• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Panther official movie thread (11/3/17)
1 1

1,408 posts in this topic

DC Fans Raise Money to Send Bronx Schoolchildren to Black Panther

In the wake of increasing conflict between [supposed] die-hard fans of DC Comics and Marvel Comics, one group of DC fans is raising money to send schoolchildren from The Bronx to see Marvel’s Black Panther movie. The funds were raised as part of the #BlackPantherChallenge, an initiative launched by Frederick Joseph to raise money to take Harlem children to see Black Panther in theaters. Joseph has called on people in other parts of the country to mirror his efforts – a challenge taken up by Oscar-winner Spencer, who is sponsoring a Black Panther screening in Mississippi. Thus far, the #BlackPantherChallenge has seen approximately 100 campaigns raise over $100,000, drawing donations from fifteen countries and all fifty of the United States.

Scheduled for release in a few short weeks, Black Panther is perhaps the most highly anticipated superhero film of 2018. Pre-sales for the film have already shattered the previous records on advanced ticket sales for a superhero movie. Meanwhile, Black Panther social media reactions – from the audience members who attended the movie’s world premiere earlier this week – have been almost entirely positive, further fueling the furor in the build up to the Marvel tentpole’s release.

I didn't want paperheart missing posting this positive message. We all know how critical that is to him.

Edited by Bosco685
Go for the positive message!

13 minutes ago, RedRaven said:

You should probably ignore him. I don't think there is anything to gain by responding. I'd rather you spent your energy curating these threads for us! (thumbsu

:foryou:

Great suggestion.

On 2/1/2018 at 2:06 PM, Rip said:

I've never understood the weird brand devotion and hate mentality for the other. I tend to like DC's comics better and Marvel Movies better, but I really have nothing against one company or the other. 

I know the internet tends to be the most opinionated place, but some people make it there life's goal to smash others.

As someone who's also worked for both companies at one time or another, both have their ups and downs like any place.

From my observations the majority of Marvel fans really have been supported of the DC movies,while some DC fans seemed to be the angry fanbase with a chip on it's shoulder. Some of these DC fans were so upset that they even went after the Justice League's competition Star Wars: The Last Jedi with vitriolic comments.

On 2/1/2018 at 1:29 PM, fantastic_four said:

jsilverjanet has gone too far this time.  (tsk)

black-panther-rotten-tomatoes-1079884.jp

A shame.

It doesn't surprise me. These certain DC fans are in a shock the Black Panther will beat Justice League at the box office.

They are saying how does that happen? Their is answer is blame the Rotten Tomatoes critics to lash out. A conspiracy it must be.

Really disappointing that this happens and would not surprise me if this was the same group behind the Star Wars Last Jedi bashing.

4 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

A shame.

It doesn't surprise me. These certain DC fans are in a shock the Black Panther will beat Justice League at the box office.

They are saying how does that happen? Their is answer is blame the Rotten Tomatoes critics to lash out. A conspiracy it must be.

Really disappointing that this happens and would not surprise me if this was the same group behind the Star Wars Last Jedi bashing.

This has NOTHING to do with DC fans in shock Black Panther is sounding like it is going to top Justice League. So why keep repeating that message? To encourage some imaginary competition?

This is an alt-right group that clearly called out they attacked The Last Jedi ratings. Now they are going to attack Black Panther, and claiming it is due to they are DC fans. Put on your Sherlock Holmes hat, and what is the link between the two?

DISNEY

7 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

I'm glad that those kids get to see Black Panther, but the whole it was "DC fans" that are responsible for doing it is rather inconsequential.  Would be like me giving a starving man $20 dollars outside a Burger King so he could eat, and then say I'm a big McDonalds fan.  (shrug)

Because as soon as that Hate Group attempted to associate its actions with being DC fans, these people made it clear they were real DC fans and had no issues with encouraging attending this movie. And backed that up with raising funds.

so if your Burger King vs McDonalds corporate competition included stomping out a fake hate story by giving the starving man money and telling him if he wants McDonalds then go enjoy - there’s nothing wrong with the food - equal footing comparison.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Black Panther is sounding like it is going to top Justice League

I think it is a forgone conclusion that Black Panther will beat Justice League at the box office. It won't even be close.

‘Black Panther’ Bounds Toward Huge $150 Million Presidents Day Weekend Opening.

http://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/black-panther-game-night-annihilation-box-office-openings-1202684191/

Disney-Marvel’s “Black Panther” is heading for as much as $150 million in its North American opening on the four-day Presidents Day weekend, updated tracking is showing.

That’s significantly above the first tracking on Jan. 25 for the Chadwick Boseman tentpole, which initially placed the debut in the $100 million to $120 million range for the Feb. 16-19 period. “Black Panther” could break the Presidents Day weekend record of $152 million, set in 2016 by “Deadpool.” It will easily top the second-highest debut for  the four-day holiday, set in 2015 when “Fifty Shades of Grey” opened with $93 million.

1 minute ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I think it is a forgone conclusion that Black Panther will beat Justice League at the box office. It won't even be close.

‘Black Panther’ Bounds Toward Huge $150 Million Presidents Day Weekend Opening.

http://variety.com/2018/film/box-office/black-panther-game-night-annihilation-box-office-openings-1202684191/

Disney-Marvel’s “Black Panther” is heading for as much as $150 million in its North American opening on the four-day Presidents Day weekend, updated tracking is showing.

That’s significantly above the first tracking on Jan. 25 for the Chadwick Boseman tentpole, which initially placed the debut in the $100 million to $120 million range for the Feb. 16-19 period. “Black Panther” could break the Presidents Day weekend record of $152 million, set in 2016 by “Deadpool.” It will easily top the second-highest debut for  the four-day holiday, set in 2015 when “Fifty Shades of Grey” opened with $93 million.

:gossip: I posted that one page back.

31 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Living through Marvel again, are we?

(:

Let's face it. You can't joke with DC fans. The littlest thing will set them off nowadays.:flamed:

Seeing Black Panther beating their superteam Justice League decisively much be painful for them.

DC fans instead of getting upset with Marvel's success should look at why mainstream don't get their heroes.

The first thing I would do if I was DC would get away from the SuperFriends characters.

55049c3aceb606adf4eac281a1444c3e--marvel-comics-superheroes-marvel-heroes.jpg

I had great childhood memories of these characters,but they are hard to translate into real world live-action heroes.

That is why their Animated movies are better. They work better in a cartoonish world and not good in a real world like Marvel heroes do.

As I said before DC should focus more on the Vertigo characters like Sandman/Starman and modern characters like Lobo/Deathstoke.

Time to move away from the Justice League type characters.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

16 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Let's face it. You can't joke with DC fans. The littlest thing will set them off nowadays.:flamed:

What about folks that enjoy both DC and Marvel movies, and find the competition posts silly?

Edited by Bosco685