• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Panther official movie thread (11/3/17)
1 1

1,408 posts in this topic

Would Marvel Try To Fit Storm Into 'Black Panther' After The Fox Deal?

black-panther-storm-1066629-640x320.png

One way two Marvel franchises could blend together would be adapting the marriage of African superheroes Black Panther and Storm, one of the major power couples of the Marvel Universe.

Mutant Ororo Munroe — who adopted the codename "Storm" and used her weather-affecting abilities as part of super-team the X-Men — wed T'Challa, king of the reclusive and technologically-advanced African nation of Wakanda, in 2006's Black Panther (Vol. 4) #18.

The coupling lasted, in real time, until 2012 — until a revelation dropped in the pages of Avengers vs. X-Men #9 saw Black Panther make the remark their marriage had been annulled by the high priest of the Panther clan, ending the relationship.

Marvel Studios could bring two of Marvel's most prominent Black heroes together romantically on screen — it just won't happen in Black Panther.

On 1/14/2018 at 8:21 AM, Chillax23 said:

I just watched all the trailers for the first time and this movie looks awesome! 

I also think the soundtrack will be great from the trailers. 

I think this has potential to be a HuGE hit!

don't know if it's the trailers but the 'stock' is acting like Wakandacoin; now estimating US BO at $300MM+, up from $225MM 4 weeks ago

https://www.hsx.com/security/view/BPNTH

22 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

1st reviews of the film are coming back amazing. These are critics that hate our super hero films and they loved this one. 

Someone said James bond of the marvel u. I can't wait to see it now.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2018/01/30/black-panther-first-reactions-declare-film-astonishing-iconic-and-save-blockbusters/1077768001/

Reviews seem very positive.

1 hour ago, Hekla said:

(quote here)

1 hour ago, fastballspecial said:

(quote here)

55 minutes ago, ghengishahn said:

(quote here)

Nope, not gonna buy into the hype of early reviews (Justice League and Last Jedi broke the camels back).

I'm excited to see this movie.  I love the trailers.  I'm going to see this movie no matter what the early reviews say (good or bad).