• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Panther official movie thread (11/3/17)
1 1

1,408 posts in this topic

‘Black Panther’ Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M

Industry estimates believe that Black Panther will hit $400M  at the domestic box office by end of today, making the Ryan Coogler-directed Marvel movie the second-fastest to that point along with Jurassic World in 10 days. Black Panther gets to $400M in four days less than The Avengers (14 days) and ranks behind Star Wars: Force Awakens record of 8 days.

The Disney release posted $47.7M on Saturday, +66% which puts its second weekend at $108M, -46%. Can’t mention enough how this Marvel movie goes higher and higher, so if we’ve grown this much since Friday, we’re bound to grow even more by the end of today. At this pace, Black Panther would own the second best second weekend at the B.O. behind Force Awakens ($149.2M), and well ahead of Avengers‘s sophomore sesh of $103M.

I guess I used the wrong font.

:shy:

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

‘Black Panther’ Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M

Industry estimates believe that Black Panther will hit $400M  at the domestic box office by end of today, making the Ryan Coogler-directed Marvel movie the second-fastest to that point along with Jurassic World in 10 days. Black Panther gets to $400M in four days less than The Avengers (14 days) and ranks behind Star Wars: Force Awakens record of 8 days.

The Disney release posted $47.7M on Saturday, +66% which puts its second weekend at $108M, -46%. Can’t mention enough how this Marvel movie goes higher and higher, so if we’ve grown this much since Friday, we’re bound to grow even more by the end of today. At this pace, Black Panther would own the second best second weekend at the B.O. behind Force Awakens ($149.2M), and well ahead of Avengers‘s sophomore sesh of $103M.

Edited by Bosco685

So what do you guys think the future will look like for BP?

Will this movie go down in history being just another Marvel hit movie ala Avengers/Iron Man. Will it be a great movie ala Avatar? Or will it be a Disney classic ala Pocahontas/Lion King etc?

Will we see more BP merch? will there be Disney BP rides? Will comiccons have more BP fans and presence?

1 minute ago, ianh said:

Good movie but over hyped. 97% on RT?!? come on....the audience score of 77% is about right. I'd put it above CA: FA and that is about it.

welcome to the RT tutorial.  97 out of 100 (well, 326 out of 337 critics gave it a thumbs up).  the avg critic rating was 8.2. 

5 minutes ago, ianh said:

Good movie but over hyped. 97% on RT?!? come on....the audience score of 77% is about right. I'd put it above CA: FA and that is about it.

You have to check the Critic Average Score for their actual rating average. The 97% is just saying '97% of professional critic reviews that are positive for a given film or television show'.

ABOUT ROTTEN TOMATOES

The actual average score is 8.2/10.0 for critics and 4.1/5.0 for audiences.

7 minutes ago, paperheart said:

welcome to the RT tutorial.  97 out of 100 (well, 326 out of 337 critics gave it a thumbs up).  the avg critic rating was 8.2. 

Welcome to the RT tutorial. The average audience score was 4.1. Grats, on being able to read too. I know what the ratings mean I was merely commenting on the 97% fresh. geez...don't get all in a huff

Edited by ianh

11 minutes ago, ianh said:

Welcome to the RT tutorial. The average audience score was 4.1. Grats, on being able to read too. I know what the ratings mean I was merely commenting on the 97% fresh. geez...don't get all in a huff

It's his thing. You'll get used to it.

:foryou: