• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2015 --It's still Never too Early, Oct 8-11

464 posts in this topic

Anyone know what day/time the J Scott Campbell CGC signing is?

I spoke to the cgc staff today and they said to grab a witness (red t-shirts) and go to his booth and pay his fee (despite what was on JSC's flyer about going to the cgc booth and not his stand).

Well... Figured I'd get here early and beat lines... Already about 150 people in front of me... yeesh... So much for sacrificing sleep to get the wcngh variant...

If you rush to Artist Alley, you'll be fine. Most attendees hit the main con floor the exclusives.

If anyone can assist getting me in Sunday around noon or 1 pm I would appreciate it. I was going to skip it but have some books I want to get SS'ed.

Or if anyone is not using their badge Sunday at that time I can meet for it or have someone else get it for me Saturday.

Thanks for anyone who even considers this! :grin:

Of course, I would also buy a cheapie if need be.

-Bird, devoid of shame and more of a deal-junkie/stick it to the man guy than a cheap-arse.

Well... Figured I'd get here early and beat lines... Already about 150 people in front of me... yeesh... So much for sacrificing sleep to get the wcngh variant...

If you rush to Artist Alley, you'll be fine. Most attendees hit the main con floor the exclusives.

Damn exhibitor passes and their early entry... 11 exhibitors and one regular pass in front of me....

If anyone can assist getting me in Sunday around noon or 1 pm I would appreciate it. I was going to skip it but have some books I want to get SS'ed.

Or if anyone is not using their badge Sunday at that time I can meet for it or have someone else get it for me Saturday.

Thanks for anyone who even considers this! :grin:

Of course, I would also buy a cheapie if need be.

-Bird, devoid of shame and more of a deal-junkie/stick it to the man guy than a cheap-arse.

Shoot me a PM

Now that the Frank Miller signing is done, is it safe to say that there was a friggin' Frank Miller signing at NYCC today? :shy:

Very busy? And how did he look? Hopefully healthier than previous appearances.

It was great meeting him, but he didn't exactly look like the picture of health, unfortunately.

Now that the Frank Miller signing is done, is it safe to say that there was a friggin' Frank Miller signing at NYCC today? :shy:

Very busy? And how did he look? Hopefully healthier than previous appearances.

It was great meeting him, but he didn't exactly look like the picture of health, unfortunately.

I wish I had the opportunity to go to the NYCC and win the lucky raffle to meet him. Hopefully he eventually decides to come to Toronto.

Apparently Frank Miller did a surprise signing at the Dark Horse booth yesterday on top of his signing today.

Meanwhile Rob Liefeld & Fabian Nicieza charge higher fees for X-FORCE & DEADPOOL books. Starting price to sign other material they've worked on is $20.

Tim Bradstreet was a no show due to a family emergency.

$1000 for a remark special print from CLIFFHANGER Campbell, Ramos & Maduriera.

Line for John Cassady was huge due to his limited con appearances.

Neal Adams now charging $30 for sigs.

Exclusives were going like hot cakes.

Cosplay was all over the place ranging from a Hulkbuster to guys dressing up as Steven Universe female teams to a duo repping PBS stations nationwide with their MR. ROGERS / BOB THE PAINTER display.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan was charging to sign a 2x4.

Chad L from WASLKONG DEAD charging $50 to take a selfie with people.

Kevin Conroy had a line that never ended due to fans loving him on cartoons & video games. Second place is Phil LaMarr with his extensive VO work. His signings were slower due to him wanting to have 5 min convos with each fan.