• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR: RAGNAROK official thread (7/28/2017)
5 5

896 posts in this topic

What the hell was that at the end?

Doctor Doom from the last FF movie.

Fox said "Yeah, we don't want this one...you can this Marvel..."

Looked a bit like the special effects as the Nimrod class sentinels from DFP as well.

Taika Waititi Wants To Make More Thor And Daryl Sketches With Other Avengers

While fans are still awaiting a proper Thor: Ragnarok trailer, Comic-Con International: San Diego 2016 did provide them with a fun mockumentary by director Taika Waititi, who is known for that style of filmmaking.

The short film, titled “While You Were Fighting: A Thor Mockumentary,” revealed what Thor was up to during the events of Captain America: Civil War. The humorous and obviously non-canonical film revealed Thor had moved in with a new roommate, Darryl, and had been trying to figure out Thanos’ deal via a conspiracy theory-like flow chart of scraps and string on his wall.

Darryl quickly became a popular character, and now fans want more. So does Waititi, as it turns out. Waititi said as much during an Ask Me Anything session on Reddit when he was asked if he’d like to do more Darryl mockumentaries with other Avengers.

“That would be a dream come true,” Waititi said. “I'd love to actually make a bunch of them.”

:wishluck:

If anyone could make these fun to watch...

Thor: Ragnarok Wraps Filming With Live VIdeo

Live from the set of Thor: Ragnarok, Director Taika Waititi takes us on a hilarious and fun little walk as the film officially wraps production on the last day of shooting.

"I've had a great time and I've made a lot of new friends"

First he shows us a beautiful little lake area outside of the Gold Coast of Australia where they filmed for 84 days, and then a outerspace wasteland.

He stops and talks to the cast and crew, who have all gone "the extra mile by dressing up in hot clothing" to make the film work.

Tessa Thompson and Chris Hemsworth are introduced to the internet, before joining Taika on the natural looking walk.

It's their last day, so they are all "getting fired!"

lol

'Welcome to the internet!'

And there is Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie.

gHDI3ye.png

Every superhero has had a great movie except Thor. Hopefully Ragnarok changes that.
Hulk? (shrug) I blame it on Jane Foster & her entourage. :cry: I think Ragnarok will make believers of us all.
You're right in that Hulk hasn't had a great movie, but i'll take the last Hulk movie over either Thor movie. I thought it was at least pretty good. I tried watching Dark World, and got so bored half way thru i gave up. The first Thor movie was okay. at least i was able to get thru both Hulk movies. Edited by Hawkman

Every superhero has had a great movie except Thor. Hopefully Ragnarok changes that.
Hulk? (shrug) I blame it on Jane Foster & her entourage. :cry: I think Ragnarok will make believers of us all.
You're right in that Hulk hasn't had a great movie, but i'll take the last Hulk movie over either Thor movie. I thought it was at least pretty good. I tried watching Dark World, and got so bored half way thru i gave up. The first Thor movie was okay. at least i was able to get thru both Hulk movies.

I liked the first Thor movie. Dark World, on the other hand, was just weird. And poorly told. But it does have some decent scenes with Loki. Captain America: The First Avenger and The Incredible Hulk are also two movies that are not great - though the former is good. And that credits scene with Cap waking up in modern times was great.

But something about Ragnarok makes it seem like it is going to be massive. And fun.

:wishluck:

I enjoyed both of the Thor movies. I really liked the second movie.

As a critique, I will say the Destroyer in the first movie could have been handled better, and I would have preferred a more classic story-line adaptation in the second movie instead of the Dark Elves. The Colonizers of Rigel with Tana Nile, the Recorder, and Ego would have been fun. Or the High Evolutionary story. Ulik or Mangog would have been nice, too. Surely Marvel could have incorporated the Infinity Gem into one of those stories just as easily as they did with the Dark Elves.

It seems Marvel Studios has plundered some of the cooler characters from Thor for use in their other properties - the Absorbing Man & Ego come to mind.