• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

I enjoyed both of the Thor movies. I really liked the second movie.

As a critique, I will say the Destroyer in the first movie could have been handled better, and I would have preferred a more classic story-line adaptation in the second movie instead of the Dark Elves. The Colonizers of Rigel with Tana Nile, the Recorder, and Ego would have been fun. Or the High Evolutionary story. Ulik or Mangog would have been nice, too. Surely Marvel could have incorporated the Infinity Gem into one of those stories just as easily as they did with the Dark Elves.

It seems Marvel Studios has plundered some of the cooler characters from Thor for use in their other properties - the Absorbing Man & Ego come to mind.

Turns out Ego was a Fox property at the time.

I enjoyed both of the Thor movies. I really liked the second movie.

As a critique, I will say the Destroyer in the first movie could have been handled better, and I would have preferred a more classic story-line adaptation in the second movie instead of the Dark Elves. The Colonizers of Rigel with Tana Nile, the Recorder, and Ego would have been fun. Or the High Evolutionary story. Ulik or Mangog would have been nice, too. Surely Marvel could have incorporated the Infinity Gem into one of those stories just as easily as they did with the Dark Elves.

It seems Marvel Studios has plundered some of the cooler characters from Thor for use in their other properties - the Absorbing Man & Ego come to mind.

Turns out Ego was a Fox property at the time.

Yup. The whole 'Negasonic Teenage Warhead character modification' situation.

John Cena Joins Thor: Ragnarok

If we are to go by the IMDb listing for Thor: Ragnarok, WWE Superstar John Cena has joined the cast which is in part adapting the Marvel Comics Planet Hulk storyline.

So who is John Cena playing? Why it's himself.

I can actually see John Cena making a cameo as himself in the gladiator arena. While we don't know specifics about Thor: Ragnarok, I'm guessing Jeff Goldblum's Grandmaster kidnaps various "champions" from around the universe to do battle and compete in the arena (nod to the original Contest of Champions Marvel comic book event). It's possible that since John Cena is a "great" champion, that he gets picked for the gladiator arena and is featured in a scene. This also explains how Hulk gets taken off of Earth, as the Hulk would be considered a great champion, and how Thor makes his way to the arena.

Marvelous Realm ‏@MarvelousRealm 11h11 hours ago

The Marvel Studios #GotG panel is Sat 12/3 from 8-9pm São Paulo time. US start time 4 pm C, 5 E, 2 P.

Marvelous Realm ‏@MarvelousRealm 11h11 hours ago

The #SpiderManHomecoming #CCXP2016 (Sony) panel is 12/2 from 1:30 to 3:00 pm São Paulo time. Sony start time (US) 9:30 am C, 10:30 E, 7:30 PM

Cyj3hO9WEAAFWVu.jpg

CyjPRR0WQAAmm_u.jpg

:whee:

This has the potential to be huge!

The God Of Thunder And Hulk Go To War In First Amazing Promo Art For THOR: RAGNAROK

sbLqSRa.jpg

The first promo art for Thor: Ragnarok has surfaced today, and as you can see, it's every bit as stylised as the movie's first logo. Offering up a very cool shot of the Jade Giant in his gladiator armour, the Jade Giant looks like he's been torn straight out of the pages of Planet Hulk.

Thor meanwhile has a tattered cape and is sporting face paint which isn't too different to what we've seen Valkyrie covered with. Mjolnir is also nowhere to be seen as the God of Thunder is instead wielding two very powerful looking swords which are likely filling in for his hammer while he's forced to compete under the watchful eye of The Grandmaster in his cosmic fighting arena.

THOR: RAGNAROK Director Taika Waititi Confirms That We Will Visit The Planet Sakaar In The Movie

Director Taika Waititi has now confirmed that we will indeed see The God of Thunder (Chris Hemsworth) reconnect with Bruce Banner/Hulk (Mark Ruffalo) on that very planet during a new interview with Total Film.

Cz7HSAyXAAIeLnm.jpg

Doctor Strange confirmed for Thor: Ragnarok

doctor-strange-thor-3.jpg

The Disney fan service, D23, has posted a piece advertising some of the big-name projects coming out from the studio this year, including GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY 2 and STAR WARS EPISODE VIII, and in the process confirmed that none other than the Sorcerer Supreme, Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch), will be joining the fight in THOR 3:

"If you need even more intergalactic, world-saving action, Thor: Ragnarok in November brings together Thor, the Hulk, and Doctor Strange to face off against intergalactic baddies both familiar and new."

This may not come as a huge shock for anyone that stayed behind for the after credits scene in DOCTOR STRANGE, which featured the charming hero having a lovely sit-down with Thor, in the end offering his help in the God of Thunder’s journey. Before STRANGE came out there was a hint this would happen in an image from the THOR 3 set, but it’s always good to get these things officially confirmed. Even after the credits scene no one really knew how big Strange’s role would be if he did show up, but this plot synopsis hints the character will probably have a bigger role in the movie than we thought, if only to help Thor get where he needs to go, and then show up during the climax in a get-away car.

"If you need even more intergalactic, world-saving action, Thor: Ragnarok in November brings together Thor, the Hulk, and Doctor Strange to face off against intergalactic baddies both familiar and new."

I'm getting an "original" Defenders kinda vibe from this; with Thor replacing Subby.

Marvel_Feature_Vol_1_1.jpg

I'm getting an "original" Defenders kinda vibe from this; with Thor replacing Subby.

Marvel_Feature_Vol_1_1.jpg

:o This must be intentional!

Finally had a chance to see the Marvel Animation 'Planet Hulk' movie. If they hit on even 75% of that film, that is going to be a massive production.

:wishluck:

I wonder what that will lead to for Hulk in having a standalone Marvel movie.