it was quickly questioned.

Even in the original post, the only verifiable information was a video where Jared Leto was asked about whether he felt concern over "blatantly breaking his Suicide Squad contract by doing dangerous activities such as rock climbing" and his short response was ""F**k 'Em" but it was clearly meant to be a humorous moment, Leto was smiling and clearly not serious. The rest of the post, regarding Leto's thoughts about being tricked and being unsure about returning to play the Joker was pure conjecture and has now been debunked.

The bad thing was they quoted a fan as their source what Jared Leto had to say about the movie.

Transformers is a worldwide brand again because of those movies. And as much mess as Bay gets, he made this thing into a monster again.

You made some great points JayT, but I agree AND disagree with you on this.

To say Transformers was not a worldwide brand is just not true. Whether it was dormant, dying, mishandled or not. But Michael Bay making it bigger, 100% agree. And I hated all the live-action movies except for the 1986 animated one. But their success, does go in hand with the fact that it was already a worldwide brand with an established fan base.

On a side note, "Hey Nick!!!"

:hi:

Hi Ed.

:hi:

:whee:

Well, that went up fast in only one day.

wZlF5aO.png

tqDI8Vm.png

Just from Domestic Box Office alone if this film does $5.25MM daily Wednesday through Saturday (it is averaging $5.6MM right now), it crosses the $500MM mark.

Germany opening this week could be a nice bump. Even for Apocalypse, that market brought in $9MM to date. Deadpool did $24.6MM. So quite the strong contributor to any movie's total.

Saw it this weekend...

As many others have said:

Will Smith and Margot Robbie were the high points.

The weak plot, inconsistant tone, and lack of developed motivation were the low points.

And if you look about 30 feet down below the low points you'll see Jarrod Leto's Joker, even lower than low.

It was better than Superman vs Batman, but just a smidge and certainly didnt create a new trajectory for the DC Movie-verse.

Can I say I'd watch a Deadshot/Harley buddy dark comedy? Something like Midnight Run in tone?

With Justice League in post-production and Flash and Aquaman already in the works I just dont know if the audiences will stick around long enough for a course correction.

wZlF5aO.png

tqDI8Vm.png

Just from Domestic Box Office alone if this film does $5.25MM daily Wednesday through Saturday (it is averaging $5.6MM right now), it crosses the $500MM mark.

Germany opening this week could be a nice bump. Even for Apocalypse, that market brought in $9MM to date. Deadpool did $24.6MM. So quite the strong contributor to any movie's total.

$565MM by end of the weekend

Edited by paperheart

wZlF5aO.png

tqDI8Vm.png

$565MM by end of the weekend

I think you are right when the entire weekend box office is tallied.

The weekend competition.

• August 19, 2016 – Ben-Hur (2016)
  • August 19, 2016 – Kubo and the Two Strings
  • August 19, 2016 – War Dogs

BOX OFFICE: SUICIDE SQUAD Expected To Remain At #1 For Third Week In A Row Topping BEN-HUR And More

Despite a 67% drop in its second weekend, Suicide Squad looks set to become just the fifth 2016 release to stay at the #1 spot for three consecutive weekends. As a result, Task Force X join Deadpool, Zootopia, The Jungle Book, and Finding Dory, and yes, that means Suicide Squad will actually top Captain America: Civil War at the box office in at least one respect - a pretty impressive feat to be fair!

Deadline believes that the movie will suffer a 50% drop this weekend, meaning it should earn between $20 million - $22 million. That figure puts it ahead of Sausage Party and new openings like War Dogs (which should earn $15 million at most) and Ben-Hur (likely to gross no more than $13 million, and some analysts already believe that the reboot will be one of the summer's biggest flops).

:popcorn:

The weekend competition.

• August 19, 2016 – Ben-Hur (2016)
  • August 19, 2016 – Kubo and the Two Strings
  • August 19, 2016 – War Dogs

BOX OFFICE: SUICIDE SQUAD Expected To Remain At #1 For Third Week In A Row Topping BEN-HUR And More

Yeah this weekend is a dumpster fire. There's better than a coinflip chance that the best performing new movie wont finish better than 3rd, and Pete's Dragon might hold well in it's second weekend...