• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

I agree!

By the way, not everyone is seeing these re-shot scenes as a negative.

SUICIDE SQUAD Reshoots Bode Well For The DC Movieverse

I have since spoken to more sources and I understand that the reshoots are happening right now, as recently as this week, and that they're big - tens of millions of dollars big. And they're adding more humor and lightness into the film.

This, to me, is great news. Hearing that WB is aware that they need to inject some fun into these movies - and that's what I'm hearing is happening here, not that they're inserting jokes left and right but that they're beefing up fun character moments and interactions - can only mean good things for the future of the DC Movieverse after the deadly serious, zero fun Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

It sounds more like Warner is responding to audience feedback, rather than just sticking to a plan without a care about the viewer.

:applause:

I am happy to hear that WB is responding to the feedback, what has me worried is the writers/ producers didn't have the foresight to include it in the first place.

This has me more worried for the simple fact that they are attempting to dumb down the movie. My worry is they go to far and we end up with cra p like AoU or Ant-Man.

It is funny that audiences and critics were fine with the dark Nolan Batman trilogy but are taking the opposite approach with BvS and this movie.

that's one of the reason why i'm also worried about the future DC movies. i like that WB/DC movies are different from Marvel and Fox a lot of my co-works came up to me and told they love BvS and their not comic book fans but like CBM.

Common talks working with Jared Leto, calls Suicide Squad a special film

"This is a special film, and Jared Leto is special," shares Common when talking with Collider.

:jokealert:

"I just knew that world was a gritty comic book world that I haven’t seen. I feel like, with so many comic book movies being made, I wanted to be a part of one of the ones that is special. Obviously, you want the box office and those things, but I want to be a part of the special movies. And if I’m going to be a part of a comic movie, I don’t want it to just be the same story, where you can just place the new name and it’s the same story that you see. I’ve gotta say, one of the major reasons I knew it would be something cool and could be special is (director) David Ayer. I love his work. I got to work with him on Street Kings, but then I watched End of Watch and the dude is good, man. I think Suicide Squad could be a story told in a new way."

"From the time I stepped on the set, I was my character and he was his character. There was no in between. It wasn’t like, “Hey, man, how’s your family doing?" The scene we have, we definitely were totally improving a lot of stuff, with some of it. Some of it, we got to improv on, but I don’t know what they’ll keep. When you’re in that space, where another actor is that person, you can just live and let it be. I was really grateful. The was one of my most fun and invigorating experiences, as an actor, with the scene I had with Jared Leto, or The Joker."

Suicide Squad Theme Song Possibly Revealed

Fans are speculating that the theme song to Suicide Squad may have been revealed during a live show at the Wav Nightclub in Atlantic City on April 2.

Dubstep artist Skrillex debuted a new collaboration with rapper Rick Ross during his show. The song includes lyrics that would seem to link it to Suicide Squad, including mentions of “Suicide Squad,” and possibly “Gotham City” and “Killer Croc.” There’s also a line about a “purple Lambo,” which describes the car the Joker drives in the film.

Please - no Will Smith joining in to sing.

Fans are speculating that the theme song to Suicide Squad may have been revealed during a live show at the Wav Nightclub in Atlantic City on April 2.

Dubstep artist Skrillex debuted a new collaboration with rapper Rick Ross during his show. The song includes lyrics that would seem to link it to Suicide Squad, including mentions of “Suicide Squad,” and possibly “Gotham City” and “Killer Croc.” There’s also a line about a “purple Lambo,” which describes the car the Joker drives in the film.

:cloud9:

Seams more fitting for a closing credits song than a theme song.

Seams more fitting for a closing credits song than a theme song.

Link

"Suicide Squad, Floyd Lawton, Deadshot, rough rider. No you don't want nada. None of this, gun in this, brotha runnin this, hired soldier..."

It's already in the bag... ;)

What the...

SUICIDE SQUAD Reshooting For 3 Weeks

As we previously reported, Warner Bros. has ordered extensive reshoots for their upcoming David Ayer-directed Suicide Squad.

Most of the film's on-location shots were filmed in Toronto, Canada, and while we don't know what scenes they are specifically tweaking, we do know they are focusing on implementing more humor into the film, in response to the overwhelmingly positive response the trailers have received.

What the...

SUICIDE SQUAD Reshooting For 3 Weeks

As we previously reported, Warner Bros. has ordered extensive reshoots for their upcoming David Ayer-directed Suicide Squad.

Most of the film's on-location shots were filmed in Toronto, Canada, and while we don't know what scenes they are specifically tweaking, we do know they are focusing on implementing more humor into the film, in response to the overwhelmingly positive response the trailers have received.

Guess Leonard and Howard didn't like it...

I am going on record that it will be this movie Suicide Squad that will be Warner and DC`s savior.

Suicide Squad will be the DC movie that gets the respect that other DC movies haven`t got yet.

Suicide Squad will be the GotG and Deadpool for DC movies.

People will look at DC Movies differently after Suicide Squad.

I am going on record that it will be this movie Suicide Squad that will be Warner and DC`s savior.

Suicide Squad will be the DC movie that gets the respect that other DC movies haven`t got yet.

Then hopefully DC will look at DC movies differently...

To DC what Deadpool was for Fox marvel movies?

the look of Killer Croc is just wrong.

That has me worried enough, then add in the re-shoots.

I hope I am wrong.

Reasons why this is *probably* wishful thinking (though I hope not):

1) Will Smith is in it

2) Questionable character design for the Joker

3) No discernible accent for HQ

4) Killer Croc looks stupid

5) Plot and movie concept too much like "The Expendables"

6) David Ayers' extremely mixed track record

7) It's coming on the heels of BvS and near the end of the summer movie season (super hero fatigue)

8) They cut and released a trailer that was nothing like the actual movie

9) Too many characters. Way too many. (see #6, same issue with BvS)

10) Extensive re-shoots to make the movie "funny" will more likely than not result in a disjointed and incongruous final product.

-J.

Rumor: Suicide Squad To Have More Batman Than Expected

On Heroic Insider, hosts Umberto Gonzalez and Daniel Alter go over a rumor via an unnamed source that his presence in the film is much more than just a cameo.

"The film tested recently,they had test screenings, and according to sources, check this out, there is a lot more Batman in the movie than they are letting on."

They mention that the lineup of Suicide Squad is basically a who's who of Batman villains, which would lend this theory some credence. We already know he's in the film, via footage that showed him on top of Jokers car, but if I had to guess, that won't be the only time we see him in the film.

Being that Ben Affleck's take on Batman was one of the main positive points of Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, I doubt that Warner Bros. would miss an opportunity to utilize that to their benefit.

8Of6A6m.png

David Ayer Shares Cryptic Suicide Squad Imag

Director David Ayer, earlier today, shared a cryptic image -- seemingly from Suicide Squad -- that has fans wondering just what it might mean.

Possibly a tease of the rumored footage we're supposed to see at this weekend's MTV Movie Awards broadcast.

:gossip: One comment on Twitter says the Chinese character that's on fire means "fish"

8Of6A6m.png

David Ayer Shares Cryptic Suicide Squad Imag

Director David Ayer, earlier today, shared a cryptic image -- seemingly from Suicide Squad -- that has fans wondering just what it might mean.

Possibly a tease of the rumored footage we're supposed to see at this weekend's MTV Movie Awards broadcast.

:gossip: One comment on Twitter says the Chinese character that's on fire means "fish"

YuI0bJ4.jpg