• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2015 --It's still Never too Early, Oct 8-11

464 posts in this topic

that was a nightmare... i refreshed at 11:59:55... and it put me in queue... after 20 minutes it took me to the ticketing screen... selected a 3 day and hit check out... then website failed... kicked back into the queue... then kicked back into the queue 12 more times after that, and 7 on my phone over a 2 hr period... finally got back in and all multiday passes were gone... so i had to buy single day tickets... so pissed... but at least i am going... :mad:

Got 3 4 day passes, this will be my 8th year

I also got my 4 day pass :whee:

Will there be a board gathering/drinks during NYCC 2015 ?

The show is big enough that there are usually multiple gatherings all over the city.

I don't know of an 'official forum dinner' yet.

Do you have a group that is coming over with you?

The show is big enough that there are usually multiple gatherings all over the city.

Yeah - about six of us UK boardies :)

Yeah - about six of us UK boardies :)

Well then you're in good sorts! lol

I'll probably see you at the show as well. There's always something going on at a gathering this large. (thumbs u

Maybe they should limit the tickets to (4) or (6) to a person and not (10) to a person like they did this year?

You could only get (2) VIP and up to (10) of any other type. Guess which ones sold out first?

Short of mandating that each person has to eletronically put their name on the ticket, it's going to be difficult to combat the reselling that's happening on StubHub & Ebay.

Well, they could consider raising prices. Higher prices would undercut the resale market and people who end up having to go that route -- like me because I was shut out of getting Saturday tickets -- would end up paying less. Some people, of course, would end up paying more.

It's dumb. They are telling people how they are going to catch them. If I wanted to sell my tickets, then I'm just going to ask a friend who has an eBay account and not interested in comic cons to sell them for me... (I only got two tickets for Fri and Sun, so I won't be selling unless my girlfriend bails but I would definitely come here first for a fan over $20 profit...)

As per Midtown Comics' Facebook yesterday:

"We've been receiving several calls and messages about New York Comic Con tickets! Please note that we'll be selling these tickets at an event this September. Stay tuned on social media for the details as we get closer! Thanks!!

Although CGC will be there, if anyone can't make it to NYCC but need books signed & CGCed, the following boardies are facilitating at this year's event --

- DesertWind Comics (their other company "Celestial Comics" will be handling CGC from now on -- https://www.facebook.com/CelestialComics)

I believe dscott & NYCOMICS will be there as well but don't quote me. They haven't posted anything yet as it's 6 months away.

Although CGC will be there, if anyone can't make it to NYCC but need books signed & CGCed, the following boardies are facilitating at this year's event --

- DesertWind Comics (their other company "Celestial Comics" will be handling CGC from now on -- https://www.facebook.com/CelestialComics)

I believe dscott & NYCOMICS will be there as well but don't quote me. They haven't posted anything yet as it's 6 months away.

Hey-

We will be facilitating. We have renewed our booth and will be right in the same spot as last year.

Hopefully we will also be running a Stan Lee signing at the show as well. (Fingers crossed)

We also will be accepting Todd McFarlane CGC SS submissions on site.