• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will the New Mutants 98 bubble burst?
1 1

1,121 posts in this topic

Where are all the true believers:

NM 98 9.8 Board Sale

$750...

It's well known that books often sell for more off the boards than on the boards.

I can't count how many times it's happened, but enough times to know that it's true. Unless you need statistics. Then I can't help you.

Depends who's selling them, truth be told...

NM 98 9.8 Board Sale

$750...

It's well known that books often sell for more off the boards than on the boards.

I can't count how many times it's happened, but enough times to know that it's true. Unless you need statistics. Then I can't help you.

Not really. It's well known that people pay more for books outside of the boards than on them. Has been that way for as long as I've been here.

NM 98 9.8 Board Sale

$750...

Not really. It's well known that people pay more for books outside of the boards than on them. Has been that way for as long as I've been here.

Yeah I hear what you are saying, over an average that happens. However, I have bought off a boardie only to pick up the same issue in a higher grade for a 1/4 for what I paid. It happens.

NM 98 9.8 Board Sale

$750...

You're right! They are dropping like stones! Why, one sold just two days ago for $950 according to GPA. So at a rate of $100 a day it will be practically worthless in a week.

Ok, no one wants to make $200 then...?

If I bought comics to make money I'd consider it. But I buy comics to put in my personal collection and that one isn't in my focus.

NM 98 9.8 Board Sale

$750...

You're right! They are dropping like stones! Why, one sold just two days ago for $950 according to GPA. So at a rate of $100 a day it will be practically worthless in a week.

Ok, no one wants to make $200 then...?

If I bought comics to make money I'd consider it. But I buy comics to put in my personal collection and that one isn't in my focus.

I buy my comics with money. What do you buy yours with?

:D

NM 98 9.8 Board Sale

$750...

You forgot to mention PQ.

Just sold my X-men #109 CGC 9.8 for over $300 more at auction than my asking price on the CGC boards.

I enjoy listing my new CGC books here first to get some quick sales, but whatever doesn't sell here there is always other venues to sell ones books at a quick turnaround pace.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

NM 98 9.8 Board Sale

$750...

Just sold my X-men #109 CGC 9.8 for over $300 more at auction than my asking price on the CGC boards.

I enjoy listing my new CGC books here first to get some quick sales, but whatever doesn't sell here there is always other venues to sell ones books at a quick turnaround pace.

I rarely offer books for sale here anymore. When I do, I never bother to bump the thread or discount because they almost always sell for more somewhere else. (even with fees)

:(

A shame. I always looked forward to your threads, Mike.

Me, too. And just a good person to do business with.

A lot of good sellers on these boards got tired of the drama here and the low ball offers.

I still believe this place is a great place to sell to some really good people/boardies, but for many long-time boardies such as myself I have gradually seen the decline in serious clienteles here on the boards.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

NM 98 9.8 Board Sale

$750...

I rarely offer books for sale here anymore. When I do, I never bother to bump the thread or discount because they almost always sell for more somewhere else. (even with fees)

Pretty ironic that the CGC forums are so good for selling raw books, and so awful for selling graded books.