• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYCC 2015 --It's still Never too Early, Oct 8-11

464 posts in this topic

That sucks... I want to see him actually sign my book... Might well just buy a SS off of eBay then...

Todd will most likely sign at the Image booth again occasionally throughout the weekend. It would not be a witnessed book but worth it to grab a signature for free on a PC book you feel isn't worth slabbing. I had him sign a few #1 Spawns last year. He was extremely nice and talkative, he even paused to take pics. Yup, I nerded out. :sumo:

Questions about submitting books to the NYCC CGC booth to be graded.

1. With my premium membership, how do I use my "$150 Credit to CGC"?

2. How do I pack my comics to drop them off?

3. Where do I find the submission forms to fill out prior?

4. Will I need cash, credit or debit to pay whatever balance there may be?

5. Anything else I should know?

Thanks for your time.

I've never had my own books graded and want it to go as smoothly as possible.

1) Make sure you bring your CS account number and mention to the CGC people that you want to use your grading credit - they'll make sure it gets noted on the form.

2) CGC packs the books themselves - all you need to do is make sure they're actually bagged & boarded.

3) http://www.cgccomics.com/services/Submitting.aspx?howto

5) Yes - CGC takes credit cards, checks or exact cash.

6) NYCC is one of the busiest shows for CGC each year. Even with 2 booths (one on the main floor, one in artist alley), there's never enough CGC employees & witnesses to go around, so patience is key. Make a plan for any SS books you're doing - eg. figure out where the person is physically located and whether he/she is actually there prior to walking up the booth and asking for a witness.

For celebrity/wristbanded/ticketed signings, make sure you coordinate with CGC before you get in line - for some ticketed comic book signings, they will have a witness stationed up there for the entire duration of the signing; for most of them, that won't be the case, though.

Thank you thank you!

Where are the big celebs? I know this isn't San Diego but I don't see anyone on the entertainment guest list except for kirkman that is like wow..... I went two years ago and saw Sylvester stallone...Sigourney weaver...Christopher Lloyd and kirkman plus all the walking dead actors at the panel. This year the comic guests are good but is it just me or is the entertainment list mediocre? I know they will announce more so I hope we get someone good.

I don't live in new York City so the rare times I visit and pay tons of money I think there should be more you know comic book movie actors at a comic con. Not one actor from avengers or xmen films. San Diego had tons.

Jim lee and John romita...2 great comic book additions.

I don't live in new York City so the rare times I visit and pay tons of money I think there should be more you know comic book movie actors at a comic con. Not one actor from avengers or xmen films. San Diego had tons.

Jim lee and John romita...2 great comic book additions.

You need to be realistic about what to expect from these shows. Fact is, NYCC is slowly turning into SDCC. I'm not crazy about that, but that's me. There are a number of guests coming to pimp out movies and shows that will be released in the coming months. If there's no release, there's no "star".

When Stallone showed up, it wasn't for the hell of it. It was to pimp out THE EXPENDABLES.

- Bryan Cranston

- Brandon Routh

- Christian Slater

- Jack Black

- Bruce Campbell

- Nathan Fillion

- Kevin Conroy

- Kevin Smith

- Rashida Jones

- Sam Raimi

- Sean Bean

- Seth Green

- Seth Meyers

- Cast of THE LEAGUE

- Cast of GOTHAM

- Cast of LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

- Cast of ASH VS EVIL DEAD

- Cast of ROBOT CHICKEN

- Cast of FIREFLY (At least 3)

Who do you want for this to be a celebrity event for you to be happy? Be grateful for what you get.

I doubt it will be this year's Wytches. Wytches had a "bought the rights" announcement and the book went white hot for a few weeks. Unless Brian has done a 180 there won't be a rights announcement.