• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 Halloween is Upon Us!

76 posts in this topic

We had a relatively small turnout. probably half of what we had last year. I talked to a few people in other neighborhoods and they said the same. Did anybody else notice that?

We gave out comics and candy and then got ready for a local H party we try to get to every year.

As a side note, this is a special costume for me. Back in 1992, around the time that Bram Stoker's Dracula was being advertised, I was dying to see the movie and looking so forward to it. For whatever reason I didn't. When I finally saw it for the first time a few years ago (nearly 20 years later) I fell in love with it.

When Lou and I decided to get married, I modeled my wedding suit as closely to that of the movie as I possible could within what was possible. I wore it again last night, with a few adjustments. It was a big hit.

You know what they say...Love never dies. :devil:

I present to you Dracul and Elisabet.

RoyandLouAbstractOct312014b.jpg

RoyandLouAbstractOct312014.jpg

I can neither confirm nor deny that Forrest Gump in his running gear was making his way through Manhattan and on the L train yesterday.

He may also have bumped into Jaybuck43. lol

So I was viewing my favourite Halloween videos again today:

DSCN3449_zps9c65beed.jpg

When Cowboy took advantage of the opportunity and raided my Halloween stash!

DSCN3464_zps8003b3ce.jpg

DSCN3465_zpse9cf6610.jpg

Villain! I chased him away of course but I then had to spend a few minutes taking inventory.

DSCN3467_zps1dff24e9.jpg

DSCN3468_zpsfa98c917.jpg

DSCN3462_zps11b4c5f9.jpg

DSCN3461_zps382bf34d.jpg

:mad:

Mr. Big chocolate bars have been sold for the better part of a century and are absolutely delicious. They're every bit as tasty and nutritious as Oh Henry chocolate bars.

Cadbury_Mr_Big_Label94_enl.jpg

Sold only in Canada though. Sorry.

Popeye's Candy Sticks have also been sold in Canada for as long as I can remember. Up until twenty years ago or so they were called Candy Cigarettes but the Women's Christian Decency League and Anti-Smoking Brigade forced their relabeling.

656.jpg

They're packaged up in mini packs for Halloween:

Popeye-Candy-Cigarettes.jpg

They're coagulated icing sugar or something and have an addictive chalky flavour.

:cool: