• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Enough CGC!

Graders Notes  

747 members have voted

1. 1. Graders Notes

161 posts in this topic

When a tree falls in the forest does anybody hear it?

That's what these type of threads are.

Why do you assume that the people who can authorize this change read the boards every day?

I think they are depending on a trickle up communication. While the boards are independently moderated there are suspensions and wrist slaps handed out for criticizing CGC policy. I believe that the originators of these are hoping that if the boards erupt into mass protest over a certain policy that the furor created within the thread itself, along with the inevitable lock, combined with the eventual discussion thread will raise enough commotion that it will be noticed.

I think I am about to take the Andy Dufresne approach. You want a prison library? Then you should write a letter a week to mbalent@cgccomics.com as was instructed HERE

I think I am about to take the Andy Dufresne approach. You want a prison library? Then you should write a letter a week to mbalent@cgccomics.com as was instructed HERE

But......but.....then what about teh dramaaaaaaaaaaaaa?

This must be the Friday thread. :hi:

He just compared himself to Rosa Parks :roflmao:

That would imply that I compared myself to AT&T and MCI. If I quote The Art of War does that make me Sun Tzu?

“You have to believe in yourself" - Sun Tzu (thumbs u

"When you can balance a tack hammer on your head, you will head off your foes with a balanced attack." - The Sphinx

lol

The Sphinx + Rosa Parks + Tiananmen Square + comics = EPIC WIN

Who is M Balent?

Who is M Balent?

Mike Balent, director of the Signature Series.

That is the way to effect a change. Everything else is mock worhy bluster. :whee:

Who is M Balent?

Is that tattoo Mike? I just didn't know his last name. Mainly 'cause I hate Sig Series, I guess.

Who is M Balent?

The guy who drew all the huge breastesses on Catwoman back in the day.

;)

have you ever seen the graders notes? trust me you aren't missing much

+1

CGC is a volume business. The consistent, careful, and thorough annotation of flaws is at odds with speedy grading. The notes are neither complete nor consistent, and in some cases are missing entirely.

Why would they stop charging? As long as people keep paying for them, they'll continue to charge.

There are enough books out there on the market to keep this gravy train going for quite some time.

Gravy. :cloud9:

Gravy bikini wrestling :cloud9:

gravybikiniwrestling_GOOD550.jpg

Who is M Balent?

Is that tattoo Mike? I just didn't know his last name. Mainly 'cause I hate Sig Series, I guess.

Yes, Roy, that is tattoo Mike.

When I first started buying slabs (only a few years ago) I was beyond shocked when I learned you had to pay for graders notes.

I have yet to ever buy one. Not a single time and I am pretty confident in saying I will never buy them.

+1

CGC is a volume business. The consistent, careful, and thorough annotation of flaws is at odds with speedy grading. The notes are neither complete nor consistent, and in some cases are missing entirely.

Our freedom and liberty are at stake here.

#FREEGRADERSNOTES

!!!!

+1

I know that's right. Recently I was willing to pay but was told no notes were kept on my 9.4.. Uhm.. Okay.. But your website says differently. Hrm...

AT LEAST I HAVE FEET! SOME KIDS DON'T HAVE FEETS!

Moral of the story? Count your blessings, wear your shoes, cause YOU CAN!

Who is M Balent?

Yes, Roy, that is tattoo Mike.

I got Fingh's ire up again. :acclaim:

When a tree falls in the forest does anybody hear it?

That's what these type of threads are.

Why do you assume that the people who can authorize this change read the boards every day?

Then the question would be bb, why do you read these threads and respond to them?

:baiting:

+1

I know that's right. Recently I was willing to pay but was told no notes were kept on my 9.4.. Uhm.. Okay.. But your website says differently. Hrm...

AT LEAST I HAVE FEET! SOME KIDS DON'T HAVE FEETS!

Moral of the story? Count your blessings, wear your shoes, cause YOU CAN!

They've been pretty clear on stating that books that were graded on less expensive tiers, and books in much higher grades may not have notes recorded.