• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Panther official movie thread (11/3/17)
1 1

1,408 posts in this topic

8.5 out of 10 from me.  Excellent show with some poignant moments.

As others have mentioned, Killmonger is one of the better, fleshed-out Marvel villains.  

My favorite scene in the movie,

Spoiler

When they bury Killmonger and he reunites with his father.  Excellent scene and very touching.

My "Come on Man!" moments,

Spoiler

The death of Klaw.  Loved him and wanted to see more.

Rhino Cavalry.  doh!

Wouldn't say it's my favorite, but definitely top-notch.

11 hours ago, WeR138 said:

8.5 out of 10 from me.  Excellent show with some poignant moments.

As others have mentioned, Killmonger is one of the better, fleshed-out Marvel villains.  

My favorite scene in the movie,

Hide contents

When they bury Killmonger and he reunites with his father.  Excellent scene and very touching.

My "Come on Man!" moments,

Hide contents

The death of Klaw.  Loved him and wanted to see more.

Rhino Cavalry.  doh!

Wouldn't say it's my favorite, but definitely top-notch.

My "NO HE DIDNT" moment

Spoiler

Killmonger shoots his female friend to get Klaw. They seem to be more than just partners in crime based on the passionate kissing in the truck moments earlier. I  think she may even be the mother of his child

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

Plenty of other characters Marvel can capitalize now that they know minority characters and women draw big audiences

Hope it done more thru original characters rather than retrofitting existing characters (although I'll give Moon-girl a pass as Devil Dinosaur was in dire need of an update).

Went for second viewing (not something I usually do) this weekend and the theater was packed. On a Sunday early-afternoon.

I'm amazed at the number of people who walk out as soon as the credits start. We've been 10 years into the Marvel movies... doesn't everyone know that there's more scenes?

16 minutes ago, Hekla said:

Went for second viewing (not something I usually do) this weekend and the theater was packed. On a Sunday early-afternoon.

I'm amazed at the number of people who walk out as soon as the credits start. We've been 10 years into the Marvel movies... doesn't everyone know that there's more scenes?

Those were probably people that saw the movie already :baiting:

27 minutes ago, paperheart said:

or were seeing their first and didn't know.  or sat through Schwarma and said 'i'm not doing that again'

or my personal favorite, Captain America's Patience PSA at the end of Spider-man Homecoming lol

21 hours ago, Bosco685 said:
23 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

So in essence BP may end up being an even bigger property than Wolverine or Deadpool?

It would appear so.

4uRsDCf.jpg

:whatthe:

(worship)

Let's not get carried away here. :screwy:

It's one movie. A good movie, yes . . . a great movie, sure . . . but still a single movie.

This movie's hype machine is in overdrive ("King of Hollywood on Oscar night") -- don't underestimate American apathy, laziness, and short attention spans.

Let's see how the "property" is still doing a few years out before going crazy altogether.

41 minutes ago, Antpark said:

It's one movie. A good movie, yes . . . a great movie, sure . . . but still a single movie.

This movie's hype machine is in overdrive ("King of Hollywood on Oscar night") -- don't underestimate American apathy, laziness, and short attention spans.

Let's see how the "property" is still doing a few years out before going crazy altogether.

The number one reason why I recommend Marvel keys from silver age and up over any other companies keys is because nothing can beat the Disney marketing machine. Wait until their streaming channel starts. 

54 minutes ago, Antpark said:

What - you differ with my opinion? Why, I'll get so mad I become unhinged.

gorilla2angry8nh.gif~c200

Got that out of my system. Now, back to reality.

I hear ya. This is an initial response to a movie that has hit a drastically underserved market. So to many, it is easy to say this is the new THING. But it is still exciting a comic book movie is bringing this out at theaters.

It will be interesting to see how Marvel handles any follow-up.