• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 Halloween is Upon Us!

76 posts in this topic

Here a quick shout out for the folks that love this holiday (like we do).

What's your kid(s) going as? Got any decor set-up? Got any parties lined up?

J has picked his costume and here's our 2014 set-up!...

150565.jpg

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Here are some of our past Classics...

2007:

73932.jpg

2008:

90655.jpg

2009:

88174.jpg

2010:

105205.jpg

2011:

116845.jpg

2012:

131066.jpg

2013:

141930.jpg

Can I ask how important Halloween really is to Americans?

How many people actually do anything on the day?

Just curious.

Where I live I would say 90% of people are either out with the kids or home giving out candy.

Just curious.

Where I live I would say 90% of people are either out with the kids or home giving out candy.

That's a fairly large percentage of people.

I think its a great idea and have successfully got my kids involved. I do live in an area where you do get quite a few people getting into the spirit of it. Whats more fun than scary stuff!!

It's not very big in Australia, but it is gaining acceptance. A lot of people see it as a silly American holiday. These are the same cretins who don't complain about getting a public holiday for a freakin' horse race!!

I always have some chocky bars ready and stick up decorations around the front door.

Just curious.

That's a fairly large percentage of people.

I think its a great idea and have successfully got my kids involved. I do live in an area where you do get quite a few people getting into the spirit of it. Whats more fun than scary stuff!!

It's not very big in Australia, but it is gaining acceptance. A lot of people see it as a silly American holiday. These are the same cretins who don't complain about getting a public holiday for a freakin' horse race!!

I always have some chocky bars ready and stick up decorations around the front door.

Where I live people go all out. Playing Haunted music, Bands, dressing up, decorated houses. There's even people running around with a chainsaw (Without the blade Only the motor) scaring people on the streets.

I'm not the dressing type but I do go with my kids for trick or treat. Over the years I have appreciate it.

IMAG0085_zpsf8fb8716.jpg

I am a big fan of Halloween. I love haunts!

Been to Halloween Horror Nights in Orlando 4 times now. I wish I could go every year. ( I said it before, I am born in the wrong country). I own some special one of kind things from the 2002 event.

Normally I put up a dsplay in my house, but as we have put our house on the market I left that out this time around.

So I will only go to one haunted house event this year. But a good one with 5 houses and they send you in with groups of max 6 people at the time. And I'll be watching some gore filled horror movies.

My wife and I kicked of Halloween last week with an awesome neighborhood party. Here's our take on Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf...

15411629530_5362621f8a_c.jpg

Great get up!

Given that it will be on Friday evening - making the prefect start of the weekend. Yup, lots of kids will be out on streets collecting their treats. My mother would do that every year, putting candy cars in a bowl by door. She has a fake jack'o'lantern pumpkin to light up outside.

I used to do the costume years ago, but not anymore. But I'll watch a scary movie for this evening. :shy:

We had a costume party last night so we went as some what scary clowns. We have another party tonight which will be all adults so the scary level will be thru the roof.

Clown1_zps5e428a59.jpg

clown2_zps0083afd9.jpg

Clown3_zps9abf46e6.jpg

Clown4_zps1aef3b6c.jpg

Clown5_zps0052d1d2.jpg