• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Panther official movie thread (11/3/17)
1 1

1,408 posts in this topic

It worries me that a large part of the trailer is some dude being interrogated tied to a chair.  Usually they put the best things in trailers and a boring scene like that being center stage is a red flag to me.

2 hours ago, kav said:

It worries me that a large part of the trailer is some dude being interrogated tied to a chair.  Usually they put the best things in trailers and a boring scene like that being center stage is a red flag to me.

I won't say I thought it was the best trailer, but I did think that was a pretty good trailer opening. Guy opens with a fantastic, half-believable tale about some remote hidden part of the world that is riddled with natural riches... launching an expedition to break that secrecy and steal their wealth (hence the military henchmen getting taken down one by one by panther).

Edited by bronze_rules

I really didn't like it at all. Trailer was full of bad CGI and same style fight scenes in every "fast paced" action movie trailer. 

Side note, the first super hero trailer that my girls (10, 8) weren't interested in. 

I had no idea Geoff Johns worked on The Avengers for a period of time.

DC's Geoff Johns Praises Black Panther Trailer

nnnQ8s7.png

That trailer was so awesome that even DC Comics president Geoff Johns was left impressed by the King of Wakanda’s first solo movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Johns has been working exclusively for DC Comics for going on a decade; he was promoted to Chief Creative Officer in 2010 and then president of DC Entertainment in 2016. But he also spent some time writing for Marvel Comics including an acclaimed run on the Avengers.

In the storyarc “Red Zone,” Johns collaborated with with Oliver Coipel in a plot that saw Black Panther butting heads with Iron Man. The two set aside their differences and Panther becomes an integral member of the Avengers extended roster. Johns might have had a limited run on the character, but it was memorable all the same.

On 6/10/2017 at 3:31 PM, kav said:

Some dude???  That's what makes it so awesome.  It's Klaw and the guy responsible for Winter Soldiers capture.  We've seen both characters before.  That's what I love about all these movies, they all tie in together in some fashion.  

Plus this trailer is visually amazing on the senses.

Jim

2 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

I hope Marvel saves Klaw, the master of sound, for Black Panther part II movie. Part 1 has a lot of Wakanda vibranium :blush: background and tribal lore to introduce to the general public.  

This movie could take place prior to AoU & Civil War.

We will see what happens. If it is just more of the same Marvel formula I am not certain that it will do as well as people are hoping. The release date should help, though, as it is the first hero film out of the gate in 2018. 

Unless we hear good things about the film, my kids will want wait to hit the theatre a week later to see the Pacific Rim sequel instead. lol 

Edited by kimik