• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, chezmtghut said:

Yes. The MCU is incorporating Planet Hulk into Thor Ragnarok.

Most probably because if they went with a standalone Hulk movie, then they have to cut Universal Pictures in due to distribution rights. So if they make it a buddy movie - and no reference or hint to a Hulk-only -script - safe bet Universal has no claim.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

Most probably because if they went with a standalone Hulk movie, then they have to cut Universal Pictures in due to distribution rights. So if they make it a buddy movie - and no reference or hint to a Hulk-only --script - safe bet Universal has no claim.

From my understanding, Universal only has a claim if Hulk's name is in the title. I think the MCU could give him a solo film if it was called Gama World for example & Universal would have no claim.

22 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

From my understanding, Universal only has a claim if Hulk's name is in the title. I think the MCU could give him a solo film if it was called Gama World for example & Universal would have no claim.

Bumped the Marvel Shell Game thread so you can read up on what Feige had to say about this. It would require a joint effort.

Tom Hiddleston Says THOR: RAGNAROK Contains The Funniest Depiction Of Marvel's God Of Thunder

1469671876051.jpg

The Thor film franchise has never really fallen short in the humor department; both installments in the God of Thunder's solo series poked fun at Thor's unfamiliarity with Midgard (Earth) and its inhabitants, among other things. With Taika Waititi taking the helm for the Son of Odin's next film, Thor: Ragnarok, actor Tom Hiddleston (who plays Thor's villainous half-brother Loki) has promised that the comraderie between the director and star Chris Hemsworth led to some great moments for the character. 

"Taika Waititi is such a spirited, hilarious individual, and he and Chris [Hemsworth] became very fast friends," Hiddleston told Fandango in an interview. "And what was great for me was to see their friendship kind of blossom and they brought out the best in each other and started making stuff up. I can confidently say this will be the funniest depiction of the character of Thor that you've ever seen. I personally have known for almost 10 years that Chris Hemsworth is hilarious. I think this go-round will be his chance."

14 hours ago, Unca Ben said:

So, could Cate Blanchett's Hela end up being the Thanos' love interest / Mistress Death in the MCU? 

It would be much more interesting than in the comics.

Edited by Ken Aldred

48 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

lol

More enjoyable than every recent DC movie.

...or Captain America: Civil War...or Agents of S.HI.E.L.D....or Luke Cage...or Iron Fist...

Gotta complete the picture.

(:

47 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

...or Captain America: Civil War...or Agents of S.HI.E.L.D....or Luke Cage...or Iron Fist...

Gotta complete the picture.

(:

No, no, yes, don't know.

41 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

Are you watching the current series of MAOS?

Halfway through Season Two, I had to stop. This show did nothing for me. But once Ghost Rider appeared, I jumped back in. Once he was gone, it felt like it lost momentum again.

25 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Halfway through Season Two, I had to stop. This show did nothing for me. But once Ghost Rider appeared, I jumped back in. Once he was gone, it felt like it lost momentum again.

We are only 8 episodes in over here but I'm really enjoying it. Ghost Rider has been excellent.