• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2015 --It's still Never too Early, Oct 8-11

464 posts in this topic

Apparently Frank Miller did a surprise signing at the Dark Horse booth yesterday on top of his signing today.

Meanwhile Rob Liefeld & Fabian Nicieza charge higher fees for X-FORCE & DEADPOOL books. Starting price to sign other material they've worked on is $20.

Tim Bradstreet was a no show due to a family emergency.

$1000 for a remark special print from CLIFFHANGER Campbell, Ramos & Maduriera.

Line for John Cassady was huge due to his limited con appearances.

Neal Adams now charging $30 for sigs.

Exclusives were going like hot cakes.

Cosplay was all over the place ranging from a Hulkbuster to guys dressing up as Steven Universe female teams to a duo repping PBS stations nationwide with their MR. ROGERS / BOB THE PAINTER display.

Hacksaw Jim Duggan was charging to sign a 2x4.

Chad L from WASLKONG DEAD charging $50 to take a selfie with people.

Kevin Conroy had a line that never ended due to fans loving him on cartoons & video games. Second place is Phil LaMarr with his extensive VO work. His signings were slower due to him wanting to have 5 min convos with each fan.

Did you manage to see Stan's brother Larry Lieber. I never heard about Frank's surprise signing yesterday, was it the same as today, raffle?

Apparently Steve Dillon thinks he's a rockstar since he continually showed up late to the Hero Initiative table. Didn't get in until 4pm on Saturday and Sunday he was supposed to show at 130pm but I ended giving away my sketch pass (I was 10th in line) to someone else so I can stand on another line to get a quick $25 headsketch from Whilce Portacio. BTW, Steve Dillon was only charging $60 for headsketches.

FUNKO wristband distribution was ridiculous. 8am I was on the line and Funko gave out 11am wristbands early. 2pm wristbands would be distributed at noon. I was not going to waste 4 hrs on a line for a wristband that's not guaranteed.

Got Steve Dillon and Jimmy Palmiotti to sign two PUNISHER #1s. Wanted to get Garth Ennis but the boys in CGC said they were closing shop at 3pm to package and mail everything through FedEx. Missed out on Ennis since his signing started @ 3pm.

Highlight of the show was getting a Glow in the Dark GODZILLA 6" POP from Toy Tokyo and then getting them signed by 3 actors who played Godzilla including the actor from the first GODZILLA film. Took pics with all three as well. Very nice gentlemen.

PEEPS AT CON BUT NOT ADVERTISE:

- JIM SHOOTER

- SGT. SLAUGHTER

- HACKSAW JIM DUGAN

- HONKY TONK MAN

- DREA DE MATEO

- CHRIS IVY

- MARAT MICHAELS

- CHRIS BAUTISTA

- JURASSIC PARK VELOCITAPTOR

- MIKE PERKINS (practically ignored at Hero Initiative)

Steve Dillon was even better the first time I saw him years ago at Jim Hanley's original location when he was on time and I got a PUNISHER bust from him for $30, all money going to Hero Initiative. Wanted another Punisher for my blank but I was not going to waste my hours on his lateness as my time is more important then he is. Better things to do at a con than wait around for someone who has no respect for his fans or Hero Initiative. Either be on time or call Hero Initiative to say your running late. Common Courtesy.

4th day. Legs and feet hurt so much last night I was in bed moaning and growing. I averaged dragging home a bit more than a magazine box a day of comics over the four days, no wonder my body hurts. My son snooker ed me onto buying him more than 50 archives and Richie rich out of dollar boxes. Plus we dragged home a ton of free books from "regular" publishers. And a shout out to McFarlane as they were not stingy with the free walking dead toys. Made my wife happy.

Steve Dillon was even better the first time I saw him years ago at Jim Hanley's original location when he was on time and I got a PUNISHER bust from him for $30, all money going to Hero Initiative. Wanted another Punisher for my blank but I was not going to waste my hours on his lateness as my time is more important then he is. Better things to do at a con than wait around for someone who has no respect for his fans or Hero Initiative. Either be on time or call Hero Initiative to say your running late. Common Courtesy.

Heroes initiative had no scheduled time for him on Sat. He was 15-20 late Sunday due to the crowd. I agree time is valuable but you need not blame Steve.